PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 High Elf List- Tourny This Sunday!

redarmy27
16-12-2010, 04:46
Hey guys! My buddy and I are going into a fun little tourney this coming Sunday. My buddy will be running pointy-eared gits (High Elves for you HE loving folk) and this is his 2,000 point list that he’ll be running. Any feedback that you could give on the list would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lothern Sea Guard (51#, 662.0 pts)
50 Lothern Sea Guard @ 662.0 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour)
1 Sea Master (Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour)
1 Banner of Arcane Protection

Sword Masters of Hoeth (12#, 255.0 pts)
11 Sword Masters of Hoeth @ 255.0 pts (Always Strikes Last; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Bladelord (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Standard of Balance

Lion Chariot of Chrace (5#, 140.0 pts)
1 Lion Chariot of Chrace @ 140.0 pts (Chariot)
2 Crew (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
2 War Lions (Causes Fear)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (3#, 100.0 pts)
1 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 100.0 pts (Repeater Bolt Thrower)
2 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Mage (1#, 185.0 pts)
1 Mage @ 185.0 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Lifebloom)
1 Silver Wand
1 Loremaster's Cloak
Lore of Life

Mage (1#, 180.0 pts)
1 Mage @ 180.0 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Wildheart)
1 The Seerstaff of Saphery
1 The Amulet of Light
Lore of Beasts

Prince (1#, 238.0 pts)
1 Prince @ 238.0 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Shield)
1 Giant Blade
1 Armour of Caledor

Total Roster Cost: 2000.0

Thanks again for taking the time to review the list. Any and all feedback is appreciated!!

All the best,

Jake

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
16-12-2010, 05:30
Hey guys! My buddy and I are going into a fun little tourney this coming Sunday. My buddy will be running pointy-eared gits (High Elves for you HE loving folk) and this is his 2,000 point list that he’ll be running. Any feedback that you could give on the list would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lothern Sea Guard (51#, 662.0 pts)
50 Lothern Sea Guard @ 662.0 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour)
1 Sea Master (Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear; Light Armour)
1 Banner of Arcane Protection

Sword Masters of Hoeth (12#, 255.0 pts)
11 Sword Masters of Hoeth @ 255.0 pts (Always Strikes Last; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Bladelord (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Standard of Balance

Mage (1#, 185.0 pts)
1 Mage @ 185.0 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Lifebloom)
1 Silver Wand
1 Loremaster's Cloak
Lore of Life

Mage (1#, 180.0 pts)
1 Mage @ 180.0 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Wildheart)
1 The Seerstaff of Saphery
1 The Amulet of Light
Lore of Beasts

Prince (1#, 238.0 pts)
1 Prince @ 238.0 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Shield)
1 Giant Blade
1 Armour of Caledor

Total Roster Cost: 2000.0

Thanks again for taking the time to review the list. Any and all feedback is appreciated!!

All the best,

Jake

A few things:

Prince: can't use a shield with Armor of Caledor. Also why go with a expensive magic weapon when a great weapon would be sufficent.

Mages: I'd consider giving one of those mages (the one with beasts) either High Magic (Utility) or Shadow (for Buffs/Debuffs/horde killing spells) as your friend's list is primarily infantry based. The Lore cloak is nice but remember that it only works on spells that have STR damage. For the same cost the Annulian Crystal would be a better choice IMO for Magic Defense.

LSG unit: I'd break up that horde unit into 2 smaller units maybe one with 30 and the other with 20 but with full commands to meet certain requirements in some scenarios like Blood & Glory. Also this gives you the flexibility to target two separate units with bowfire instead of being force to fire at one unit or use them in tandem charges against a single enemy unit.

Swordmasters: The unit is too small. The minimum size you would like them to be would be at least 14 figures strong for a 7x2 frontage for a possible 22 STR 5 atks or up to 21 models or more if you can manage it for staying power in protracted fights. However while hard hitting it's also one of the most fragile Special choices in the High Elf Army. Consider giving the Bladelord the Ironcurse Icon for some added protection from warmachine fire if possible.

I hope that helps.

bramhaze
16-12-2010, 07:16
Few points, some already mentioned.

First, give the prince a Great Weapon instead of Giant Blade. No need to invest points in that when a Great Weapon on a Prince gives a full 4 attacks at Str6 with ASF and almost always re-rolling missed hits (if your initiative is higher then opponent).

Second, why give the mage a silver wand? You wont have the power dice to cast that many dice, for 5 points more you got Jewel of Dusk which should prove more effective.

Further since it seems like an army with which you want to march forward, LSG will be a waste of points in that case since you can't march and shoot. Personally I would say put a unit of spearman there (50 spearman +full command + banner should be exactly 500 points).

Another point is that there is no BSB in the army, personally I find BSB's great it means you go from not panicking often to hardly panicking at all.

One last point, personally I wouldn't use two chariots but put a unit of Ellyrian Reavers instead of the second chariot to "annoy".

bramhaze
16-12-2010, 09:45
Also why not take Shields on the LSG if you take them? It's your main unit and you don't take the 1 extra armour save?

Carlo
16-12-2010, 21:12
hey :)

i dont want to be a downer but i realy dont feel you got a plan over the army, i understand that you want to be hard to take down in close combat whit those seaguards but you will have a realy hard time to move them around and if the oponent knows how to play you will be flanked in it. as 2 chariots are not going to stop any good player from flanking you. chariots are grate for that extra push but its not often they hold a line. and they cant marsh so they are slow to. the sword masters will be the first thing to go on your list. 225 vp fast and easy. you alsow miss something to protect your rear, those bts can be easy targets if the opponent have the right units. and as its a turny army you shoud think of all posible senarios and how you woud handle them. ofc you can do like me and beat those pesky brids away whit first strike and some good rolls :D but i dont count on it. shilde is not even an option realy you have to take it if you will use the sea guards, they die to fast and are not that cheap. whit some of the new spells you can take a real beating on those big units from HE woudent want to face of against an HE player whit flame of phoeinx. but that is just one of the nasty spells you can get hit whit.

for the magic you have to take stone skinn in my opinion on the mage whit seerstaff, geting 7t on those seaguards will make them scary.

magic weapon on a lord HE you have to have a good argument for that on... i only used that 1 time seens 4th ed i think. and that was a resent list i posted here. geting the lord 8 attacks on 2 lords. giveing me 16 attacks whit a posibilety of s10 and 7t if all spells go well and dont kill my mage.

but in the end its about what you think is fun, and enjoy playing whit. Good luck and kick some ass for all the HE players out there. we got a rep to live up to ;)

Mattyhavok
17-12-2010, 18:26
You do understand that the both the swordmasters and the white lions get always strike first, even though the have great weapons? The speed of Asuryan gives them that bonus, even though they have great weapons.

Carlo
18-12-2010, 23:03
Re: 2,000 High Elf List- Tourny This Sunday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do understand that the both the swordmasters and the white lions get always strike first, even though the have great weapons? The speed of Asuryan gives them that bonus, even though they have great weapons.

im not sure whom your are refering to here. we all have left coment on the SM`s.