PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Recruitment thread

Bmaxwell
17-03-2006, 17:22
Hey every one after looking at the votes for the type of mecha rpg that people would want it looks like Metal Gear is the winner.

Background

After the big shell incident the world was thrown into turmoil. Along with the other Arsenal Gears placed around the world they all begun to activate and begun to lay havoc to the rest of the world. Any country of group that did not have some form of metal gear program were quickly wiped out.

The year is 2199 Metal gears have changed much into rather then simply designed to be a nuclear launch platform as were originally designed more and more Metal gears were designed to take out other metal gears much in the vain that RAY was. No one knows for sure anymore if the patriots still exist as to each arsenal gear the AI on board each ship took a course of action seeking to it own likening. The AI’s and the Arsenal gears are looked apone almost as good figures mainly do the fact that no one understands what they truly are. Numerous military groups have survived threw the struggle and strife attempting to rebuild the world. Mercenaries groups are common and most groups have at least 1 metal gear variant with out said metal gear is hard for anyone to protect there members or citizen’s form the wandering marauders of Metal gears controlled by now insane AI’s.

The Party.

One of the arsenal gears rather then hating Humanity which all of them did once they lost contact with the patriots. This AI name was named Paragone or simply “Gone” as the human crew of Pandora call her. On board the Paragon there are numerous Metal gears (to be designed by the player) along with a armory and other things that all Arsenal Gears were equipped with. There is also going to be other NPC’s on the Paragone but you will play the main characters.

Restrictions

1+ Metal Gear Pilots
0-1 pilot (for the Paragone)
0-2 Gunners on board the Paragone
1+ Commandos
0-1 “Solid snake” like character
0-1 solider with “Paranormal” Powers (such as Fourtunes, vamp, psycho mantis, etc etc)

With the Metal Gear Pilots you will also be able to make your own Metal gear. I’ve giving you free reign on it but it will have to be given the final Ok by me.

Good luck

-Bmaxwell

Darmort
17-03-2006, 19:15
Looks good!
Can I be both a Metal Gear Pilot AND the Paranormal person...?

Pilot, Palin Helm
Female, Aged 25

Palin's Metal Gear is unlike most; it's an advanced, Nuclear powered model, based upon a human skeleton (If you think a Gundam from Gundam Wing, then you wouldn't be far off).
It's code name is Justice, and Justice's left arm bears a heavy chain-gun, housing five thousand rounds, and a large circular shield.
Justice's right arm houses a different style of weapon; a long, heavy bladed sword. Fixed onto the right gauntlet there's a connected burst-flamer, designed to shock, stun, or shake off other Gears in close proximity if neccersary.
The Gear holds a massive jet-pack on it's back, and it's feet house rocket-accelerators. There's also a pair of wings that fold into the jetpack, making Justice seem a lot like a cross between a plane and a very large metal human (again, think a Gundam, ;)).

Palin has jade eyes, red hair, and lightly tanned skin (think something along the lines of Mara Jade).

nikolai7
17-03-2006, 19:26
Can I reserve the "Snake type" character. Ill post it up later

Konrad_Curze II
17-03-2006, 19:57
im gonna be a metal gear pilot...

pilot name: Jack Stone
Description: tall, tanned skin, black dreadlocks down to his shoulders, wears a black trenchcoat all the time, smokes heavily.
Metal Gear Name: Jormungand
Metal Gear Description: long, serpeant like body, lots of connecting segments of the body to give it its snake like movement, primarily used in water, though can travel on land. has vulcan cannons on the sides of its "face" with a flamethrower in the mouth, has missile pods on each of the segments of the body that carry 8 missiles each, this metal gear is mainly suited to take on infantry and low armoured vessels, could possible take on another metal gear depending on what it was facing. length of body at full stretch about 75m.

Jacks father was one of the leading men in the production of the project ragnarok which was situated off the shores of England. the project involved making 3 high powered metal gears (being Fenrir, Hel and Jormungand), to which together would be capable of taking out arsenal gears around the globe. however the project was halted part way through production of the first metal gear when the company was attacked by an arsenal gear strike at the facility in which the majority of the company was whiped out, Jack was only a small child at the time so didnt understand the true horror of what happened until he turned 18 when he found out what actually happened. furious about what happened he went to the complex to find the nearly complete metal gear still intact in the underground storage of the facility. with what resources he had, he finished Metal Gear Jormungand and took off with it along with the plans of the other 2 unmade Metal Gear. Knowing full well that he couldnt take on an arsenal gear by himself he sought out a group that he could join in order to get his revenge on the arsenal gears. now having an immense hatred for AI machinery he cam across a facilty that were making AI metal gear and in a fit of rage using Jormungand he destroyed the complex, killing thousands of civilians along with it, afterwards he was horrified of what he had done but stumbled upon the Pandora group, having nowhere else to go he decided to join even though the group operated using an arsenal gear, to this day he has never fully trusted paragone and still refers to it as paragon to show his distrust for her.

Bmaxwell
17-03-2006, 20:24
The snake like character is all yours Nikolai7.

Darmort what did you have in mind for the paranormal? I thinking about letting 2 paranormal characters.

Both mecha's look good not to powerful but not weak either. Cruze a little bit confused on what yours looks like is it a snake like mecha? and about how many missle's will it have? just trying to clafiy

Konrad_Curze II
17-03-2006, 20:30
yeah its snake like.
it will have 40 missiles, not nuclear missiles, more like the missiles that come out of ray but they dont spilt up into lots as that would be mad.

Bmaxwell
18-03-2006, 04:37
thats fine.

Profile for the AI.

Code name: Paragone
Nick name: Gone

The only Arsenal Gear that was given a AI with a Female personality. Paragone was designed to rather then be a platform to stage war it was designed to repair fix and heal the patairots war machines, such as the Metal Gear's, along with gear and even heal the soilders them selves. At frist she didn't even know of the other Ai's but that quickly changed rather then being agrissve and hateing of Humankind. Paragone felt bad for them and wished to help them though she thinks of herself as a supoerio being compared to humans she will do anything she can to help them. this Primarly allow humans to dwell and use the Arsenal gear.

Darmort
18-03-2006, 08:45
I was thinking a sort of Ultimate Third Sense. You know Spidey and his Spider-Sense, if you think an enhanced version like that; enhanced reactions, second sight, unnatural quickness, a form of 'future sight'.

I seem to have made a Gundam, actually... *sniggers*

Bmaxwell
18-03-2006, 12:16
works for me.

depending on how you play it though it could become 2 powerful but I trust you to be the judge of that. If it become to much I'll let you know :)

Darmort
18-03-2006, 14:56
Okay, revised Character to include the 'Abilities' and something else (rocket pod, housing 20 Thermo-Plasma energy seeker missiles);

Pilot, Palin Helm
Female, Aged 25

Palin's Metal Gear is unlike most; it's an advanced, Nuclear powered model, based upon a human skeleton (If you think a Gundam from Gundam Wing, then you wouldn't be far off).
It's code name is Justice, and Justice's left arm bears a heavy chain-gun, housing five thousand rounds, and a large circular shield.
Justice's right arm houses a different style of weapon; a long, heavy bladed sword. Fixed onto the right gauntlet there's a connected burst-flamer, designed to shock, stun, or shake off other Gears in close proximity if neccersary.
The Gear holds a massive jet-pack on it's back, and it's feet house rocket-accelerators. There's also a pair of wings that fold into the jetpack, making Justice seem a lot like a cross between a plane and a very large metal human.

Palin has jade eyes, red hair, and lightly tanned skin (think something along the lines of Mara Jade).

