PDA

View Full Version : Eidolon (Crone World) information needed.

eldargal
09-12-2010, 14:14
Does anyone still have the old Eye of Terror campaign newsletters? I can't find our set and I want to re-familiarise myself with all the information regarding the Eldar enclave on the Eidolon Crone World. Particularly its status at the end of the campaign, what was recovered from the reclaimed area, who and what was involved in its creation etc.

Idaan
09-12-2010, 16:04
This is from the end report:

The mysterious sector of Eidolon, deep in the heart of the Eye of Terror, is one of the most remote and peculiar of the daemon worlds fought upon during the Thirteenth Crusade. Divided into several continents where a different Chaos power reigns over each, the
battlezones of Eidolon present a panoply of strange and excruciating ways to die. Its shifting landscapes defy all reason, and, although it was once a
beautiful maiden world of the Eldar, it has changed so irrevocably that no real trace of its former glory exists. Nonetheless, the victories won by the forces of Order, notably the Eldar of Biel-tan, have established several enclaves of sanity in the roiling seas of possibility that characterise Eidolon. The Eldar hope that one day these islands can grow and become stable, and that eventually the secrets of Eidolon can be reclaimed.
EIDOLON
WARZONE INITIAL CONTROL OUTCOME STATE
Eidolon 5% 25.1% Unreliable

Eidolon also appears as setting of one chapter in Bloodquest comic, though it's pretty different to the above description, with cities and normal people. Interestingly the Slaanesh part is ruled by a Daemon Prince who might be the first Chaos Eldar to appear in a canon work.

eldargal
10-12-2010, 05:43
Thanks for that.:) I must admit I recall there being more information than that throughout the campaign, and something about the Eldar finding something special in the area they clear of warp energy. Though I'm probably misremembering.:shifty:

Iracundus
10-12-2010, 08:30
You are misremembering. That is virtually the only canonical statement about Eidolon in the entire campaign. GW focused more attention on Belial IV.

eldargal
10-12-2010, 08:48
Ah, did the Eldar find some artefact on Belial IV then? I'm sure they found something at some point, lol.

Iracundus
10-12-2010, 08:50
Belial IV was the setting for the novel Farseer, and the characters did recover an artifact. However there has been no continuation of that story and no mention of that artifact since. The story was set chronologically prior to the 13th Black Crusade.