PDA

View Full Version : Clan Skryre, fun theme or gunline?

Boss Zagstruk
29-12-2010, 16:20
Ive always been fond of clan skryre, the idea of wacky weapons that arnt totally safe has always seemed fun. While ive always liked this theme ive never thought to collect them because ive always thought the ranged lacked a little. So after seeing todays advance orders i want a skryre army lead by Ikit Claw himself. I just want to know whats best to include in this list without making the list feel static, i remeber the SAD skaven armies of past.
thanks.

Malorian
29-12-2010, 16:52
Ever since the fall of the ratling gun and massed magic the SAD list became a thing of the past.

In a true themed army Ikit Claw is fairly expensive, and everyone will be happy to see no HPA :) So I think you are in the clear.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
29-12-2010, 17:00
I think it can be a fun list as long that you don't go over the top with the shooting. I owned a skyre army during 6ed and that was a horror to play against and it wasn't fun to use.

Cheers,
G

w3rm
29-12-2010, 17:02
Skryre isnt that nasty at all compared to HPA. A doomwheel, some globadiers, a wlc some jezzails and some weapon teams and some shooty warlocks and plenty of clanrats and youve got a great army!

Boss Zagstruk
29-12-2010, 17:36
I was thinking roughly id include:
Ikit Claw, 2 warlocks and a bsb
3 40 strong clan rats with doom flayer and 2 30 strong slave units
2 units of 5 jezzails, 10 poison wind globadiers with motar.
2 WL cannon and 2 doomwheels.

Its about 2500 and needs some ironing out :) thought.

Malorian
29-12-2010, 17:38
Needs more cowbell!

for a theme list I would drop one WLC and DW to make the slaves clanrats and add different weapon teams (ratling gun and flame)

DeathlessDraich
30-12-2010, 16:42
I was thinking roughly id include:
Ikit Claw, 2 warlocks and a bsb
3 40 strong clan rats with doom flayer and 2 30 strong slave units
2 units of 5 jezzails, 10 poison wind globadiers with motar.
2 WL cannon and 2 doomwheels.

Its about 2500 and needs some ironing out :) thought.

A themed army is always welcome - so don't detract from it.

I used to play with/ and against a SAD 6 Ratling guns, 16 Jezzails, 3 Warlock Engineers etc.
:D

Some suggestions:

1) Change Slave unit to 1 X 50 or 2 X 50 and remove 1 Clanrat unit

2) 4 X5 Globadiers each with a Death Globe and Poisoned Wind Mortar and ranked 1 or 2 wide

3) I've never seen 2 Doomwheels being more effective against the enemy instead of slaying Skaven.
Consider having just 1.

Otherwise the list looks good.

CrystalSphere
30-12-2010, 17:53
I think you should try to avoid using too many skryre "toys", and instead try to personalise the other troops (clanrats, stormvermin etc.) to look more like skryre. I say this because even if you donīt want a gunline, by using a lot of the skryre units (all shooty units), you are pretty much making a gunline army give or take. What i mean is that it may be more fun (for your opponent and probably to you as well) to play an army that looks like a horde of rats + several skryre toys, rather than a few rats + a lot of skryre toys.

rodmillard
31-12-2010, 13:31
I think, in moderation, it could be a really good theme (I'm a Pestilens man myself, but hey).

If money is no object, you could always include a few of these:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490058a&prodId=prod1120027

to personalise your units.

Boss Zagstruk
31-12-2010, 18:20
While were on the subject of skryre what do you guys think are the best weapons teams to use? Thanks.

theorox
31-12-2010, 21:34
While were on the subject of skryre what do you guys think are the best weapons teams to use? Thanks.

I'm not a Skaven player, but the general consensus seems to be that Warpfirethrowers are AWESOME, PW mortars are great, and the rest is pretty good too. :)

Theo

unwanted
01-01-2011, 19:25
Use lots of Globadiers, and maybe even lots of Warlocks with just a pistol/Musket or Death Globe. Like a retinue for Ikit Claw, a gaggle of assistants scampering around...

w3rm
01-01-2011, 22:07
On the skaven thread we discuessed the bonus of having lots of cheap pistol warlocks and decided it wasnt really worth it.

For 1 str 5 shot with 24" range and 30 points you could have a jezzail which is str 6 36" range and is only 20 points and doesnt take up nice hero points.

If you want a shooty char play elves not skaven unless your using magic.

Brother Alexos
01-01-2011, 23:40
If you go for alot of warmachines, try adding in large units of Slaves, because we all know how skaven treat slaves.

w3rm
01-01-2011, 23:54
Very very poorly. :D

Col. Dash
02-01-2011, 00:29
I wouldnt have an issue with a Skyre army, it would be the only skaven army I would be happy to play against. For one the no brainer- Storm Banner would be absent and if it was used, it would hurt the skaven player more than my army for once. As long as nothing in particular was spammed in cookie cutter units it would be cool. I would run this army if I was to play skaven, doomwheels, cannon, Stormvermin, and other cool gizmos.

w3rm
02-01-2011, 01:03
I think an eshin list would be the most fun list to play though :D

Ratbeast
02-01-2011, 03:52
I think an eshin list would be the most fun list to play though :D

Most under powered for sure, poor eshin got hit with the nerf stick so bad, pretty much all the units they have are sub par.....

w3rm
02-01-2011, 04:34
I always though eshin should have a rare unit of gun totin', bomb carryin', whirlwhind o' knives adepts.

theorox
02-01-2011, 17:58
I'd use a large unit of Stormvermin, modelled in powersuits like Ikit, sort of. Or with something powerfist-like. But Warhammery. :D

Theo

Artinam
02-01-2011, 19:57
Thats is actually a pretty cool idea. Maybe going to borrow that...