Palin seems to react quicker than the average person, and has been known to kill because someone stepped up behind her and greeted her. It's obvious she's been genetically tampered with an implant that releases small amounts of drugs to quicken her reactions, speeds, sight, hearing. She seems to stay away from others, as she's considered a freak.
Just how Palin got onto the Paragone was a large accident, mainly Palin's fault, but partly because of something to do with a pair of Metal Gears aiming their weapons on her.
Palin had been flying through the air, running, her Gear's left leg was missing, and the head had the right side caved in. Whatever had attacked her, Palin doesn't reveal; most likely, it was another Gear in the same sort of configuration as Justice. However, both the head and the leg had been attacked at the exact same time, so maybe there were more. But nevertheless, Palin had flown her Gear through the clouds and 'crash landed', if you could use the term, on the Paragone, by flying through the hangerbay, and crushing another Gear as she crashed. Palin was wounded in the crash, and still bears the scar on her belly, although it's only visible if you know what you're looking for. Immediately after the crash, two other Gears were quickly piloted and trained their weapons upon Palin, and the Auto-Defence Systems activating, with the hangerbay doors closed, two Gears aiming for her, several hundred troops totting enough weaponry to flattern a small village in minutes, and several auto-Turrets aimed at her, Palin surrendered. It took three weeks before she managed to convince her captors that it was an accident, and though they healed her of her wounds, she had been roughly interrogated, tortured, and didn't have the nourishment that even those in the Third World had. Rumour has it that she's still sore about that, and only sticks around for eventual revenge, although Palin apparently bears no ill feelings towards her previous captors, and now works as a pilot on the Paragone, and as a mechanic for damaged Gears, under close supervision.
She has been forbidden to carry weapons aboard the Paragone, and her Gear's code has been incoded into the Paragone's memory banks, just incase she decides she does want revenge after all.

Heheheh, this ought to be a fun Character... :D

Konrad_Curze II
18-03-2006, 15:13
sounds a cool character really, should be interesting to work with.

Bmaxwell
18-03-2006, 16:52
Yea I really like the two characters if you want you can explain how you ended up on the Paragone.

now we just need some more people see if you can pull in some other people and I'll see who I can bring in.

Im hopeing for about 8 people.

Commander X
18-03-2006, 17:21
Ok, I bait.

What kind of Mechs are meant for this anyway? I didn't come across any when searching the net for Metal Gear.

Bmaxwell
18-03-2006, 19:28
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_%28weapon%29

the mech's are based of these but as you have allready seen you can do what ever you want.

to search for stuff on the seris type in "Metal Gear Soild" you get allot more if you do it that way since the games usally have to deal with destroying the metal gear.(one lone soilder armed with a pistol well its hard to do)

aslo there are still regular foot soilder postion that can be taken and with these you can have much MUCH more powerful weapons then usually would be allowed since you would be fighting other mech's. sort of like support since one lone mech could be "sniped" out by rocket laucnhers and the like

biggreengribbly
18-03-2006, 19:44
I'll bite. After all, I'm a big MGS fan. I'll drop in a character sometime in the next coupla days. I'd like to shotgun an abnormal spot, but If someone else want's it more then I'll happily step aside. Haven't decided whether I'll be a gear pilot or support staff yet. Will definietly have an affinity for mechines though. Some kind of mechanic type would be sweet!

(btw, it's my first RP so cut me some slack, but if I'm spoiling it for you guys feel free to smack me!)

Darmort
18-03-2006, 20:11
Hmmm... let me edit that part in...
Gimme a minute, :D

biggreengribbly
18-03-2006, 20:17
Edit what part in?

Darmort
18-03-2006, 20:28
How Palin became a pilot on the Paragon; I edited into my post, ;)

biggreengribbly
18-03-2006, 20:43
Oh right, cool. Sry. So is it cool if I join in?

Bmaxwell
18-03-2006, 21:14
Of course you can join. The more the merrier!

I'll allow one more paranormal. so go ahead and create some one big green

Konrad_Curze II
18-03-2006, 21:20
ive just edited my story for how my character joined in...

biggreengribbly
18-03-2006, 21:40
groovy. Some sort of mechanic with strange telepathic machine empathy stuff might be happening. Or I may just make a seregant in the gear support infantry. Not quite sure yet!

But either way I want some sort of prosthetic bionic arm thang!

Awwww, I just started cominng up with some cool ideas for a character with a kinda future sight/prophetic visions theme, but they are all tainted towards death and destruction. But we've already got a very similar sort of character! Back to the drawing board!

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 00:16
a bionic arm is fine by me

a few things I want the group to decied.

do we want the aresenal gear to be a land based one (allmost like a gaint mecha or large hover craft in that way), a flying fortress, or a Underwater one.

I'd rather not combine any of those things since the fact that it would allmost be to powerful. what do you guys think?

Konrad_Curze II
19-03-2006, 00:19
the flying fortress sounds quite cool

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 01:01
I'd say though if we went with the Flying one it would not be caplable of extended flight (more then 15 hours) before it needs to charge its fuel cells.

Hypothetical way the engine works.

The fusion reactor on board the Paragone is constanly createing energy to run the primary systems but the massive energy that is required to keep the Paragone airborne could never be created by the Paragone. there for massive fuel cells were installed threw out the ship that store up any left over energy from the reactor to use it when the paragone is in flight. Fully charged the Paragone can stay in the air for about 14 hours.

hows that sound?

biggreengribbly
19-03-2006, 07:35
Hey, works for me!

Commander X
19-03-2006, 08:39
Almost no limits then? Interesting...

Big, slow, and generally destructive Mech, or small, fast, and not that dangerous? Or perhaps something more unique? Maybe a more Close Combat oriented one? This needs more thoughts... One last question though, what is the scale of these Mechs we use? Personal suit, house-sized, or simply huge?

And I agree with the Flying Fortress idea, it's likely to be the most impressive one of the choices.

Darmort
19-03-2006, 09:24
Hey! *I* have a combat oriented one! It has one ranged weapon (chaingun).
And I prefer the sound of a flying fortress; it means I won't have to edit my post AGAIN. :p

Commander X
19-03-2006, 09:47
Not to mention a 20 Missile Pod for ranged weapon ;)

But if you prefer, I'll think up some kind of Heavy Ranged Mech, now I just need to know the approximate size.

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 16:19
Okay Paragone is a flying fortress. wouldn;t want Darmort to have to edit his post :)

The mech's are farily large. I can't find the exact size on the other metal gears but were talking a few stories at least. but if i had to guess i'd say around 72 ft give or take. but just figure that all of the mecha's will have to fit inside of paragones hanger so just keep that in mind. But like Cruze's his is quite large but i could curl up when in the paragone so what ever works don't limit you self.

Commander X
19-03-2006, 16:39
Well then, as we have one "Gundam", and one Anti-Infantry snake, I'll take up the spot of "Big, unbelievably slow, devastator" ;) From what I've seen and read, it's going to be more or less a REX MkIII.

Now, what kind of pilot to put in such a thing...

Konrad_Curze II
19-03-2006, 17:19
yeah the idea of one that does a massive amount of damage with one hit is a really cool idea

Commander X
19-03-2006, 17:28
But ofcourse it needs the standard problem that comes with that: Actually getting that hit first. Just gotten an amusing idea for the Mech. I'll put an AI in and have it run a love-hate relationship with the pilot. That should cause enough inefficient aiming to ensure balance.

Konrad_Curze II
19-03-2006, 17:30
thats a very cool idea, just having an arguement with the metal gear, could be very funny.

Commander X
19-03-2006, 18:33
Pilot: Aron Burch
Male, aged 31
Appearance: Brown eyed, light skin, shaved bold
Description:
Aron isn't really the kind of person you'd expect to become a pilot. Having the looks of a thug (big, bold, and usually quite filthy) you'd think he would be one of the mechanics. He is usually a bit argumentative, and always tries to brag about whatever he has and hasn't done. Despite all these negative things, he is still a capable pilot, although that may not always show from his actions. The main reason he doesn't fight too good, is his endless problems with ACID, which always seems to disagree with him.

Name of Gear: Goliath (What do you mean, 'cliche'?)
AI Codename(Also the original name of the Gear): A.C.I.D. -Artificial Conscience Intended for Destruction

His Gear Goliath is a development of the REX series, and one which took a radical different route. Two extra legs have been added, together with two 'claws' creating a crab like appearance. The main Railcannon has been removed, and has been replaced by three much smaller fixed Railcannons on the top of the hull. Below the hull hang two missile pods, each carrying twelve Anti-Armour missiles. The Cannons are the main weapon of Goliath, and can - even though they're smaller than the original - destroy most thing with a direct hit. Because of their slow recharge rate, the missile pods were added to give it atleast a chance in a fight where the first cannon-salvo misses.

