PDA

View Full Version : Base size for beasts of nurgle?

Time of Madness
26-12-2010, 23:32
What's the proper base size for Beasts of Nurgle?

I've seen them on 40mm bases and 50mm bases.
Time of Madness

solkan
27-12-2010, 08:57
If you go down to the store and buy one off of the shelf, it should come with 40mm bases. And looking at the army book color prints, most of the the group shots all appear to show the models on 40mm bases.

Just keep in mind that it's easier to put a 40mm base on a 50mm movement tray (or a 50mm square base) than it is to do the reverse, if this is for your own models.

DaemonReign
27-12-2010, 10:45
They're 40mm.

And they don't need Movement-trays.. sheesh.:)

Edit: And even if you are insane and need a movement-tray for them it's not gonna work very well 'cause however you put them on those 40mm bases they are gonna stick out all over the place.. worse than Bloodletters to put beside each other...

Palatine Katinka
28-12-2010, 01:21
I think his point was that it's easier to turn a 40mm base into a 50mm one if it turned out that was the size needed. Simply stick the 40mm base to a larger square rather than having to completely replace the base.

DaemonReign
28-12-2010, 16:59
I think his point was that it's easier to turn a 40mm base into a 50mm one if it turned out that was the size needed. Simply stick the 40mm base to a larger square rather than having to completely replace the base.

Aaah!

Sorry you're probably correct!

But then... Why would you ever want to do such a thing? Beasts of Nurgle suck as they are last they need is for another set of dudes being able to hit them in CC!

(??)

Palatine Katinka
28-12-2010, 18:50
The only reason you would want to is if that was what you were supposed to do. I don't think the poster was sure about which was correct so was suggesting a "better safe than sorry" approach. As it turns out 40mm is correct and there is no need to worry.