PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt themed Vampire Counts... with Zombies!

Biff Gunhed
16-12-2010, 04:02
I've been thinking about starting a Vampire Counts army. Although I understand Zombies aren't necessarily competitive, I like the idea of starting off with only a few of them and masses more being raised.

I've also had an idea of a Vampire army made up from units from across the Old World. Please let me know what you think.

Lords

Arabyan Vampire Count (435)
Once a great Arabyan Sorceror, now a Vampire questing across the old world. I made him a master of Ghouls since the original concept of a ghoul came from Arabian mythology. He'll basically be spamming Invocation or, if I get it, Summon Undead Horde. Walks with the Grave Guard.
Level 3 Wizard + Dark Acolyte = Level 4 Wizard, Master of the Black Arts, Summon Ghouls, Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of Preservation, Black Periapt.

Heroes

Altdorfan Necromancer (105)
Cast out of the Imperial Colleges of Magic, now turned to Necromancy to exact revenge. Raises hordes of Zombies, walks with the Ghouls.
Sceptre de Noirot, Dispel Scroll.

Bretonnian Vampire Count (220)
A fallen Bretonnian hero, he rides with his Blood Knights.
Blood Drinker, Ironcurse Icon, Dread Knight, Walking Death, Battle Standard.

Nipponese Vampire Count (170)
A former assassin from the distant land of Nippon.
Armour of Night, Talisman of the Lycni, Forbidden Lore (Death).

Core

20 Zombies (92)
musician, standard bearer.

20 Zombies (92)
musician, standard bearer.

23 Crypt Ghouls (192)
Crypt Ghast.

24 Crypt Ghouls (200)
Crypt Ghast.

Special

14 Dwarf Grave Guard (212)
Undead Dwarfs. They may be resistant to the curse of Vampirism, but their dead can still be made to rise.
Seneschal, musician, standard bearer, great weapons.

Rare

4 Bretonnian Blood Knights (280)
The loyal knights following the Bretonnian Vampire Hero.
Kastellan, musician, standard bearer, Banner of Hellfire.

Total 1998pts

the eater of pie
16-12-2010, 19:13
nice fluff, really cool idea.

list seems pretty awesome too, maybe blood drinker for the character in the blood knights?

i'm guessing as your lord is kitted out for magic, he will be flying around using death magic. with the unreliable amount of power dice nowadays, 400 points might be a bit of a point sink. and he looks a little vulnerable to cannons etc. i think if he is gonna be flying around, make him killy? being on his own, vulnerable to war machines and the chance of miscasting makes his chances for survival pretty minimal.

i prefer caster lords, but always have them in hiding in a bunker with crown of command. but i guess that doesnt fit the fluff.

cheers,
The Eater Of Pie

Biff Gunhed
16-12-2010, 23:04
Hmm, I suppose you're right about the Lord. He is vulnerable, and once he's dead it's pretty much game over as my Zombies start crumbling real fast.

Do you think my Core is big enough?

EDIT: Edited the list above. I dropped the Varghulf to add an extra Vampire, and changed their roles around a bit. Might be a bit too heavy on Characters now, but I think it will be fun.