28 Bloodletters of Khorne @
FCG; Icon of Endless War

3 Fiends of Slaanesh @
1 Fiends of Slaanesh @
6 Flamers of Tzeench @
7 Chaos Furies @
7 Chaos Furies @

Total Army Cost: 2400

Tournament is limited so no more songs, flamers and I cant make core units bigger. Im thinkin about 3rd unit of furies. Fast unit with 9Ld and stubborn sounds awesome. But I think 2 is enough. So any ideas how to make this list more cheese?

thesheriff
28-12-2010, 17:24
Looks pretty good. 3 minor gripes;

*Get rid of the 125pt standard. Your horrors will be 5x6 anyways, so stubborn usually, and the bloodletters should be winning most of the time. Use the extra points for standard of despair and masque (if you have a sutible model for her).

*Make the fiends equal. I see your thinking but the one will get shot pretty quickly as the easier target.

*Drop pyrocaster for an extra Fury.

thesheriff

Paz
28-12-2010, 21:33
*Get rid of the 125pt standard. Your horrors will be 5x6 anyways, so stubborn usually, and the bloodletters should be winning most of the time. Use the extra points for standard of despair and masque (if you have a sutible model for her).Kidding, right? I'm not taking this Icon for horrors or letters. Horrors won't fight and letters should just do their job, they won't lose a combat.

*Make the fiends equal. I see your thinking but the one will get shot pretty quickly as the easier target.1 fiend is not enough. If I take 2x2 instead it won't be any good. I want my opponent to hit this 1 fiend, but if he decides to focus on my 3-man strong unit I got bigger chance I won't end up with just one. This unit is designed for archers.

*Drop pyrocaster for an extra Fury.Option for a challange/better shooting odds or another ws3 s4 t3 model, let me think... :)

thesheriff
28-12-2010, 22:06
The fiends and furies are menouverable enough not to charged. And the flamets will stand and shoot the bulk of the enemy. I'd rather have that slaaneshmagic at -2 ld

That's a very assuming plan. In a tournament situation, you'll come up against armies that have alot of firepower, or none atall. They'll either wack both units with shooting, or beat both in combat. So, won't make a difference. Better to either combine, or divide equally.

Your also forgetting the extra wound, attack and the option to split them in 3. Let me think.....

philbrad2
28-12-2010, 22:44
Please don't quote statlines/individual point costs straight from a GW army book/codex please. Individual points costs from OP removed.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)

RMacDeezy
29-12-2010, 03:26
Kidding, right? I'm not taking this Icon for horrors or letters. Horrors won't fight and letters should just do their job, they won't lose a combat.

so i'm assuming you're taking it for either the GD or the furies? the GD's not going to lose combat unless she's fighting S4 infantry with GW, in which case CR is the least of her worries. and what is the point of all those furies? even within range of the banner, they'll struggle to do anything. sure they can kill WM, but they'll take possibly 2 turns to do it. and why no MoS on the HoT? lore of tzeentch is garbage unless you know the whole lore. likewise, you have only 2 useful spells in the slaanesh lore coupled with the magic missiles from the horrors. i haven't seen a set up like this before, i'm curious how you use it.

Option for a challange/better shooting odds or another ws3 s4 t3 model, let me think... :)

well statistically, the pyro will net you an extra 0.2 wounds or so per turn, basically the same that fury is going to do to a WM crew. not sure why you think the pyro is a no-brainer when statistically, he's not. personally, i would drop the furies and the stubborn banner for another core unit and get MoS on your herald, but i have a feeling you won't do that so instead i'd just like to hear how you use the army. many of your choices are considered sub-par in daemonic circles but they're obviously in your list for a reason. care to share your secrets?

FatByChoice
29-12-2010, 03:33
I've played as and played against Daemons. I don't see how this is at all cheesey. I'm trying to figure out what exactly you're doing with the Herald with the Standard of Chaos Glory. Seems like you're trying to use the Herald + Furies + Greater Daemon to try to out flank the opponents unit. That just seems like alot of points dumped into poor units. The herald is easily killable and even with being stubborn and 9ld Furies aren't that solid of a unit. They're alright for warmachine hunting, but a well built army will have somthing to counter that.

Add some information as to what exactly the plan is for countering stuff like Dwarf gun lines that would most likely rip this list apart and combat heavy lists like WoC. Just interested to see if I'm missing some ingenious trick.

*edit: RMacDeezy beat me to most of my post.

Paz
11-01-2011, 17:15
so fa I played 1 game with this list:

vs Bretonia
archers, errants, grals, pegaz, machines
big sorc, gen with asf and HKB, bsb with wardsave reroll, 2x palladin on pegasus with immune to fire

I start. Horros in the middle left to them were letters and kots on the right. I moved my units as far as I could. used furies to screen so does single fiend. 3 fiens on left flank went for archers and machines. flamers killed archers and hide in the woods (right flank). Forced my oppont to use scroll.
Next turn. I used Siren Song on gral knight, opp decided to add a palladin to this fight... and 12 for roll to charge :), same for palladin 11 I think. Errants charged furries. machines did not much, same for magic. Combat. Kots challenges general, drops him to 1 wound and recived a HKB hit. Ward, yes, reroll, no. Errants dropped furies to 3.
Next turn. I charge 1 machine with furies and 3 fiends are taking care of archers. letters flanks errants, smash them and reforms to go for grails. fiends overrun and are rdy to charge a 2nd machine. I fly away with herald cause horrs were about to recive a charge from palladins.

Next turns was like: letters vs gral knights till the very end (only bsb left, and maybe 12 letters), palladins vs horrors won with them in 5th round, due to my flank charge with singe fiend (bonus cr did it!). Everything left exept kots and herald of khorn. my opp ended up with bsb only. 1200 in piont diference (we counted units dropped to half their models).

game was easy, didnt think much. anyway I know what should I try for the next game.

Kots: 1lvl and gets soul hunger
herald of tzntch with spell breaker and master of sorc with life lore
horrors dropped to 21 and are w/o magic baner and musician now.

Next game vs WoCh in two days :)