PDA

View Full Version : Vs High Elves

BRETELF
10-12-2010, 22:47
I got slaughterd by a High Elves player last night at 1550 points in 7th edition. I play VC. Is there anything I can do to better my odds for winning.

The High Elf player kept using that spell that made all my spells raise the difficulty by 3 or whatever it is. So I could only invocate on a 7!

King_Pash
10-12-2010, 23:20
Erm, make sure you dispell it perhaps? What was he running? Because I at HE and i struggle against VCs. Maybe he just knows your army's weaknesses more than you know his? :/

BRETELF
11-12-2010, 23:00
He just out res'd me with the battle banner. I did not take Grave Guard though.

King_Pash
11-12-2010, 23:56
I'm surprised he fielded the Battle Banner. In the current days of Steadfast and the low model count of a typical HE force, BB is rarely optimal. What do you usually field and what do you struggle with in an HE force?

Tregar
12-12-2010, 00:02
1) What does it matter if IoN needs 7+? You should be casting with 2 or 3 dice if it's important.
2) Direct attacks on his characters where you can. A BSB with Battle Banner dies very easily, especially on foot.

BRETELF
12-12-2010, 02:19
I just got overwhelmed in combat somehow (keep in mind this is 7th edition battle) I didnt use all the tricks in the bag i could have, 28 spearmen i struggled with and the lion chariot The asf killed me.

BRETELF
12-12-2010, 02:21
1). A BSB with Battle Banner dies very easily, especially on foot.

He was on horse with 5 dragon princes, i did manage to almost kill all of the dragon princes with my ghouls. But once i got stuck in combat, there was nothing i could have done really.

I tried to take on the spearmen with my Varghulf lol, it didnt work out too well.

King_Pash
12-12-2010, 04:29
I just got overwhelmed in combat somehow (keep in mind this is 7th edition battle) I didnt use all the tricks in the bag i could have, 28 spearmen i struggled with and the lion chariot The asf killed me.

Therein lies your problem. Get started on 8th Ed, you'll find it a different game alltogether!

Thruster
12-12-2010, 17:25
Hmm... I thought in 7th, VC was one of the top 3 armies in Warhammer.

Usually I see VC with Magic Vamps and the item that let u raise with 3+. If you were out-magiced with 7th ed, then you must be doing something wrong.

Also, when asking something like this, it's better to post your list and your opponent's list, so other people will know what is going on and can give you some tips.