PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld MkIVc Predator?

PowerfulFawn
18-12-2010, 11:00
So I've been wondering for a while now.. just what is the difference between the forgeworld mkIVc pred and the usual plastic pred, fluff and looks wise?

From what I can see it just seems to have a sleeker turret design. Perhaps it is meant to be a newer version of the tank.

RCgothic
18-12-2010, 11:14
I can't spot any differences except the turret either.

Azhrarn
18-12-2010, 11:48
So I've been wondering for a while now.. just what is the difference between the forgeworld mkIVc pred and the usual plastic pred, fluff and looks wise?

From what I can see it just seems to have a sleeker turret design. Perhaps it is meant to be a newer version of the tank.

The turret is the most obvious difference, another are the las sponsons.
They're significantly larger than the ones on a normal predator.
To be precise, they're identical in size to landraider sponson lascannons, rather than the smaller size normally used for predators.

Also, the tank works really well with a Rhino reinforced armour kit, the turret already looks heavily armoured.

Nomrana Est
18-12-2010, 12:33
There aren't really many differences between the standard Pred and he Mk.IV. The turret is certainly different, as are the sponsons, being a different shape and slightly larger than the ones on the standard. In all honesty though, it's my favourite style of the Predator, and does look pretty good on the battlefield.

PowerfulFawn
18-12-2010, 12:50
Thanks. I hadn't noticed the sponson size difference.

I was thinking of using a rhino reinforced armour package on the model so I'm glad somebody has tried that and knows it works well.

Archangel_Ruined
18-12-2010, 22:31
I think, although I may be out on this, that the FW version was made after the new rhino but before the new predator. That's why it's a bit different to the plastic and why it uses weapons the same size as the already existing land raider.

Leftenant Gashrog
18-12-2010, 23:57
I'm pretty certain it did come out after the plastic predator - hence why its labelled a MkIV (I'm guessing: MkI = RT plastic, MkII = 2e metal turret, MkIII = 3rd edition plastic). I think it was just a result of one of the FW guys - who are mostly all treadheads - tweaking the design.

Archangel_Ruined
19-12-2010, 00:31
I think the MkIII is the razorback, the MkIV the predator and so on. It's how they were listed in some stores. (A quick google still shows it in the warstore)

Havock
19-12-2010, 01:59
The turret does not boast such a ridiculous shape :p