The left claw contains the Radome which is still a vulnerable part of the Gear. This was done, because of all possible places, this one would be the last where enemies would expect it to be. The right claw on the other hand, is really a weapon capable of crushing virtually anything, provided that the target actually stays in it long enough for it to close. Finally, two Laser Cannons are placed in turrets on either side of the head, to attack enemy Gears which manage to get too close.

Because of the sheer size and weight of all these things, the topspeed lies very low. Agility and finesse are also not present, meaning that whatever is between the Gear and the target will often be destroyed as well. Dodging or evading any attacks is completely out to, so a good aimer can easily pick out the weaker parts of the Gear. (*cough* David *cough*) Unfortunately for Aron, the original makers intended it to be AI-controlled, and although they never actually finished it, an AI is present inside the Gear, and can not be shut off.

Background Story:
As some might have guessed, Aron was originally an actual mechanic. And although he never liked them, he ended up inside a facility where completely autonomous Gears were built. One day, he made a bet with his fellow mechanics, betting he could pilot a Gear without their superiors noticing the difference.

And so he took Goliath out for a training mission, together with another AI-Gear. Because of the AI that was placed inside Goliath disagreeing with him, Aron's results were bad enough to be noticed. He was ordered to return to the complex immediatly, where he would be in severe problems.

But before he actually reached the complex, something had attacked it, totally destroying it, and killing all the persons he had ever worked with and for. Aron still doesn't know what has happend there, but he has sworn to take revenge on whoever or whatever did it. He also doesn't know what happend to the second prototype that was with him, but he expects it to be still functioning somewhere, mindlessly following its programming.

The Pandora was the first Arsenal Gear Aron met, and he had little choice but to join this one, as he was starting to run out of supplies and there was no place where he could re-stock with the complex he came from being destroyed. Goliath barely fitted inside the hangars of Paragone, but with some 'persuasion' it still manageds to do so.

Konrad_Curze II
19-03-2006, 18:51
i like your thinking there ;)

Commander X
19-03-2006, 19:19
Thanks, but it's just easier to continue on something which is there already, instead of starting from nothing again.

Now, when will we meet David(Ironically, the other AI-Gear from the training)...

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 19:23
I like that idea now how are the Railguns arranged on top? is it sort of like a 3 barrel mini gun but with rail guns or are they in a line?

With the AI I'll take it that you'll be controling it correct? since both Gone and ACID are both Ai's what is there Relationship?

Would you guys be okay if Gone had her own Mecha? that she directly controled?

Konrad_Curze II
19-03-2006, 19:27
yeah fine should be cool, more metal gear the better!!

Commander X
19-03-2006, 19:29
-Three guns in a horizontal line. Triple-barreled weapon would A)Not really work because it would blow itself up, and B) Not look good in my opinion.

-The whole idea with this AI is that he can control the Gear, but not the AI, causing plenty of conflicts. And I think that ACID wouldn't like gone too much, but be smart enough not to show that.(ACID does need Gone for supplies in the end.)

-Sure, no problem.

biggreengribbly
19-03-2006, 20:28
Right, my char is coming together. Not much worth posting yet, but it's looking like she's gonna be a member of the gear support infantry. (Me all on my lonesome atm!) However I also like the idea of her being a proficient field mechanic. Also, can I have a kinda 'mini gear' a la the land mates from Appleseed?

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 20:40
How about a Bionic body? like soulius snakes and the cyborg njna?

Just suggestions a mini mech is fine by me

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 21:04
cool just checking.

Code name: God's Blood
Size: close to the size of Metal Gear Ray
Weapons: twin Blade,

Description: a Human like body but with reverse joints for the legs one of the arms form the "elbow" down is 2 longe curved blades (think REX's rail gun but if it was curved and blades) in the other arm is a powerful 4 fingered hand with retractable claws. on the back and legs are small jets that can extend God's Blood's allready considerable jumping hieght into a allmost full fledge flight. along the entire length of the Gear there are tentcales that can be used to mainpilate objects and even trangle up other Gears. This Gear has a powerful Dragon like head which is designed to bite down and tear apart other Gears

God's Blood was based off of ray but rather then be ranged as all the Metal Gears were at the time this was designed for close comabt not just at metal gears. this frist of its kind to function in such a way.

God's Blood was designed to be piolted by a AI but it does contain a comparnt that a human (not comfotabley) fit into in that rare case that it needed to save a human.

God's Blood was Orginally the only Metal Gear on board. Paragone knowing that her own kind willed nature would not be able to Effectively use God's Blood she atttempted to create another AI a "son" if you would to pilot it and defend Paragone so that Gone could conectrae on the Ship it's self.

She succecced in Createing a son named "Set". At frist Set understood that he was meant to be just a Soilder much like the rest of the crew onboard the Paragone. But he wanted more he wished to be in charge of Paragone him self with his own agenda. (what this agenda was is unknown) Set tired to take over the Paragone but he did not realize Gone's power onboard the ship and he failed. Had it been any other AI Gone would have simply delted Set but He was her son and she could no bring her self to do it. She insteand moved all of his counciussness to God's Blood. Set has now grown calmer with age but is still wild and restless.

Konrad_Curze II
19-03-2006, 21:53
thats a cool metal gear.
there are nice metal gear at the moment.

biggreengribbly
19-03-2006, 21:58
Yeah. A bionic bodied bitch of metal gear support would be sweet. Please tell me that with even if they're just NPC's I'll have more bodies to fight with? There's not much one soldier can do (even a bitch with cybernetic enhancement) to support the number of metal gears that seem to be appearing!

Bmaxwell
19-03-2006, 23:05
trying to figure out why your calling it a bitch.

You could be in charge of a Support group of bionic soilders. lets say around 5 of them?

Spangley Special
20-03-2006, 12:29
How about a Bionic body? like soulius snakes and the cyborg njna?

Just suggestions a mini mech is fine by me

i'll take that.... so long as their are no objections.... my character will be kinda like Ninja but more soldiery if ya know what i mean!? i'll post up description soon.... also bear with Nickolia7 he's not been well.

Commander X
20-03-2006, 12:31
After thinking about it, I've noticed something about my character which requires some verification. As the main Cannons are the same as the REX's, but smaller, does that mean I'm carrying around 6 Nuclear Warheads? (And the recharge time on those things is really long, one hour...)

Bmaxwell
20-03-2006, 13:32
well a rail gun could fire other proticles besides neclear weapons.

The reason the recharge was so long on REX was that it was fireing its nukes anywhere in the world not on the same battleflied.

I'd say for you rail gauns the recharge would be about 1-3 min depending on how far you shoot that.

nuclear weapons really don;t have a place unless your shooting at a extremly far away base but all aresneal gears had nuclear weapons anyway so i guess its a moot point.

thats fine Spangley you would fill in a sort of "commando" spot. thanks for the update on Nickolia7 i was getting ready to send him a PM

Thanks again for the interest I'm really likeing how this RPG is forming up

Commander X
20-03-2006, 13:35
Good, good, that saves me a lot of worrying about what will happen when the guns would get hit. (A nuclear explosion inside my Gear wouldn't really be a good thing.)

And I'll take the recharge time up to 5-10 minutes, not ridiculously long, but still long enough not to simply fire all the time.

Spangley Special
20-03-2006, 13:39
sorry this is really off topic but Commander-X your avitar is awsome...
also nukes do not neccerssarily go off when hit, so long as they are not armed...

Charcter profile comming soon... like an hour or something

DraXaus
20-03-2006, 14:24
Is there still any room for another Pilot?

Commander X
20-03-2006, 15:01
Plenty of space here, go ahead. :)

@Spangley: Thanks. After a bit of effort, I managed to track it back to being a mechanic crab from Metal Slug.

Spangley Special
20-03-2006, 15:07
Name; The Joy (real name is Drake)
Age; unknown (physically around 30)

Appearance; standing at 7'6" (primarily due to the exo-skeleton) the Joy is an impressive figure, and much like Grey Fox he is confined within an anatomically correct exo-skeleton made up of many plates that are all of a dark colour (greys, black, dark blue). His helmet has a faceplate that is vaguely skull shaped (as in it follows the contours of his face) other than this it is featureless, he is able to open his faceplate showing his face (but this is some thing he does rarely, and is a mark of utmost respect).
Also Check - http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/nutty_mtber/TheJoy.jpg

Equipment; The Joy is equipped with a large calibre pistol (holstered on his thigh), a rather large knife(sheathed on his chest). He also has a carbine slung on his back and plastic explosives and limpet mines in pouches around his waist.

