PDA

View Full Version : DoC 1000 points - new to fantasy

Nihil
08-12-2010, 12:54
Hey, I'm starting a daemons army and thought it might be a good idea to get some feedback before I start buying models as I have no experience with fantasy

Heroes:
Herald of Slaanesh, Level 1 wizard

Core:
17 Daemonettes, FC
18 Bloodletters, FC, Icon of endless war

Special:
5 Flesh Hounds, Karanak

Rare:
3 Flamers

Wade Wilson
08-12-2010, 13:07
Hi dude. Im fairly new to daemons myself so feel free to totaly disregard my advice. And to be honest, its not even criticism, its just ideas of other things you could do with your army. :-)

I would consider droping karanak and the icon of endless war.
That gives you enough points for a herald of khorne to go with your bloodletters as a second hero. I honestly dont know about the level 1 Hos. I think that the 50 points would be better spent getting a BsB (if you have the HoK) and giving him armour of khorne for extra survivability. in a game of 1000 points every model counts and daemons dont have that many. You really dont want to loose any to instability and a battle standard bearer gives you that extra insurence. Plus, a HoK with a 3+5++ sv is a pretty solid character choice and will help make your unit of letters more deadly.

i know its always good to have ome magic in the army but 50 points ontop of the HoS cost to get the upgrade to a level 1 isnt really worth it at 1000 points.

I think that this comes to just around 1000 points?

Nihil
08-12-2010, 13:54
Thanks for the feedback =D

All very valid points, I am loathe to lose the wizard level, but the BSB will probably be more useful.

New list:

Heroes:
Herald of Slaanesh
Herald of Khorne, BSB, Armour of Khorne

Core:
18 Daemonettes, FC
18 Bloodletters, FC

Special:
5 Flesh Hounds

Rare:
3 Flamers

Total 1002 points

I can drop a Daemonette if needed, still open to suggestions if anyone has any, thx =D

RMacDeezy
08-12-2010, 16:31
yeah the wizard level on the HoS is useless unless you're using a mono-slaanesh list at 2.5-3k with a level 4 KoS that NEEDS to get phantasmagoria. +1 to cast is negligible and the lore of slaanesh is a 50/50 chance of getting a useful spell. its a good start to an army on the whole though.

ROCKY
08-12-2010, 18:25
i would try to find a way to give your herald of slaanesh either many armed monstrosity, etherblade, or siren song. any of these can tip the scale in battle.

rob_appo
09-12-2010, 08:48
Or if you really wanted a caster you could swap the deamonetts for pink horrors