PDA

View Full Version : No Mangy Li'l Gits

Charistoph
07-12-2010, 22:28
I see a lot of posts about running Night Goblin armies, and I get the appeal with the fancy Fanatics and such, but why do I see so little of the regular Boys?

How effective would a Greenskin army be if it incorporated only the minimum amount of Gobbies and Snots (like Fast Cav and War Machines)?

Malorian
07-12-2010, 22:44
The issue is steadfast.

In 7th things were more even (I actually liked orcs more) but in 8th it's all about having bigger units, and so with goblins costing half as much it's an easy win.

Add on to this that once you get big enough that nets is extremely cheap on a per model basis, and the great weapon big bosses adding the kills, and that they take up a smaller foot print, and that is why you see so many goblins.

That's not to say that an orc army wouldn't be effective, you would just have to play to it's strengths and be a lot more aggressive.

bluemage
07-12-2010, 23:06
I've also found it effective to charge a unit with both orcs and night goblins barely touching a corner. Its hard for most things to hurt T4 when they have minus 1 strength. Or alternatively charge the night goblins into the flank, though sometimes its hard to pull that off.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
08-12-2010, 08:56
My ladz will crump any gitz foolish 'nuff ter cum fite Da Boss.

wizbix
08-12-2010, 16:06
Goblins are supposed to be the most common green skin so it isnt so bad too see so many of them. What I would like to see more of is of the common goblin.

Grok
08-12-2010, 16:20
What I would like to see more of is of the common goblin.

Doesn't seem like it'll happen, simply becuase most ppl find thier current box set not so good (to put mildly), and there is no plan for updating them as far as i know.

Stuffburger
08-12-2010, 16:42
Besides gamplay factors skull pass night goblins are very cheap- for a horde army night goblins are probably the least expensive you can get. They also paint up very quickly- it takes me like 4 times as long to do an orc so even with the huge numbers it doesn't take all that long.

UberBeast
08-12-2010, 20:08
Besides gamplay factors skull pass night goblins are very cheap- for a horde army night goblins are probably the least expensive you can get. They also paint up very quickly- it takes me like 4 times as long to do an orc so even with the huge numbers it doesn't take all that long.

I was just about to point this out.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
08-12-2010, 23:11
I prefer orcs overall, so I use goblins more as bait and general support. Were common goblins on par with night goblins rules-wise and model-wise, I'd be using them instead for fluff purposes.

friendsofrhomb
09-12-2010, 01:17
I need more gobbos, I only have 40 night goblins. points/cash wise orcs are alot cheaper to make an army with

BigbyWolf
09-12-2010, 02:03
I prefer Orcs over Goblins (of any form), if I'm not playing in a tournament I tend to use either an Orc army (with 2-3 units of minimum fast cav) OR a Night Goblin army.

LordZombie
09-12-2010, 08:28
I have an orc and goblin army, but I have never mixed the two. All orc or all goblin for me. I like both, just don't like mixing the two.