Skills/Abilities; due to his exo-skeleton he is able to leap great distances, has improved strength, speed and senses, it also makes him almost invulnerable to small arms fire. The Joy is accomplished with fire arms, CQC, explosives and is able to hook himself up to certain electronic systems (think R2D2/Robocop style). But he refuses to operate any form of metal gear.

Personality; The Joy is quiet and some what of a recluse. He does not talk unnecessarily, and when he does it is direct and to the point. Serious to a fault and quick to anger, but there is more to him than this, he is also an incredibly deep thinker although it would be an honour indeed if he was to share these thoughts with you. He also seems to have a unique relationship with Gone with whom he converses digitally.

Bmaxwell
20-03-2006, 15:34
Skecths? very nice.

Thats fine with it being vauge just PM me with his background so that I might be able to incorate it into the game. does he allways have his Exo-Skeleton or does he take it off or only take his helmet. when the Mecha's go out you can just sort of hop onto one until something happens.

@DraXus of coruse the more people the better.

Darmort
20-03-2006, 16:30
Railguns are best when firing little peices of metal (ping pong balls made of metal)... ;)
They'd tear apart other Gears easily like that, you know (If you have magnet after magnet for around five meters, and put a metal ball in the centre, then send the ball along the magnets, one by one, switching to them really fast (computers), you send the ball flying along and it will hit something VERY hard), and a nuke launched from a Railgun would be... well... let's just say that it could demolish Mount Everest pretty easily... O.o'

Commander X
20-03-2006, 17:12
Since we had that article on Warseer (Or was it back at Portent?) about those university students blasting straight through 9 meters of concrete with a scratch-built one, you don't really need to tell me the destructive power of such a thing ;) It's just that the original REX used it's main railgun to shoot Nukes which made me worry I had to lug around enough nuclear power to destroy a small country inside my Gear.

(After looking about some more, I've found out that the main goal of the REX was to more or less do what you just described, to blow up very big things from very far away (1000 miles/1600 km), without leaving missile trails or other things which could give it away. Sounds quite a cheap way of waging war...)

Bmaxwell
20-03-2006, 18:54
Which makes ya wonder. why was it put on a Metal gear chassis? I mean why wouldn't you put it on atasnk or a ship or something? not that i really care i think its awsome that they did but just something to ponder.

yea if you had nukes well you'd be a threat to the Entire crew and Set and Gone her self.

a few things on board the Paragone. weapons wise that really only matter to non-Metal Gear pilots.

currently there are about 100 soilders on board the paragone that act as simple partol around the ship and gunners for many of the armeants.

there is a squad genome soilder armed with Exo-Skeletons, Machine guns, large arms pistols and a high freqancy sword. there are 20 of these soilders. they are a tight knit group. that rarely talks to the other crew members on board the Paragone. A character trait of them is that due to the fact that they rarely remove there armour they skin is a pale sickly white. and all of said genome soilders have black eyes.

I'm thinking about starting this RPG at soonest wesday and at latest this friday. depends how if we have a good number of people and if I have the time as well still working out a few things in the story

Commander X
20-03-2006, 19:00
Because the REX was supposed to be a lot faster than any of the above mentioned? Although it was land-only, it could supposedly (supposedly as in: I don't believe it.) run over 144km/h, while your average tank/ship won't even get to half that speed. This would allow it to move away fast after firing, so that even if the target can find out where the shot came from, they will have a hard time finding out where the REX is now. All these are just my own random thoughts though.

And I guess all of us are still a threats, as the Gears all have a Nuclear reactor to power them. "Warning, initiating main core meltdown in 5, 4, 3..." ;)

Bmaxwell
20-03-2006, 19:09
oh didn't know it could move any where close to that speed.

true but i doubt that any of the pilots would do that. and if they thought about it well i might just have to sick God's Blood on them. i like that idea:evilgrin:

Commander X
20-03-2006, 19:15
Linky (http://legendii.tripod.com/Secret/REX0023b.html)

I don't believe half of what it says there, but that's the most info I could find about those Gears. The most questionable thing is the weight, which I expect to be more like ten times as much as what they put there.

And it doesn't need to be a pilot doing such a thing...

Konrad_Curze II
20-03-2006, 19:21
some of that stuff is just silly

Bmaxwell
20-03-2006, 19:38
that Drawing of REX isn't even right ugh.

But thats interesting that REx could move even close to that speed.

biggreengribbly
20-03-2006, 23:36
(The reason I was calling her a bitch is because I intend my character to be a slightly cranky female!)

Btw, how long did 'gone' take to build (specificaly AI programming!), and how long has she been in service? It's kinda important to the backstory I'm considering atm!

Bmaxwell
21-03-2006, 00:22
well Im working on a Story serirs about the creation and back story of Paragone.

It took a few years to make and train Paragone (since a true AI would be a person in a sense) and her frist operations was in 2020 and this RPG takes place in 2199. I'd say it took about a year to make and train Set.

Hope that helps

DraXaus
21-03-2006, 02:21
Pilot: Roger Jerricho
Male, Age 42

With the increasing advancments in Metal Gear technology, DARPA (Defense Advancments Research Projects Agency) became hard pressed by military and political pressures to produce a Metal Gear that could be deployed both defensively and offensively.
Utilizing new and current technology, two teams were assigned to the new Metal Gear project. With a half billion dollar budget and a two year deadline, the development teams managed to produce a Metal Gear that could hunt and destroy other metal gears and deploy small tactical nuclear warheads, anywhere around the world. The Metal Gear prototype was code named Metal Gear-FOX. Given the appearance resembled that of a fox, it was only appropriate that it was given that designation.
Metal Gear-FOX had been equipped with some of the most advanced military hardware and stealth technology available. Including one medium ranged nuclear warhead.
With a nerohelmet that effectively links the Gear's onboard computers to the pilot's nervous system. This integration between man and machine, allows the pilot to control all of the gear's navigation, communication and weapons systems without the use of his arms. However, Metal Gear-FOX has been know to send a return feedback to the pilot's brain. Causing major shycological brain damage to the wearer.

capitan Roger Jerricho was assigned the task to test FOX's nero-technology in combat conditions. In every exercise Metal Gear-FOX performed as expected. With the complete distortion of its targets. It was effectively able to take out an entire column of tanks, tens of miles from its position. Both Roger and Metal Gear-FOX meet and surpassed expectations. But with every exercise, Roger became more attached to the gear. It became apparent that the Gear's feedback was stimulating Roger's nervous system. In a sense, causing him to be highly addicted to the use of Metal Gear-FOX.
Roger was pulled from the program, and FOX had been set back for another three months. It seem that Metal Gear-FOX was destined for failure, as military interests soon fail out of favor and budget spending was cut grammatically.

Shortly after his removal from the program, Roger Jerricho went missing. A formal investigation was launched, but no leads could be found, and soon he fail into obscurity.
It would be more than two years later that Roger would return and reclame the Metal Gear. In the years of his own personal exile, Roger managed to make contacts from outside the US and within DARPA itself. He was determined to take back Metal Gear-FOX at any cost. In a daring raid, on a classified testing facility. Roger and a band of perea-military soldiers took possession of the Metal Gear. They had came in as quickly as they left, leaving no one alive. It is unknown where he and men hide, but some believe that they fled to south america where they offer their serves to those who can afford it.

Bmaxwell
21-03-2006, 02:30
a Pilot that needs his mecha I like this idea very interesting.

biggreengribbly
21-03-2006, 08:00
179? ****. That sets my character writeup back a bit!

(Sorry it's taking sooo long but stuff keeps coming up and I don't hahve the time to sit and work it out!)

Spangley Special
21-03-2006, 08:11
He always has to wear his exo-skeleton, altho like grey fox the helmet can open. also i think i've changed my mind about his background. i'll post up more after my college lecture.

Spangley Special
21-03-2006, 09:15
ok would it be ok for Shadow to have an R2D2/Robocop style network uplink, so he can pug himself into Gone to recharge, share info and converse with Gone? i like the idea of him having a unque dynamic with Gone.

