PDA

View Full Version : Angron's weapons?

ORKY ARD BOYZ
27-12-2010, 09:05
I've found sources that Angron's chain axe was either called God Tearer or Gore Father. Can anyone confirm which one it was?

Nubl0
27-12-2010, 09:14
I believe he had both, but one was called gore child. Which is now in possesion of Kharn.

mob16151
27-12-2010, 11:00
Before becoming a DP Angron wielded two chain axes, Gorechild and Gorefather. I know that Kharn now has Gorechild. I don't know what happened to Gorefather.

Ultrasmurf
27-12-2010, 11:32
During the great crusade and the heresy Angron used the chainaxes Gorefather and gorechild he gave Gorechild to Kharn and gave Gorefather to Lorgar to cement his loyalty to Horus. Gorefather was placed on the Furious abyss. After the heresy Angron used the blade called the black blade.

Quetch
27-12-2010, 15:25
I havent read battle for the abyss in a while, but didnt he use a larger 2 handed chainaxe before gorechild and gorefather were forged, and that was what he gave to lorgar? in which case, that could be godtearer.

Iuris
27-12-2010, 16:33
I do believe Angron was posessed of two hands with opposable thumbs and could use just about any weapon he wanted, be it the pair of chainaxes, a chainglaive, a runesword or a bloody rock...

Sandlemad
27-12-2010, 19:40
I do believe Angron was posessed of two hands with opposable thumbs and could use just about any weapon he wanted, be it the pair of chainaxes, a chainglaive, a runesword or a bloody rock...

Yep, seems all the Primarchs, as the nascent Imperium's warrior-princes and sons of the Emperor, had extensive personal armouries. Consider how often they seem to give each other fine swords, guns, maces, whatever as gifts.

Angron may've taken to this tendency to own a large array of weapons less than his brothers (being a no-nonsense butcher) or perhaps moreso (being an ex-gladiator, the finest of his world, and skilled with numerous types of arms).

ORKY ARD BOYZ
28-12-2010, 00:23
Oh ok, quickly, because I don't think it deserves its own thread, was Desh'ea a location where Angron made his stand or the name of the planet?

Angron also looks a bit like Kratos on the cover of Tales of Heresy.

Gdolkin
28-12-2010, 00:58
By the Bloody Bones of the Blood God, Kratos is exactly how Angron should look pre-daemon prince. Good call sir.
DeSh'ea is the place name, not the name of the world.

fantasypisces
28-12-2010, 01:57
I'm actually reading Battle for the Abyss right now, and found this thread during a break.

Here it is:

There within an ornate glass cabinet, forged of obsidian and brass and once wielded by Angron's hand, was a chainaxe. Decked with teeth of glinting black stone, it's haft wrapped in the skin of some monstrous lizard, he knew it instinctively to be Brazentooth, the former blade of his primarch.
Until the forging of Gorefather and Gorechild, the twin axes Angron now wilded, Brazentooth had been as much a symbol of Angron's relentlessness and independance as it was a mere weapon."

Brazentooth was the weapon gifted to Lorgar.

Quotations taken from: Counter, Ben. Battle For the Abyss. Great Britain: Black Library Publishing, 2008. Pg. 266.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
28-12-2010, 02:20
Found the God Tearer reference from Lexicanum: "A few even whisper that Angron himself killed Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands, with several mighty blows from his Chainaxe, God Tearer."

Of course, Angron didn't kill Ferrus, but I think it's probable he had a whole armoury of chain thingies, all with suitably nice names.

Iuris
28-12-2010, 07:06
Well, he sure seems to have had a preference for chain weapons. The rippy bits probably spoke to something in him...

ctsteel
28-12-2010, 19:46
Perhaps one of his first acts when given Daemon Princehood, and the body-changing abilities that such gifts include, was to form a gleaming set of chain-teeth to replace the boring not-killy-enough human originals in his mouth.

I do find it odd that a being dedicated to bloody carnage etc and who favoured large brutal weapons (ie chainaxes) should change to the relatively simple, almost graceful weapon that is a sword once he swore to Horus. I can't recall any details about the Black Blade but it must have had some serious appeal to Angron for him to use it in preference to other weapons more in line with his methods.

w00tm0ng3r
28-12-2010, 22:03
Didn't some of the old fluff talk about him waving a flaming sword at the siege of Terra?

Grubnar
29-12-2010, 18:51
I do find it odd that a being dedicated to bloody carnage etc and who favoured large brutal weapons (ie chainaxes) should change to the relatively simple, almost graceful weapon that is a sword once he swore to Horus. I can't recall any details about the Black Blade but it must have had some serious appeal to Angron for him to use it in preference to other weapons more in line with his methods.

I would guess it was the mother of all Deamon weapons!