PDA

View Full Version : 1k WoC List (vs LZ)

Mr.Rath
20-12-2010, 18:07
Hey all!

I'm up against my LZ partner for the first time so I've created a list but i feel it is tiny compared to his many tough regiments, can it really compete? Any tips or recommendations are welcome !

1000 pt:
306 60 366 Chaos Warriors GW full com MoK 18
120 20 140 Marauders (GW) full com 20
200 200 Chaos Knights 5
105 105 scyla 1
185 185 Festus 1 (with warriors)

total: 996

i really like the warrior core unit and wonder if it would be worth it just to take more warriors instead of those squishy marauders?

Mr.Rath
21-12-2010, 10:51
I've also worked out another list with another play style:

1000 WoC

Total 1012

Core 647
40 Marauders
17 Warriors MoT full com blasted standard
5 Marauder horsemen
10 Chaos Warhounds

Heroes 160
Chaos Sorc lvl2 MoT + fury of the blood god

Rare 205
Hellcannon

it's 12 points over but i'll work on that what's your thought? remember it's against those horrible LZ :)

Dunwich
21-12-2010, 11:07
The great weapons in your first list seem like a bad choice against lizardmen who you would normally be striking first against. With Festus in the unit too, granting poison, additional hand weapons or halberds seem like a much better choice for the warriors.
The Knights could also use a musician and standard and possibly a mark or banner. Upto you if you want to sacrifice the points from somewhere else.

What weapons are your units armed with in the 2nd list?

Mr.Rath
21-12-2010, 11:53
I don't have the rulebook around but what is the major difference between halberds and great weapons?

In the second list the warriors are equipped with halberds and the marauders doesn't have anything. but against his standard units and kroxigars (which he likes using) would it then be better with 2 hw's?

Another thing: what do you recommend against those annoying blowpipe skinks?

ROCKY
21-12-2010, 12:41
I don't have the rulebook around but what is the major difference between halberds and great weapons?

In the second list the warriors are equipped with halberds and the marauders doesn't have anything. but against his standard units and kroxigars (which he likes using) would it then be better with 2 hw's?

Another thing: what do you recommend against those annoying blowpipe skinks?

first off gws go last and add +2 to your strength, halberds give +1 strength but u hit in initiative order (so on warriors are awesome). marauders should always have either shield and light armor if they are tzeentch (to hold people up) or GWs. they are dirt cheap, so always take loads like 40-50 (they are only 5 points WITH GWS) so yeah just through that at the saurous and kroxigor and watch them disappear. also chaos magic is powerful, so dont take festus. take a tzeentch wizard to help with the casting and for the ward save. lastly as i mentioned in your post (which u double posted in the tactics section) ditch the knights.

blackstork
22-12-2010, 09:59
Throw away Scyla and give your Knights FC and maybe mark or magic banner.

immortal git
22-12-2010, 11:09
wouldnt bother with the champion in your knights, halberds are better on warriors, way better. marauders with great weps are awesome. i love festus and dont leave home without him.

Mr.Rath
22-12-2010, 17:40
Thanks for all the posts.. i think I will go with the second list and see how it works out with the Tzeentch GW marauders.

On another note do you have any recommendation when the army gets notched up to 1500pt? I've tried playing DE against his LZ army and that Slaan is a real pain.. should i just go for the ward save in Tzeencth and try to kill his TG regiment with my warriors?

Caitsidhe
22-12-2010, 17:43
Take Halberds and the Razor Banner. Leave GW at home.

Mr.Rath
22-12-2010, 17:47
Take Halberds and the Razor Banner. Leave GW at home.

Where is this razor banner described?

ROCKY
22-12-2010, 18:09
Where is this razor banner described?

in the Eigth Edition Rule Book

Emu
24-12-2010, 07:37
Going against Lizardmen, I recommend not giving any unit GWs. Their initiative is too low to even bother. If anything on Marauders, you can take Light armour with flails or shield, depending on what you want.

Also, having a sorceress would be a good idea. Maybe stack him with a group of 14 warriors or so. Get rid of fury of the blood gods on the sorcerer and make him level 2 with talisman of endurance, spell familiar, and charmed shield. Should do the trick.

Good luck and have fun.