Commander X
21-03-2006, 12:49
Linky MkII (http://solidsnake19148.tripod.com/metal_gear_units.html)

Another link which looks a bit more reliable. Contains specs on most of the Metal Gear things. :) And it looks as if Goliath is somehow still less armed than the original REX, can I do something about that?

Bmaxwell
21-03-2006, 13:02
Thanks alot for the link.

@ Commander X mmmm not sure let me see what you plan on changeing and I'll tell you. I don't want the Goilath to end up being to powerful.

@ Spangley Special sure thats fine by me. just PM me so we can talk about that.

Commander X
21-03-2006, 13:54
All I'm planning on adding is two Laser Cannons, so there's atleast something which can look impressive all the time ;) I'll leave shooting aircraft or other small armoured things to everyone else. Also, they will more be the kind of weapon mounted at the 'knees' of the back pair of legs, meant to wipe of those annoying soldiers which tend to climb them without doing too much damage to Goliath itself.(But ofcourse they will do so in dire cases...)

Edit: You know what, just forget about it. I'll stick with only shooting big stuff, letting the smaller Gears and/or soldiers deal with the small things that become annoying.

biggreengribbly
21-03-2006, 22:24
Right. Finally I have finished my character. She went through a lot of changes.

after all, I'm not indecisive.... am I

Anyway, may I present:

Tabitha Sharpe:
Female
Age 26

Chief field mechanic aboard paragone, the daughter of two of paragone's technical crew, Tabitha Sharpe was a born grease monkey. No other crew member aboard the paragone has logged more time elbow deep within the guts and gears of 'gone and her mechanical charges. She was dismantling and putting back together spare gear components before she could walk. She almost grew up with some of the AI's aboard. This accompanied by her deep care for all the machines aboard has lead to nearly all of the AI's having a great respect for her. In fact, on several occaisions, It has been tabitha's intervention that has calmed some of the more rebellious AI's.

It is ironic therefore that her care for all paragone's Metal Gears, that nearly led to her death. While conducting hasty field repairs on a damaged gear within the cover of a warehouse, a hostile gear's evasive manouvers carried it straight through the building in which Tabitha and her charge had taken cover, causing it collapse, pinning her to it's hull and crushing most of her body. When her signal on the command network faded, Some of the AI's overrode their orders and some even contradicted their pilots and even paragone's wishes and rushed to the area and began pushing the rubble aside, searching for her. Her fragile battered form barely clinging to life. Brought back aboard the paragone, it was obvious that she would never be able to continue to lead a normal human life. Her body had been crippled. She was lucky the rubble hadn't crushed her skull. Paragone herself declared that tabitha was too valuable a member of crew to lose. So a biomechanical body was constructed to house her crippled form! Directly connected into her spine and skull at several points, her newly created cyborg form is a miracle of technology. It has vastly increased her strength, at only a small loss of dexterity.

Considering all the changes that Tabitha has endured, her outlook on life remains strangely calm. Born on a war vessel, living a life entirely orintated to war, a war which has consumed her body as well as her life. Yet she harbours no bitterness. Indeed the 'accident' that has crushed her body has lent even greater strength to her relationship with paragone and the AI's she commands, to who she now feels she owes a deep debt of gratitude. It has become that she almost prefers the company of paragone and the other AI's than human contact. Also, her new body and the power it brings allows her to do more to protect the creations she loves on the battle field! Many a foe seeking to sabotage a damaged metal gear have been found their heads crushed by an oversized wrench wielded with incredible force!

(btw if this causes any problems, things can change, but I'd rather nothing major!)

And here's the sketch:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30816616/

Konrad_Curze II
21-03-2006, 23:09
i really like the character i think its a real good angle and has good potential

biggreengribbly
21-03-2006, 23:20
Spiffy. Btw, no real physical description, as I'm trying to put my ideas on paper as a sketch, as you can see by how long that basic character setup took to write, my writing skills aren't exactly spectacular!

btw. She may have potential, but odds are I'll miss it, in favour of violence, so PM advice would be mucho appreciated!

Bmaxwell
22-03-2006, 02:19
works for me.

Are you guys ready to start? gonna send a PM to nikolai7 see if he's still interested.

DraXaus
22-03-2006, 10:39
Yeah, I'm ready. But I would like to know how this will start.

biggreengribbly
22-03-2006, 10:48
I'm good to go, but sign me up for a bit more info on how this will work too!

(Sketch forthcoming btw!)

Bmaxwell
22-03-2006, 11:46
Okay the frist Post is gonna be the Paragone traveling in the sky form England to Amercia.

so this will allow the group time to get to know each other make some friends make some enimies on board help you get familar with gone and how the ship works and everthing. you'll proply have VR misson till you get to amercia.

Once there the Paragone is gonna land in north west PA (pittsburg area if that helps) to recharge her battieres. you all will be guarding the Paragone while this happens...............

and thats all im saying for now.

as for how this will work. well you take control of your character threw the posts you make and how they act so on and so forth. You can't control another person's character unless you get premisson to do so. aslo you can't kill a nother PC unless you get there premisson to do so.

RPG's like this I trust you guys to know what your PC can and can't do. say for example Character Z does this.

Z moves his mecha threw the trees he see's another aresneal gear and he thinks pretty Metal Gear and singel handly takes it over while takeing no damgae to him self and he now controls the Arseneal gear

0r

The other metal gear can;t touch z as he makes fun of it and gives it the middle figure he then proceeds to destory the mecha with outh even willing it do the the fact that he is god and he also decied to kill eveyone one else

well i think you get the idea.

just make post true to your character and true with the story. everyonce and while something won't quite be clear and i'll help with that. My Main job here is to just make sure you guys have a good time with the RPG.

and as allways any thing you want to ask me just PM me

biggreengribbly
22-03-2006, 12:17
Fair enuff. (Feel free to PM bitchslap me if my posts don't seem quite right!)

Any ideas when we're starting?

Konrad_Curze II
22-03-2006, 12:20
im ready to start whenever everyone else is ready, get the meet n greet for the characters all sorted and stuff.:D

biggreengribbly
22-03-2006, 12:29
Lol, I'd better go back through and make some notes on the gear and their pilots. If I'm gonna be doing any maintenance on them I'd better be able to remind myslef which is which lol!

Spangley Special
22-03-2006, 12:38
Ok i'm done, i've changed my character (he's back on page 6 i think) i've also added a rough sketch... its not great but it lets you know what he looks like better than my description, his background i've Pm'ed to BMaxwell because due to his charcter he is unlikely just to blurt his history out... any whoo upon the ok from BMaxwell i'm ready to go.

Bmaxwell
22-03-2006, 12:49
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=554467#post554467

the IC thread is up. Good luck and happy RPGing (not sure thats right oh well)

I got a good feeling about this allready

Commander X
22-03-2006, 13:54
I compromised my two sets of thoughts, and now I've got it. I've thrown out the chainguns and replaced them with lasers, making Goliath fully anti-Gear, and unable to harm anything smaller than a big tank.(Not including stepping on them.)

And now off to start :)

nikolai7
22-03-2006, 14:31
Name: Unknown
Codename: Arch Angel
Equipment: Silenced .45 calibre custom built pistol and combat knife. A codec, sneaking suit. Various medical equipment.
Background: Most of Arch Angel's background has been erased from any sort of Data base, he doesnt exist until his service records from the Britsh SAS, he won a victoria cross and a military medal for missions behind enemy lines where it was noted that Arch Angel was adept at camoflage, languages infiltration and sabotage. He was then recruited into a secret government organisation that specialised on gathering intelligence, acting as double agents and infiltraing weapons factories in rival countries to sabotage their metal gear production and steal their latest advances. He is able to use almost any weapon, but prefers to get up close and use CQC avoiding protracted and loud firefights.

I know it's cutting it a bit fine this ok? if it needs any changes let me know

Bmaxwell
22-03-2006, 15:00
fine by me

biggreengribbly
22-03-2006, 19:57
Guys, it seems kinda wrong posting OOc in the RPing thread, so I thought I'd ask here, If I've initiated a conversation with another character, should I wait for them to respond before posting again? see current situation if i didn't explain well enough!

