PDA

View Full Version : Ogres or Brettonians

Torpedo Vegas
23-12-2010, 04:27
I'm getting kind of tired of painting hordes and hordes of pseudo-German men in tights, so I'm switching my attention to one of my other armies, either Brettonians or Ogres. Both armies are mainly unpainted, and half of my Brettonians aren't even assembled, but that is besides the point.

I ask you, the people of WarSeer, which army should I start in earnest?

Winterfell
23-12-2010, 05:01
Ogres look cool and are underestimated by other players.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
23-12-2010, 05:53
Ogres. There's not much that's more visually impressive than a horde of bulls supported by units of ironguts and leadbelchers.

tezdal
23-12-2010, 07:12
Bretonnians, the Lady looks far better in her swimming pool then some lost and confused Sarlaac

Botjer
23-12-2010, 09:02
Bretonnians i'd say, they are just soo much more fluffier and fun.

Ney
23-12-2010, 10:05
Ogres, they eat horses as snacks! Brettonians are shined up peasants.

And two fine quotes about ladies in lakes:

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

arthurfallz
23-12-2010, 11:46
Rent or buy Excalibur. Then go buy Bretonnians. `Nuff said.

Hjiryon
23-12-2010, 12:55
Do you like the idea of the knightly charge? That's what bretonnians are about (sure, the stupid rock-lobber might win you the game, but in the land of chivalry, who cares about the peasants?).

Anyway, the focus on the knightly aspect of the army is what gives the bretonnians their special feel and makes them different from the empire - this is all assuming you're not supporting the stahlist-communist revolutionary movement that, I am sure, Awilla the Hun will be happy to tell you about.

But the best part of a bretonnina army has to be the alternate models you can dig up and use for the knights - some of them are downright awesome - most obviously among those I've seen those from gamezone miniatures.

The theme for a bretonnian army should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9adW5No9IM - Because nothing else is epic enough. ;)

Razhbad
23-12-2010, 15:58
Not really a fan of Ogres

Rockgut
23-12-2010, 16:31
Not really a fan of Ogres

And Ogres are not really a fan of you... unless you are fat and juicy..

Urgat
23-12-2010, 16:51
Depends if you want to paint tidy, complicated patterns, or big blobs of dirt. It also depends if you're patient or not, and it finally depends on weither you want the painting to be frustrating or a happy sandpark time :p

Mid'ean
23-12-2010, 17:21
I would go for ogres. I just started them myself cause I wanted an army that played differently than what I have and I didn't want to have to paint a million RnF troops to put one together. And I really like the Rhinox models and hope to see them in the next book....:shifty:

Prince Sairion
23-12-2010, 19:43
I recommend visiting the fantasy project logs, there's a few logs in there for ogres and bretonnians, Tancrede's log for the brets is awesome, the ogre ones are mostly just getting started, should help you with inspiration!

Jind_Singh
23-12-2010, 20:32
I went for Ogres - just because you've done the Human army, you can always use the Ogres in friendly games as Dogs of War, they are quick and easy to paint up, and their play style is wildly different to Empire!

Plus you have awesome Maneater models - why would you not want to!

Ludaman
25-12-2010, 00:12
The theme for a bretonnian army should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9adW5No9IM - Because nothing else is epic enough. ;)

I begin every game with my Brets by playing "lady" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fPQC4eRJuk by styx. Nothing says making the prayer like 80's rock. Go brets if you're a really good painter and enjoy freehand. Go ogres if you really like painting big blocks of flesh...

Grimstonefire
27-12-2010, 15:28
If you already have a load of Empire painted it's clear you have an interest in painting, both generally but also in terms of detail.

So I went with Brets as they seem closer in detail to Empire compared to the large plain areas on the ogres.