PDA

View Full Version : Painting a furniture table - suggest a 40k related graphic!

prowla
16-12-2010, 00:19
I'm thinking about putting my airbrushing skills to a test: I have a cheap old round table sitting in the living room, and I'm bored of the plain white color. It's a big table, though, about 3' in diameter, so this takes some thinking. I could paint a huge smily face on it.. Or, I could paint something a bit cooler (read: more geeky). You gentlemen can now make suggestions!

I would prefer:
-A clean logo/badge/banner style graphic - I'm not good with freehand so no novel cover illustrations :D
-Some blending/shading effects are good, like flames/glow/3D-look.
-Imperium or Chaos related, unless of course you have something really cool Xenos stuff :)
-It can be a bit more complicated, and it can have multiple parts/areas.

DuskRaider
16-12-2010, 00:31
Why not a large Icon of Khorne with skulls piled below it?

LonelyPath
16-12-2010, 00:37
How about the giant iconic I of the Inquisition?

ooglatjama
16-12-2010, 00:41
Circle you say?

http://www.battlefield40k.com/gallery/files/2/1/0/0/TauFlag.jpg

MajorWesJanson
16-12-2010, 00:58
Ork Glyph! Then any scratches and stains will just add to the theme :D

DuskRaider
16-12-2010, 01:06
Ork Glyph! Then any scratches and stains will just add to the theme :D

Ooo, nice idea! I'm a big fan of the Warhammer Online logo made to look like an Ork skull (so much so, I had custom dice made for my Blood Axes). That would look awesome. Chip the paint, add scuffs, gouges, etc. etc... maybe an Axe stuck in it for good measure, and VIOLA! Art.

FullyPainted
16-12-2010, 01:23
Man I have to say that a nice Eldar rune would be great. People may actually mistake it from some over the seas piece of art!

UberBeast
16-12-2010, 01:49
I second the ork glyph. I did my halloween pumpkins as grinning orks skulls this year and it looked pretty cool.

Draconis
16-12-2010, 04:56
Pappa Nurgle! This way you can see disease and filth while eating off it : )

FabricatorGeneralMike
16-12-2010, 04:57
I would go with the Imperial Aquila. I'm thinking of getting it tatted on my back. Below the neck and across the whole back. I think it would look rather spiffy.