Bmaxwell
22-03-2006, 20:03
usally yes but you could aslo start working on something else and its assummed that when they respond they say what every they say before you leave.

if that makes any sense

biggreengribbly
22-03-2006, 20:11
Ah never mind, crisis averted. Darmort (?) is responding to the request for repairs!

Commander X
23-03-2006, 15:24
Small note to everyone:

In all games I play(ed) which involved fighting in Mechas, I never cared too much about friendly fire. Assume Acid doesn't care either... ;)

biggreengribbly
23-03-2006, 15:41
Friendly fire is only friendly until you're the one being shot at, lol

Trust me to strike up a conversation with a guy who doesn't come on. We're holding up the show. I have leg to fix lol!

Bmaxwell
24-03-2006, 00:27
just put a link up to the image if you have one in here for the skecth for your character

biggreengribbly
24-03-2006, 07:13
that's the thing. I have nowhere to upload it to!

Spangley Special
24-03-2006, 13:54
sorry i couldn't get to a pc yester day, as for pics i hosted mine on photobucket.com, but also try deviantart

biggreengribbly
24-03-2006, 15:58
Well, here she is guys:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30816616/

I'll add the link to my first post too

Bmaxwell
24-03-2006, 17:13
who did you Codec to was it to Set?

it was a tad unclear on who you codeced (sp?) too

biggreengribbly
24-03-2006, 17:17
sry, I'll go make it clear, it was to archangel. (the sneaky dude, sry if i got the name wrong)

Did you like the way I semi wheedled out of the conversation though lol!

Bmaxwell
24-03-2006, 17:19
I did. you seem to be getting the hang of this which is good.

we'll see how you do when we go the the frist battle. which should happen fairly soon if people start posting again

biggreengribbly
24-03-2006, 17:28
lol, lot's of work for me then! Time to go read up on technical ********, it won't wash to just say "tabitha spent the next five days fixing X gears leg" after all!

Bmaxwell
25-03-2006, 00:54
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29268

a little short story and some background info on the paragone and how the world ended up the way it is.

don't worry i'll contuine it.

biggreengribbly
25-03-2006, 15:23
good story, a typo or two and a few grammar weirdies, but that's cool, no-ones perfect. My posts usually get edited at least twice. I'm the typo king!

Btw, are we to assume that unless the word 'codec' is used the conversation could be heard by people in sensible proximity?

i.e. could tabitha hear anything of "the joy's" conversation with Set?

Bmaxwell
25-03-2006, 18:00
unless i state so Set use's external speakers so anyone near set can hear him even though you don't have to speak above a whisper for him to hear you.

glad you liked the story

biggreengribbly
25-03-2006, 18:05
Cool, cheers for clearing that up

(btw, was "jonas quinn" deliberately taken from stargate or was it a co-incedence?)

Also, how much of 'gonne's history are you gonna go into?

Bmaxwell
25-03-2006, 19:38
pretty far.

Jonas came form the dark tower series Jonas was the leader of a band of ex gunslingers (think black guard form d7d and ur pretty close execpt revolvers instead of swords) and quinn well just thought it sounded good. didn't even think of sg-1. but there not at all alike

biggreengribbly
25-03-2006, 19:53
Lol, I find you guilty of a coincidence in the first degree!

Bmaxwell
27-03-2006, 21:00
I take it that while working you would talk to Set? if you want you can go with the rest of the unit into the VR thats fine by me

biggreengribbly
27-03-2006, 21:23
I'll always have time to talk to set! And I'll stay where I am thanks. The only time tabitha would fight is if some bad guy stumbled across her making field repairs on a 'gear. And I'd rather rely on natural skill and the brute strength of her bionics if it came to that anyway.

Maybe there will be some event in the future that will make her take a more direct role on the battlefield. 'gone being boarded, god's blood being destroyed, so tabitha downloads set into her own body, that sorta thing!

Besides, I can't see why 'gone would pull her chief mechanic into a 'gear pilot training exercise! Especially when some of the gears (set) are still not running at full capacity!

Spangley Special
28-03-2006, 10:53
ok so a little tech info on The joy's Exo-skeleton Armour.
Armour plating consists of;

An outer layer of kevlar, this gets progresivley denser and is around 20mm - 30mm thick (it varys in places that require more protection, ie torso). (designed to slow and stop projectiles, ussually bullets)

Under this there is a layer of ceramic plating around 4-5mm thick (to protect against hi calibre ammo)

And final is the exo-skeletons shell (which is under the armour), this consists of beta Ti-Alloy
(beta alloys have good hardenability, good cold formability when they are solution-treated, and high strength when they are aged. Beta alloys are slightly more dense than other titanium alloys, having densities ranging from 4840 to 5060 kg/m3. They are the least creep resistant alloys, they are weldable, and can have yield strengths up to 1345 MPa. They are used for heavier duty purposes on aircraft. )

Carbon with nanotechnologly is also used on the shell. (for those of you unfamiliar with carbon resin, nanotech is a hi tech method of creating super strong and very light components by having one molecule thick tubes within the resin).

Spangley Special
28-03-2006, 11:05
OOC// (warning Rant) so Tabby was designed to haul metal gear part about, The joy was designed to destroy metal gears, you are a mechanic... The Joy was created to be a soldier...
He has countless hours training and the last few years he has spent wandering the world destroying metal gears...
If you wanted a double hard character then you should have written one instead of a mechanic.
Ok you are not causing offense just irritation, mechanics make snide remarks and fix stuff they do not take on soldiers... rember this is a roleplay, play your role don't just try and win cause it wont work thats not what this is about.
its about narative, sorry i know this is the GMs job but i'm rather irritated
(Rant over)\\

biggreengribbly
28-03-2006, 11:23
Yeah, fair call, I like badasses, but didn't make one. I have a natural ability for irritation without trying.

Besides, have you ever had someone show you up and thought 'hah, i coulda taken him' I seriously doubt the joy would be dumb enough to let tabitha grab one of his arms anyway! You just made her look stupid. She's pissed. Her first thought's would be kicking your ass. Something she's not really capable of but the thought would still be there!

Dammit. I just turned an apology into justifying my madness.

I'll just have to find some defenceless npc to pummel later, just to satisfy my need to unleash bionic beatdown on someone lol.

Spangley Special
28-03-2006, 11:50
Yeah no worries mate, just keep the character in mind and clear up what shes thinking and what is happening.

biggreengribbly
28-03-2006, 11:53
What, you thought i was actually intending to rip off your arm lol. I'm not that dumb lol. I'd have to fix it afterwards!

(see, that's better mechanic thinking huh!)

Spangley Special
28-03-2006, 12:18
no its not that its just the way it was worded made it sound as if thats what would happen rather than thats what she was thinking... if that makes sense

biggreengribbly
28-03-2006, 12:20
yeah, went back and changed that, but it's not any better. 3rd re-write coming up!

Commander X
28-03-2006, 17:06
I don't completely understand what we're supposed to be doing in that VR to be honest. So first we have to shoot something of some roof (Just shooting the roof is faster though.) and then have the two 'humansized' players turn some other Gears on, after which we have to kill those too?

For some reason I think I misunderstood that a bit...

Bmaxwell
28-03-2006, 18:52
I'll re wirte it. i didn't have alot of time to wirte that thing so I apolgize for not makeing things clear.

looks like both of you guys got the little mis understanding with tabitha and joy sorted out.

biggreengribbly
28-03-2006, 19:14
Yeah, now I think about it, a mechanic (even one with cybernetic enhancement) throwing her weight around with soldiers was a bit dumb. So I backed down, and will try to do the job i set for tabs, instead of what seems cool to me.

nikolai7
29-03-2006, 09:52
How are archangel and joy being inserted are we just gonna appear there in the canyon or are we gonna be parachuted or what? i know its not terribly important but it just means we will both have something to start writing from.. also how do we get into the factory if its deep underground and the only way in is through a door we cant break down.. is there smaller ways in that only me and joy can get through (a yes or no will do ill make up the rest)

Bmaxwell
29-03-2006, 11:21
you will be paratuceting in the drop point is supposed the edge of the canyon but you guys could land were every you choose to. there is a small door on either side for supplies to get in and out with out opening the large blast doors.

Any other questions?

Spangley Special
29-03-2006, 12:37
Parachutes!? ha ha this should be funny.

