PDA

View Full Version : Thunderwolves....where did he get these plastics?

Spectral Dragon
09-12-2010, 01:24
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380296625562

So, looking at this, I believe this is plastic, anyone know who makes these so I can buy them when I have money? I asked the seller but I also thought it would be wise to share since I know many wolf-fans will want to know.

Edit: update! this is a resin kit made by someone in Russia, the impression I got was that only so many of these were made.

chromedog
09-12-2010, 03:04
Yep, resin models.

It's quite common for resin stuff to be done in grey resin. Many Polyurethane resins are this colour or can be dyed that colour.
It's just coincidence that it looks like GWs chosen dyed styrene for their plastic kits.

RobPro
09-12-2010, 03:05
There's some guy who made a bunch of molds for them, I'm sure you can find it if you google a bit. They can be pricey if you want fancy ones, though.

PKAwolf
09-12-2010, 03:06
IIRC this was from one of the first independent sculptors (out of Russia) who started selling models off of eBay

edited: spelling/grammer

sigur
09-12-2010, 04:03
There's better ones around though. Feel free to have a look at a possible alternative at my Sci Fi Painting log. :) (link in my signature)

Korras
09-12-2010, 10:28
they are called: "Space Thunder, Monstrous Riding Wolf, of Wolves". I kid you not. they were made by a russian sculptor, and afaik, he only did one (largish) batch of them. every now and then some of them pop up for sale somewhere.

I've got 5 of them, and the legs fit perfectly to a Space Marine upper body. they come without bases.

FlyingViking
09-12-2010, 11:04
The one Sigur mentions in his log (post 1250 in there) is from wargamma.com. I have the set of 5, and they are excellent. Well sculpted, well cast, really nice models that come with sm-esque legs to attach a citadel torso to. They're a good price too (I think about 14 each with postage from USA to UK?). And the sculptor is a nice bloke too. My order was delayed, so he threw in a piece of resin scenery for free. Also arrived quickly - 5 days after he posted it.
There's another set of nice ones coming out of the Phillipines, but their postage/delivery is a bit hit-and-miss apparently (4-8 weeks, and not all orders have arrived, by what I've heard), although their prices are also pretty good.

The Song of Spears
09-12-2010, 16:55
just adding a link to flying vikings great post

http://www.mrdandy.com/wargamma-battle-wolves/