PDA

View Full Version : 6000p Warriors of chaos vs. Lizardman

Peregijn
14-12-2010, 13:36
alright, i have a pretty big battle coming up somewhere i the next couple of weeks and this is the first draft of the army list that i am going to use.
i know it doesn't have the best magic defense but i hope to compensated that with the speed that i hope to destroy his skinks.

i know that i am up against lizardman but i don't want a completely tailored list. any advise and tips are welcome.

edit: small mistake in the calculations, now i have 75 points spare, dont know yet where these are going but i am of to work.

1500p lords (max) 1405p
1500p herous (max) 1203p
1500p core (min) 1882p
3000p special (max) 0950p
1500p rare (max) 0485p
totaal: 5925p

Lords:

chaos lord (stegadon hunter, or old blood on carnasour hunter)
chaos Dragon
mark of tzeentch
crown of everlasting conquest
Dragon helm
glaive of putrefacation
shield
totaal: 670p

1+ armor save, 4+ regeneration save, 2+ ward save vs. flaming attacks, 6+ wardsave vs. killing blow

chaos sorcerer lord
+1 lvl
lore of shadows
talisman of preservation
spell familair
third eye of tzeentch
totaal: 355p

4+ armor save, 4+ ward save

chaos sorcerer lord (general)
+1 lvl
lore of heavens
armor of destenie
blood of tzeetch
conjoined homuncules
necrotic phylactery
totaal: 380p

5+ armor save, 4+ ward save

herous:

exalted champion
mark of khorn
juggernout
axe of khorne
charmed shield.
totaal: 225p

1+ armor save, ignore the first hit on a 2+

exalted champion
bsb
mark of Tzeentch
greate weapon
talisman of endurance
stream of corruption
totaal: 203p

4+ armor save, 4+ ward save.

exalted champion
mark of Slaanesh
steed of slaanesh
sword of battle
enchanted shield
blood curdeling roar
totaal: 200p

1+ armor save

exalted champion
mark of slaanesh
steed of slaanesh
chaos rune sword
sporific musk
shield
totaal: 215p

2+ armor save

Trogg, the Troll king 175p

festus the leechlord 185p

Core:

49 Marauders
greate weapons
Mark of khorne
full command.
totaal: 295p
unit goes horde. (10x5)
Festus joins this unit

35 marauders
light armor
shield
mark of Tzeentch
full command.
totaal: 250p

anvil unit (5x7)
bunker for sorcerer lord of shadows.the sorrcer will use the smoke and mirrors atribute form his lore to swap with the bsb if this unit gets in combat.

19 warriors of chaos
shields
full command.
mark of tzeentch
banner of dicipline
totaal: 369p

anvil unit (5x4)
bunvker for sorcerer lord of heavens, with the banner granting a ld9 bubble to the other units.

18 chaos warriors
shields
halberds
mark of khorne
full command.
totaal: 366p

hammer unit. (6x3)

10 marauder horseman
spears
shields
mark of slaanesh
musisian
totaal: 166p

the exalted on the steed of slaanesh and the chaos rune sword is with this unit, goal: engaging skink sermershers as quik as posible, and of course kill them.

5 marouder horseman
javalins
shields
mark of slaanesh
musisian
totaal: 91p

the exalted with blood roar joins this unit. attacking skinks from ranged.

5 chaos trolls
totaal: 225p

hammer unit, counter charging anything the generals chaos warriors are in cc with.
Trogg joins this unit.

5 chaos warhounds 030p

5 chaos warhounds 030p

5 chaos warhounds 030p

5 chaos warhounds 030p

Special:

18 choosen
shields
halberds
mark of tzeentch
full command
champion: gaze of the gods
totaal: 435p

hammer (6x3)
bsb goes in them.

10 chaos knights
mark of nurgle
full command
banner of rage
total: 515p

hammer (6x2)
exalted on juggernaut joins these. their task: missle/magic magnet. and maby kill something, i know verry expensive magnet.

rare:

hell cannon 205p

warshrine
mark of tzeentch
total: 150p

warshrine 130p

Defender of Ulthuan
14-12-2010, 16:53
Unfortunately, your Chaos Lord claims the generalship due to having the highest Leadership.

And I hate to be a downer, but this list doesn't really strike my fancy, if you take my meaning.

Over 2600pts out of 6000 in characters and all you have to show for it is a dragon, two casters, and some over-hyped unit champions (not to mention the dragon and the two casters make only just over half of these points, and don't really scare me at all).

You have 6000 points. Use a ton of those beautiful warriors we have. Or fill the table with a mass of Marauders. Or both. Or Knights. Or Giants. Or everything. just don't waste almost half your points on Characters.

And I just had a great idea. You don't seem to have a problem with special characters, so why not take Kholek? He's cheaper and better than that dragon lord you have, no doubt about it.

pluch87
14-12-2010, 20:04
And if you want to be a big jerk, run Archaon... I would... just for kicks. I mean, how often will you be able to play a game that could represent a portion of Archaon's united horde?

Anyways, as for the list, I agree with Defender. I would drop a few of the hero choices. Fit another hellcannon in the list, Try to beef up the warrior units to 20 a piece, and both marauder units to 50.

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope this helps.