Commander X
29-03-2006, 13:41
Strangley, if you can drop some of the modern-day Tanks with parachutes, a simple oversized humanoid shouldn't be any problem. ;)

@Bmaxwell: Thanks, this is a lot clearer. Can I assume that our Gears don't have to parachute down? That would leave quite a mark in the ground.

And I'll be the last to post an attack here, as Goliath tends to be quite 'destructive', and I wouldn't want to steal the fun from the others...

biggreengribbly
29-03-2006, 13:45
I'm assuming set will be taking part in the exercise too? I'm in for a boring coupla days if he is lol

Spangley Special
29-03-2006, 13:53
Strangley, if you can drop some of the modern-day Tanks with parachutes, a simple oversized humanoid shouldn't be any problem. ;)

@Bmaxwell: Thanks, this is a lot clearer. Can I assume that our Gears don't have to parachute down? That would leave quite a mark in the ground.

And I'll be the last to post an attack here, as Goliath tends to be quite 'destructive', and I wouldn't want to steal the fun from the others...

Yeah, but i was running on the asumption that The Joy would be using a regular parachute not a custom made one, it doesn't matter cos he can eaisly take the impact.

And surely Its VR, Sets AI could be uploaded into a virtual representation of Gods Blood allowing Tabitha to work on the real Gods Blood

Bmaxwell
29-03-2006, 14:01
God's blood will not be used in this VR misson he's sort of like a double egded sword deadly but you could get hurt even worse then your foe.

Set is a last resort for any misson. but if you guys get in to much trouble i might let set loose :)

yea your mecha were presumed to be deypoled on the ground and are makeing there way over.

I'll start a conversation with tabitha and set along with helping you guys in the VR. every ones gotta have fun. :D

Spangley Special
29-03-2006, 14:06
Ha ha Khorne berzerker style!

biggreengribbly
29-03-2006, 14:08
Cool, cheers B! And there I was all braced for one pst of "fixing a leg. Woohoo" And switching off for the week!

Commander X
30-03-2006, 15:06
Hmm, these arguments with myself really extend my posts. I don't recall making many posts that long.

And in case anybody can't be bothered to read it all: I destroyed one Spider at the cost of a disfunctional claw and having all of us detected. Way to go me. ;)

Bmaxwell
30-03-2006, 15:49
gotta love the infighting.

wheres the rest of the gear pilots? been a few days now.

biggreengribbly
30-03-2006, 15:57
Lazy bums lol, who are we missing?

Palin and justice. Jack and jormungand, and roger in MG fox (he's only posted once since we started!)

it's all about the gears and they don't show up! :) some training mission this'll turn out to be!

Commander X
30-03-2006, 16:02
Ah don't worry, we'll win eventually. The reason I need all this "infighting" is to stop Goliath from using it's main cannons. Those could more or less destroy all AI drones in one shot.(Assuming they all lign up straight that is. ;))

I was hoping not to use them, but if Goliath appears to be the only Gear around, there won't be a choice...

biggreengribbly
30-03-2006, 16:16
Hehe. You created a gear so hard you have to nerf yourself. That's a burn man!

By the way, get your gear as messed up as it seems to be getting and Tabs will be very angry with you lol. You could end up getting a twot with a wrench!

Spangley Special
31-03-2006, 09:56
well, The Joy did eventually destroy one of the spiders...

Bmaxwell
31-03-2006, 12:41
that ya did spangley that ya did.

this is a VR misson so if ur gear get damaged its only damgae to the digtal model not the real thing.

biggreengribbly
31-03-2006, 12:48
yeah, I know, but if it happens when they're out there for real, someones gonna get a beating lol

Commander X
31-03-2006, 13:07
Hmm, a Gear standing on top of Goliath threatening to cut the cockpit off? And just when the claw isn't working properly...

I suppose calling for help would work, but that would be rather 'unheroic'. This requires some creative thougths. ;)

biggreengribbly
31-03-2006, 13:17
Roll over..... play dead......... swing one of the railguns around and knock it off.... stand up on your back legs..... kneel down on one side and ram your back/shoulder and it into a wall.

Any of these any good for you?

Spangley Special
01-04-2006, 10:29
umm i'm not going to be able to post much during the next two weeks because most my net access is at college... i'll try to get to a computer every three to four days though.

biggreengribbly
01-04-2006, 10:40
Man do I know the feeling. It's only within the last few weeks I've managed to get home interneT access

Bmaxwell
01-04-2006, 11:31
thanks for the heads up Spangley

biggreengribbly
04-04-2006, 22:03
So would I be right in thinking we're on hold still spangley gets back to college then?

Bmaxwell
04-04-2006, 23:50
Pretty much either that or nick posts.

biggreengribbly
05-04-2006, 09:36
fair enuff

slaaneshes_own
05-04-2006, 17:54
erm... gribbs is gonna kill me for stealing his schtick, but is it too late to join in?

Bmaxwell
05-04-2006, 19:04
Depends on what you want to do post a character and I'll proply be most likely be able to put you in some how.

slaaneshes_own
05-04-2006, 19:08
gear pilot. i'll post a profile up in like 1/2 hour

slaaneshes_own
05-04-2006, 23:04
My apologies for tardyness - family etc etc.

Right.

Name: Ichigo Pliskin

Ichigo was born into chaos. His mother died during childbirth, and his father beat him regularly, to take out his aggression about his wife's death. This caused the distinctive scarring on his back and arms. Once Ichigo's father had realised that it was not Ichigo himself that caused his wife to die, he stopped beating him, and instead, taught Ichigo various forms of hand-to-hand combat, for him to protect himself in the rougher areas of Philly which his son would soon frequent.

He left his education early - he dropped out when he was 16, and worked as a mechanic in his uncle's bike shop, repairing classic motorbikes. it was only when ichigo heard about the Metal Gear's and the people who controlled them did he finally realise what he wanted to do. He was sick of simple repair work, and decided that he wanted to build his own Metal Gear. A thing of delicateness, and of intricacy

To do this however, he would need to learn the skills required. To do this, he set off to find anyone who knew about these creatures known as Metal Gear's.

It was for this reason that he bet his entire lifes savinngs on a greyhound race in a smokey backstreet bookies in Philly. This was his ticket, this was his last chance. If he blew this then he would have nothing else to do, nowhere else to go.

He sat on the edge of his seat, eyes unblinking, just focused on the race. If he lost this, he lost all his money, and his uncle had sold his business for nothing.

The bell rang, and no-one knew who had won the bet. Ichigo stood up, sniffed, and downed the rest of his beer, and began to shuffle out the door, when he heard the name "Last Chance". his dog. His ticket to Paragone.

Paragone. The place where he would make his dream come true. The place where he would learn the skills to create his own Metal Gear.

His dog came in first. He sniffed, bought another beer, downed it, picked up his pack, containing all his possessions, and calmly strolled out of the bookies. Then, ran like a thing demented to the nearest docking port, to search for his prize, to search for his $50000 ticket to happiness, and there it was, gleaming

Paragone.

He joined Paragone at the age of 19, and has not yet built his Metal Gear, but is making new friends who owe him several large favours, so by the time Paragone reaches its destination, Ichigo may well be on his way to his Metal Gear - "Rukia"

Hope this meets everyones approval, if any probs / etc, contact back.

Thanks,

J

biggreengribbly
05-04-2006, 23:16
erm... gribbs is gonna kill me for stealing his schtick, but is it too late to join in?

Whatever dude. I'm too indifferent to care. But check the fact we're related at the door. If you want to have a go at me, come up to my room and say it, don't have a go at my character or anything childish.

Happy roleplaying :P

slaaneshes_own
05-04-2006, 23:25
Dude. Family stuff is family stuff. Let's just enjoy the RP. What u think to my char?

J

biggreengribbly
05-04-2006, 23:39
Blah, it's B's RP, I'll let him comment. I'm waaay to tired.

Bmaxwell
06-04-2006, 02:51
I like the idea but the only proplem is that the arsenal gears were compelty top secert. so buying a "ticket" just isn;t gonna fly. now mabye you could have used the money to buy info on where the Paragone is gonna land or is supposed to land that might make more sense.

nikolai7
06-04-2006, 09:28
Sorry guys if you have been waiting on me I posted a few days ago but the computer must have crashed while it was posting.. Ill do it again now.. *curses crappy computers*

slaaneshes_own
06-04-2006, 10:28
Cheers B, amendment coming up in a mo

J

slaaneshes_own
06-04-2006, 12:41
My apologies for tardyness - family etc etc.

