PDA

View Full Version : space wolf prior wolf lords and their company marks

Nasha
17-12-2010, 11:47
ok so having traded some of my empire for a fair few of the Wolves of Russ...and having read space wolf and wolfblade cover to cover yesterday whilst in the car to and from the airport....i have decided i wish to do a great company from before all the current ones....now i still wish to use the Blackmane wolf as the company marking but with red as the background colour not yellow (as ragnar uses)...so can anyone shed some light on who i may actually call my Wolf Lord? For him to be one of any of the company lords is ok...but obviously not Berek Thunderfist

he uses a pair of lightning claws (my lord) so if that influences in any way let me know

thanks again guys

kerby

AndrewGPaul
17-12-2010, 11:56
It won't be any of the existing Wolf Lords - obviously, none of those use the Blackmane Wolf as their badge. I don't recall what Berek's badge was, but I don't think it was the Blackmane, so it could be a predecessor to another current Wolf Lord. You'll need to make one up.

Nasha
17-12-2010, 11:58
Yeah i know ive got to make one up but was wondering the sort of time frame that any of the current lords became lords...that gives me a time frame to put my current campaign into

kerby

Crazy Ivan
17-12-2010, 12:05
Svengar the Red? It fits with the colour you want to use, and he has disappeared along with his company somewhere beyond the edge of the galaxy when a night out at the town went horribly wrong... :p

Bolter and Chainsword has a list of "famous characters of the Space Wolves" in this article (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=193)(about halfway the page), it contains a bunch of former "canon" Wolf Lords.

Nasha
17-12-2010, 14:15
thanks mate now looking at that article its pretty good
as for Svengar...im loving the way you put that "after a night out on the town" haha fits the image i have of the wolves to a tee....brutish drunkards with a tendancy to do as they wish...much like my fellow countrymen (im in sweden at the moment haha)

kerby

A Shadow
19-12-2010, 07:01
How I read the Space Wolves background was that each Great Company had a set marking that was passed down through the various Wolf Lords with only minor variation.

Nasha
19-12-2010, 11:42
no only the great wolfs symbol stays the same....each of the lords chooses their own symbol to represent themselves....ragnar got blackmane due to killing one when he was an ascendant....bran edmaw uses the bloodied hunter due to (possibly) having the mark of the wulfen etc etc

kerby

AndrewGPaul
20-12-2010, 07:50
There's a collection of symbols (20 or so?) that a new Wolf Lord gets to choose from, IIRC.

Nasha
20-12-2010, 13:52
any idea where they can be found?
and is there any other fluff on svengar other than BnC?
obviously dont wanna arm him with lightning claws if hes renowned for using a hammer for example...

kerby

shadowhawk2008
21-12-2010, 04:44
Check the Space Wolves Codex.

Nasha
22-12-2010, 10:14
yeah no crap mate...problem being that GW havent sent it yet...nor my blood angel codex or sanguin guard...but hey ho oh well...