PDA

View Full Version : The best orc's and goblins leader

tezza21
22-12-2010, 07:47
hey guys i have just been looking at the hero's and caracters and i got thinking who is the best to use in the majority of games ? imo i love the look of the guy on the wyvern :)

BigbyWolf
22-12-2010, 09:07
I also enjoy using Warbosses on Wyverns, but only in games where I can have another model as a general.

OnG really need the leadership boost a general gives them, and flying him off on a monster means that a good portion of your army loses his Ld. Also take into account that he makes a very nice target for warmachines.

Leogun_91
22-12-2010, 09:56
Do you mean Azhag the slaughterer or just a normal warboss on wyvern?

Personally I prefer to just have a normal orc warboss on foot unless I play with Grom for the cool factor. Occasionally I even let an orc great shaman be the general but it's not too effective (though he greatly boosts goblin Ld).

Ratbeast
22-12-2010, 10:33
Black orcs on foot is the way to go, so they cant get shot, when sitting in a unit of boyz, with a bsb close by

Morkash
22-12-2010, 15:05
Black Orc Warboss with Heavy Armour, Shield, Ulad Akrit Axe, Crown of Command, Warboss Umm's Best Boss 'At and Dragonhelm.
Comes in for reasonable 254 points and can give a good ld while giving stubborn as well. with a BSB nearby, he will hold the line together, while he can still crack some heads in CC. If you do not need Stubborn (Steadfast or believe in your own superiory), give him the Other Trickster's Shard and the Talisman of Preservation (if the latter is not on your BSB, where it should be)...
I like Wyvern Bosses myself, but even with the increased leadership range, he's quite far off usually, so he's not a good general. In bigger games you can use both a boss on foot, and one on wyvern, but I tend to include a Great Shaman then, for the Waaagh! spell.

BigbyWolf
22-12-2010, 15:19
Aaah, makes me hark back to the days of 6th Edition, the little lists at the back of the army books that gave you suggestions for themed armies (only useable with permission, of course)...the Troll Country Waaagh list allowed you to take Big Bosses on Wyverns...

Back on topic though- If you're playing 2k and are desperate to squeeze a Wyvern in there, you can just about do it and have a normal Orc Warboss as well, you just wont really be able to kit 'em out much.

tezza21
22-12-2010, 15:40
yeah azhag the slaughter thats the guy he looks stunnning but i alsoo love the black orcs they look ard as nailz

KevinC
22-12-2010, 16:59
Grom the Paunch is the BEST CHOICE!!

tezza21
22-12-2010, 17:00
Oh the fat goblin he looks more like my dad lol how does he play ?

FLUEVOG
23-12-2010, 21:50
Morkash - your guy has three hats!

gorbad ironclaw"
24-12-2010, 16:24

lol thats really observant of you i didnt notice that

ftayl5
26-12-2010, 07:57

An interesting modelling challenge.

For a leader, (excluding special characters) a Black Orc Warboss is always going to be your best bet unless your army is themed. Gives leadership 9, prevents squabbling in his unit and can have a better save than anything else in the army.

Ofcourse for other characters that won't be your general you could have:

Night Goblin Warboss @ 120pts
Wollopas one hit wunda, tricksy trinket and the amulet of protectyness.

He's basically the most efficient way to dispatch of a dwarf lord or thane. With higher initiative than them, striking at strength 10, negating ward saves and re-rolling misses he's almost guaranteed to kill it, unless you get very unlucky. This works best on dwarfs but is also great for any heavily armoured tough characters. I use this combination in almost every game I play and he's managed to take down targets way over twice his points value. My favourite was when he killed a chaos BSB on a juggernaut with the dawnstone (re-rollable 1+). Yeh, have fun re-rolling that 8+ save...

Stuffburger
01-01-2011, 02:03
Night Goblin Warboss @ 120pts
Wollopas one hit wunda, tricksy trinket and the amulet of protectyness.

How does he re-roll misses?

Col. Dash
01-01-2011, 15:35
Only against Dwarves, Hatred.

Harwammer
03-01-2011, 23:00
Yep, n gobbos hate dwarfs. For other rerolls use bash em lads or waaagh.

Malorian
04-01-2011, 14:30
hey guys i have just been looking at the hero's and caracters and i got thinking who is the best to use in the majority of games ? imo i love the look of the guy on the wyvern :)

Well you want a high leadership value, so you want it to be an orc.

Anything past this depends heavily on the army, but I would strongly discourage you from putting your general on a wyvern.

My favorites is either a plain one that sits safely back in the bunker (maybe with the wizard hat for fun), or a combat evasive one in the front (savage with two -1 to hit items, extra hand weapon, and killing blow).