PDA

View Full Version : Is a lord on dragon immune to killing blow?

Da Crusha
21-12-2010, 08:58
some one suggested to me that characters on monsters are immune to killing blow and so I had to check it out.

in the killing blow section pg 72, it says killing blow is only effective against infantry, cavalry and warbeasts.

in the ridden monsters subsection pg 105, it says the model doesn't use the rules for cavalry or monstrous cavalry. the models is treated as having the troop type monster and follows all the rules for characters and monsters.

so ...Are Characters riding monsters immune to killing blow?

Darkspear
21-12-2010, 09:10
Characters are not immune to killing blow. It is quite clear once you read in the right context and use the right grammar.

Da Crusha
21-12-2010, 09:16
actually I dont think it is that clear but I have just found the answer in Frequently asked questions..
Q: Does Killing Blow work against a mounted character regardless
of what he is mounted on? (p72)
A: Yes, as long as the character would count as an infantry
model if it wasn’t mounted.

Tregar
21-12-2010, 11:38
It definitely wasn't clear until that FAQ, no. In fact I would have said certainly not before the FAQ!

antihelten
22-12-2010, 00:36
It definitely wasn't clear until that FAQ, no. In fact I would have said certainly not before the FAQ!

Actually I'd say it was in fact quite clear before the FAQ, but the FAQ ruled in the completely opposite direction.

Not that I mind, it didn't make much sense that you suddenly couldn't chop off a guys head, just because he decided to ride a dragon.

Torpedo Vegas
22-12-2010, 01:14
EDIT: nevermind, if its FAQ'd, then he isn't immune to killing blow, but the dragon is.

Noght
22-12-2010, 02:17
Lord can be struck with Killing Blow.
Dragon can be struck with Heroic Killing Blow.

Correct?

Noght

Torpedo Vegas
22-12-2010, 03:22
I think thats the jist of it, yes.

a18no
22-12-2010, 12:51
Lord can be struck with Killing Blow.
Dragon AND lord can be struck with Heroic Killing Blow.

Correct?

Noght

Just o be sure that you've got it right!! :p

Happy Christmas!