Peregijn
14-12-2010, 22:07
Yes I know there are a lot of points in characters, I just had to many things I wanted to try.

None of them are essential, but for armie fluf reasons the 2 sorcerer lords have to stay.
General von Klinkerhoven is my overall army general and master of shadow’s
Rosaline is my sky mistress (lore of havens user).

I think my opponent isn’t going to complain if I use 1 or 2 hero lvl special chars but for lord lvl’s I need to ask permission or else I wouldn’t feel comfortable about it (we both came from the time that you needed to ask permission to use special chars)

I was planning of taking another hell cannon but I didn’t have the points for it, I actually dropped a disk riding hero to include this one,

More marauders is not an option I don’t have the models, and to be fair, I still have to buy and construct most of the great weapon wielding ones,
I do have an unit of 18 dualwielding warriors and 2 units of knights, a unit dragon ogres, a gaint a deamon prince (I did want to include him to but… maby in a later 10.000p game, a few years later) a chariot some forsaken… spanws.

More than enof to play around. I still need to make a second hell cannon 2 warshrines and like 20 greate weapon marauders and those will be constructed, but likely not painted for the battle. Even if I don’t use them in the battle I want to make them.

But back to list crafting:
Say I kick the dragon lord out (/snik) and one of the slaanesh herous gets a kick between his legs. That opens up about a 1000 points. For fun sake only I am thinking of including a chaos lord with the wizard had. And a chaoslord to than be acting like the general… (with the same protection gear the dragon lord has now I guess) (I like characters okay…)

I will have another draft list up tomorrow evening (London time +1 hour) soo please keep the feedback coming

Peregijn
15-12-2010, 14:59
Alright, due to a mistake school made I was home a lot earlier than expected and I considering the feedback I received on the first list I thought: let’s make a list that is the complete opposite of the previous one. So in the next list I have greatly cut down on chars (and their defense…)

BUT I put everything I own in the list, troops wise. Got a lot of character models doing nothing now…

this list is very scary I think, lots of bodies in there, way to much I think. Most of them will have nothing to do…

So what I am asking from you guy’s: how to balance things out? Little bit more characters but still having enough troops to put a scare in my opponent.
Maby I should lose a lvl 4, take a combat lord. Because with 2d6 casting dice 2 lvl 4’s will not have enough power to both cast more than 1 spell , unless I am lucky with the winds of magic…

I really am not good ad this… way to much choice…
The list is in the next post.

Peregijn
15-12-2010, 15:01

1500p lords (max) 0830p
1500p herous (max) 0149p
1500p core (min) 2038p
3000p special (max) 1946p
1500p rare (max) 1025p
totaal:

Lords:

chaos lord
mark of tzeentch
book of secrets
lore of fire
talisman of endurance
third eye of tzeentch
totaal: 290p

4+ armor save, 4+ ward save.

chaos sorcerer lord (Fluf name: General von klinkerhoven)
+1 lvl
lore of shadows
totaal: 270p

chaos sorcerer lord (Fluf name: Rosaline. the Skymistres)
+1 lvl
lore of heavens

herous:

exalted champion (fluf name: the Imortal Siegfried, the reason for that name is; he dies every battle, and yet alway's shows up in the next one)
bsb
mark of tzeentch
halberd
totaal: 149p

Core:

50 marauders (24 are finished, just bougt another 16, ill be making a big unit filler because i dont have any more monay to spent on
greate weapons warhammer the next 2 months)
mark of khonre
full command
totaal: 300p

35 marauders
light armor
shield
mark of tzeentch
fullcommand
totaal: 250p

19 chaos warriors (there will be a chaos lord general in here)
shields
mark of tzeentch
full command
banner of dicepline
totaal: 369p

18 chaos warriors
halberds
mark of khorne
full command
banner of eternal flame (just for the fun of having it)
totaal: 363p

18 warriors of chaos
additional hand weapon
full command. (yes undivided)
totaal: 318p

5 marauder horseman
flails
musisan
mark of khorn
totaal: 111p

5 marauder horseman
flails
musisan
mark of khorn
totaal: 111p

5 Marauder horseman
spears
shields
javalins
musisian
mark of slaanesh
totaal: 096p

5 warhounds
totaal 030p

5 warhounds
totaal 030p

5 warhounds
totaal 030p

5 warhounds
totaal 030p

Special:

10 knights of chaos (need to construkt 2 more knights)
mark of nurgle
full command
banner of rage
totaal: 515p

5 knights of chaos
mark of tzeentch
full command

5 knights of chaos (needs a little work but not much)
mark of tzeentch
full command

18 chosen
halberds
mark of tzeentch
full command
champion: gaze of the gods
totaal: 417p

3 chaos trolls
totaal: 135p

3 dragon ogres
additional hand weapons
totaal: 219p

chaos chariot 120p

Rare:

chaos gaint 225p

3 spawn of chaos
totaal: 165p

1 spawn of chaos (fluf name: Franklin, just for fun)
mark of slaanesh
totaal: 075p

Hell cannon 205p

Hell cannon 205p (still needs asembeling + lots of converting because its something from 40K)

chaos warshrine (still needs asembeling + lots of converting... because its a stegadon...)
mark of tzeentch
totaal: 150p