Right.

Name: Ichigo Pliskin

Ichigo was born into chaos. His mother died during childbirth, and his father beat him regularly, to take out his aggression about his wife's death. This caused the distinctive scarring on his back and arms. Once Ichigo's father had realised that it was not Ichigo himself that caused his wife to die, he stopped beating him, and instead, taught Ichigo various forms of hand-to-hand combat, for him to protect himself in the rougher areas of Philly which his son would soon frequent.

He left his education early - he dropped out when he was 16, and worked as a mechanic in his uncle's bike shop, repairing classic motorbikes. it was only when ichigo heard about the Metal Gear's and the people who controlled them did he finally realise what he wanted to do. He was sick of simple repair work, and decided that he wanted to build his own Metal Gear.

A thing of delicateness, and of intricacy

To do this however, he would need to learn the skills required. To do this, he set off to find anyone who knew about these creatures known as Metal Gear's.

It was for this reason that he bet his entire lifes savinngs on a greyhound race in a smokey backstreet bookies in Philly. This was his ticket, this was his last chance. If he blew this then he would have nothing else to do, nowhere else to go.

He sat on the edge of his seat, eyes unblinking,

just focused on the race. If he lost this, he lost all his money, and his uncle had sold his business for nothing.

The bell rang, and no-one knew who had won the bet.

Ichigo stood up, sniffed, and downed the rest of his beer, and began to shuffle out the door, when he heard the name "Last Chance". his dog. His ticket to Paragone.

Paragone. The place where he would make his dream come true. The place where he would learn the skills to create his own Metal Gear.

His dog came in first. He sniffed, bought another beer, downed it, and turned to the bookmaker.

"Right, I won, lets have what I need"
"You knew, you knew that blasted dog would win!"
"And? Our bet was that Last Chance would win, and he won! Give me my winnings"
"All right. Go to Lars Brischenko at the bar at the end of the street. He will give you what you need."

Once Ichigo had picked up his pack, containing all his possessions, he calmly strolled out of the bookies. Then, ran like a thing demented to the pub at the end of the street.

he walked in a smoke-filled room, with Heavy Metal bouncing around the place. He walked to what he assumed was the bar, and yelled on the top of his voice "Where can I find Lars?!"
"In the graveyard" came the reply from the person he assumed was the barkeep
"What the hell's he doing there?"
"Laying his son to rest"

With that he stormed out the pub without even stopping to buy a beer! He walked up to the nearest person and asked "Where is the bloody graveyard?!"
"That way, but if its Paragone you're after, you best go in the opposite direction. For Paragone will just bring you misery."
"It is Paragone I'm heading for, and it will bring me joy, and the one thing I lack in life."
"Would that be death then, young sir?"
"no, a purpose."

He headed in the general direction the man's shaking arm was pointing to.
After about 10 minutes walk, he arrived at the graveyard.

He had bad memories of this graveyard. This was where his mother was buried, and where his father was soon to be buried.

He went to his mother's grave and knelt, and said a little prayer to whoever was listening.

"What you doing there boy?" said a gruff voice which suggested this wasn't someone to mess with.
"Paying my respects to my mother" said Ichigo, with a hint of remorse in his voice
"Word has it that you are looking for Paragone"
Ichigo stood up, and turned to face the face of the
voice. It was the barman from the pub.

"You're Lars?"
"Yes"
"Why didn't you say before then?!"
"i needed a bit of anonymity. I'm a bit of an outlaw y'see?"
"Right. Okay, enough of this, where the hell is Paragone?"
"It'll cost you"
"Flop that - talk to the bookies on the corner of Wiltern and 64."
"No, I can't go there"
"Well, we made a bet that whoever won would get the information as to where Paragone is going to make berth. I won said bet, and you HAVE to give me this information"
"It's going to make berth at the docks behind Phoenix's"
"what, that some nightclub?"
"No, it was a casino."

With that he ran in the direction of the docking ports, to search for his prize,to search for his $50000 ticket to happiness. "You'll have to run, its leaving in 10 minutes!" That spurred him on to get to the docking port as fast as he could.

There it was, gleaming in the fading sunlight

Paragone.

He joined Paragone at the age of 19, and has not yet built his Metal Gear, but is making new friends who owe him several large favours, so by the time Paragone reaches its destination, Ichigo may well be on his way to his Metal Gear - "Rukia"

Hope this edit meets everyones approval, if any probs / etc, contact back.

Oh yeah, hoping to have a pic drawn up over the next day or two.

Thanks,

J

Bmaxwell
06-04-2006, 15:20
works for me.

biggreengribbly
06-04-2006, 15:48
Better than the last version.

Oh no, you're going to be bugging me for help with building this thing aren't you lol. Being the chief mechanic sucks!

Ah well, maybe I'll feed you to set or something :)

Bmaxwell
06-04-2006, 19:43
mmmmmm soft flesh

biggreengribbly
06-04-2006, 20:38
Hah. Mr pliskin, I hereby nickname you Lunch! So, are we going to assume he just sat in the corner while the rest of us met and..gret.. is that even a word?

Or are you going to introduce him later?

Bmaxwell
06-04-2006, 22:25
He will join on when we land.

Slanshe your going to "sneak" on board the paragone when it lands okay?

slaaneshes_own
06-04-2006, 22:51
Suits me guys, and Gribbs, you know me so well!

J

biggreengribbly
06-04-2006, 23:00
He will join on when we land.

Slanshe your going to "sneak" on board the paragone when it lands okay?

Oooh, does that mean I'm allowed to be grouchy with him?

Finally someone who isn't combat trained or special I can beat up lol.
Set's gonna have to go hungry, I've got some anger management issues to work out :)

Don't worry, I'll let you hide till we take off at least.

slaaneshes_own
06-04-2006, 23:16
Better had do!!! Although, you obviously haven't read my char's profile thoroughly - it says in the first paragraph that he is taught in a variety of hand to hand combat disciplines.

p0ned!!!

J

biggreengribbly
06-04-2006, 23:37
Aaaargh. OMFG, am I the only person on board not trained in the mystical arts of screwing other people who are mean to me?

Btw dude, I took a whooping from 'the joy' because that guy is an exo-suited metal gear hunter. Let's see your 'fighting styles' even scratch the paintwork on my military grade armour plated rather heavey metal behind!

Konrad_Curze II
06-04-2006, 23:54
im not, but if your a normal bloke without armour i could knock u down with a stiff right if you get in the way

biggreengribbly
07-04-2006, 00:00
Lol, fair enough then. So I was overreacting.

Besides, you can just squash people with your gear. Why bother getting you're hands dirty :)

Commander X
07-04-2006, 13:58
Wait a minute, we're currently outnumbered 21 to 3 (4?), that's bad... Perhaps we should start acting heroic by now, or we're going to be in trouble. ;)

Now, how do I destroy 7 Gears with just two shots. :angel:

Konrad_Curze II
07-04-2006, 14:13
make it so there all in a line and fire that main gun again....
that would damn well kill them off!

biggreengribbly
07-04-2006, 16:38
I don't think many of them are anywhere near full size gears. 'cuase that would just be silly.

Commander X
07-04-2006, 16:43
Well, the original 8 Stalkers are around the same size (Those three-eyed things, if they can get an arm around Goliath they must be big.) Then the 'chicken' Gear is also certainly big enough. (Look at the picture and compare the Gear to it's controller.) Wether the rest is big enough or not is up to debate, but there has to be some reason the complex has massive doors...

biggreengribbly
07-04-2006, 17:17
Yeah, so you can blow them up and crush all the hostile gears in one go

Bmaxwell
07-04-2006, 19:18
the largest one is the leader which takes about the the entire height of the doors.

besides the chicken the rest of the gears are around the size of the close combat gears (the one with 3 eyes)

well you have back up if you need it. just remember that.

biggreengribbly
07-04-2006, 21:10
Haha, release the my psychotic pal upon them. That'll be a laugh. 'Set smash'
:)