PDA

View Full Version : confrontation help?

jigplums
16-03-2006, 22:31
I'm thinking of getting into confrontation and if anyone could give me some help then that would be great. I've played a few games with borrowed mini's but am still non the wiser as to what i want to collect.

Definately not Orc, goblin, Dwarves or evil dwarves? I'm thinking i'd probably like and evil is army? but i don't wanna collect something that sucks gamewise[i know some stuff has suffered from the new rules]

Any help appreciated thanks

Ifurita
16-03-2006, 23:15
I'm thinking of Wolfen or Devourers. The model count is small (small enough to get into quickly) and I like the figures a lot. I'm in the same boat though, any suggestions are welcome.

Here's a good discussion thread that is related to Devourers/Wolfen

http://www.endgameoakland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1201

Keravin
16-03-2006, 23:15
Devourers and Dirz are fun.

Pretty much the way most people get into Confrontation is going for what figures take their fancy.

jigplums
17-03-2006, 08:18
I like the look of dirz and devourers, plus some lizard guys looked kinda cool too[ophidians?] what sort of playstyle/strengths and weaknesses do these guys have?

Keravin
17-03-2006, 08:47
Devourers have a lack of numbers.

Ophidians have a lack of figures as they are the newest army.

Dirz are pretty malleable.

Evilmerlin
17-03-2006, 09:47
The strength of the Devourers lie in their Defensive ability. They tend to have a higher defence and resilence stat than their Wolfen equivalent.

jigplums
17-03-2006, 14:37
Thanks everyone.

I think i'm going to use dirz as my primary force, are there any must have models for the force and any that i should avoid?

sprue
17-03-2006, 15:12
For Dirz it's pretty easy. Here are some great troops:

keratis warrior box set. comes with an awesome character and two different profiles for the keratis warriors

dasyatis clones- big monsters that everyone fears

clone box set- to bolster your numbers. They have modular profiles so they get stat bonus depending on how you arm them

skorize warriors- they can scout and fight even after being killed.

lab card pack- have some good new profiles and different ways to play the dirz army to keep boredom from setting in.

there are other good ones too: archers, centuras clones, tigers, dawn warriors etc. but the above mentioned ones are what people like and use the most.

ps. the ophidians may be new but they are insanely powerfull and very easy for a beginner to pick up and have fun with.

Neywon Darkson
26-03-2006, 09:02
I went with Dirz for my main army. Choose Drune Kelts and the Dwarves of Mid-Nor for small forces for "fun" games. The store I play at has a large growing following of the game and tournament on a regular basis.

Mazorzarch
01-04-2006, 16:45
Dirz is a good army, my brother plays them, whilst IO play a mix of Griffins and the good elfs Cynwalls. The griffins fit me well, because the basic foot soldier has a high resliliance, great for fighting against my 2 most common enemies, Dirz, and Devouerors.
What Id do if I was you, is wait a little bit before buying too many modles, and see what comes out for the Ophidians, they look like a race that will kick ass later on.

But if your really going for Dirz, heres my suggestions for some models to get.
Dasyatis, CENTURUS clones (probly the best for the price, more models than of dasyatis), Belasaurius , Kheratis warriors, Crossbowmen (theyve seemed to do well, esp with a mutagenic die put into aim), skorize, sentinals, a Neuromancer is also good to boost troops and give benefits, ... et al.
Heres the link to the online store, a good spot to look at models http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_familles.cfm?num=4&code_lg=lg_us

and if you want to look at and compare cards (stats) of the models, go here http://confrontation.voidgamers.com/channel/dirz
ok, hope that helps.

Wraithbored
01-04-2006, 17:44
I have Alahan, Wolfen, Dirz and some elementals and various minis, but I must say if I had the army and painting skills I'd buy every army out there!

jigplums
02-04-2006, 10:13
thanks guys

Rabid Bunny 666
02-04-2006, 12:42
get the starter set, you get Dirz and Wolfen

www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk, good place for it

Corlock Striker
19-04-2006, 00:32
I'm thinking of buying myself a Cynwalls force (What can I say, I'm just a elf sort of guy). I'm guessing I need the 3rd Edition Rule Book. What other supplements will I need? What card packs should I buy? What miniatures are a good starting point for Cynwalls?

generulpoleaxe
19-04-2006, 18:44
the rule book is essential (pretty obvious realy) but the other packs aren't needed.
they are just a nice little extra for the different armies. you won't get your **** handed to you either just because you don't have the latest addition available to you force, be it an expansion pack or miniature.

as far as miniatures go, get a couple of the ones you like and go from there.
i recomend checking rackham's site and finding out if they have an equivalent of the ukord in america. (it gives a nice little discount from rackham and certain indies)

Evilmerlin
20-04-2006, 14:36
Yes they do, its called NACORD. I'm not sure what the link to their website is but they are alot of NACORD people on the English Forums. So you could check there.

thunderwolf
23-04-2006, 20:19
Hey, I've been looking at confrontation miniatures for a while now- for roleplaying as much as anything else- and was wondering if someone could give me an idea of the scale- would they, for instance, fit in with GW or Hasslefree models?

generulpoleaxe
27-04-2006, 23:49
roughly same scale as gw 30-32mm.

some of hassle free's stuff will fit.

reapers lupine should fit in as well.