PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine - Cygnar

Drogmir
27-12-2010, 03:06
Well here we go, after much prodding from my friends and general unhappiness with the way Warhammer Fantasy and 40K has been going lately I caved and started playing Warmachine.

Keep in mind that I took these pictures at night so the colors are much more saturated due to my lamp light.

1. The Charger was the first model I got completely done several months ago, hence the dust.
2. The Lancer I had mostly done several months ago but finished him off recently, hence the dust.
3. Red Head Long gunner, I didn't like how he turned out to be honest, but I don't know where to go with him.
4. Black Hair Long gunner I feel neutral about him, although if you noticed I put a wash on the white robe part. Not sure if that's better or worse.
5. Non goggles long gunner I was generally happy with how he turned out, except his eyes are a pain so I only did his right eye.
6. Brown Hair Long Gunner, whatever
7. Other Black haired long gunner generally happy with him too.
8. Blonde Leader - Very happy with how he turned out.
9. Kara Sloan and Jr. Warcaster, they're about 75% done. With the Jr. I don't like her boots but I don't want to make the colors blue or brown. Sort of at an impasse there.

We'll see where this goes, and feel free to make recommendations on what to do next.

CheesyRobMan
28-12-2010, 16:41
Looking good so far! I have a Cygnar force that I'm working on myself, although I haven't painted any Long Gunners yet - went for Stormblades first. I shall keep an eye on your progress :)

Keravin
28-12-2010, 16:53
Nice to see more Warmachine around here. What next after these guys?

Drogmir
28-12-2010, 21:53
Nice to see more Warmachine around here. What next after these guys?

Well finishing Sloan and the Jr. is #1 on the list.

but after...

Thinking about picking up a squad of Gun Mages, here's the catch though.

I'll be painting them in the theme of the Order of the Amethyst Rose (Black/White with purple & gold trims).

They're essentially a Llael resistance team made up of gun mage nobles that are in cannon.

I'll just say they're helping out my Cygnar army a little.

Keravin
29-12-2010, 09:17
I'm painting Lael gun mages at the moment, but to allow them to go back to Caine at some points I've gone with greys and limited purple so that they won't be too disconcerting if I use them with Cygnar.

basher
29-12-2010, 13:28
nice to see another warmachine plog on here nice stuff will sub

Drogmir
01-01-2011, 03:45
I bought the Merc warcaster Ashlynn D'Elyse because I'm now going to be swapping my gunmages from battle to battle accordingly.

In a strange twist of fate, when gluing Ash together I found out that she had two right arms.

That's right they gave me two of her gun arms in the package and no sword arm.

Going to return it.

Funny but also annoying considering the place I bought it from is a 30 minute drive from my house.

basher
01-01-2011, 10:14
if you dont mind waiting just conntact privteer's missing parts there useally prety good

Drogmir
08-01-2011, 02:19
I got these guys done about 2 weeks ago, but haven't had much time to put them online. So here we are.

1. The Defender, mostly done except for the purple (Lack of Purple Inks) and the Base cause I'm just lazy.

2. Sloan is done, but the picture does her no favors. Also the model's face was kind of weird to work with already. If there's a problem with Warmachine models it's that I've noticed that their female models are either a hit or miss when it comes to faces.

Sloan is in the miss region.

Drogmir
06-06-2011, 09:13
Well hot damn it's been awhile.

I've decided to switch over to Epic Caine instead, and I've gotten a much better handle on how the game plays.

This is my army list so far, (trying to expand into Rangers and eEyriss as the next step.)

Captain Allister Caine

Stormclad

Squire
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer

Defender
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
1 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner

Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist

FabricatorGeneralMike
06-06-2011, 22:38
I bought the Merc warcaster Ashlynn D'Elyse because I'm now going to be swapping my gunmages from battle to battle accordingly.

In a strange twist of fate, when gluing Ash together I found out that she had two right arms.

That's right they gave me two of her gun arms in the package and no sword arm.

Going to return it.

Funny but also annoying considering the place I bought it from is a 30 minute drive from my house.

She is the first PP model I have ever assembled or painted and I must say I am impressed with her. I think she one very nice looking model. Can't wait to finish painting her. =o]