PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Farseer's.... overpowered? cheesy?

Crusaderobr
29-12-2010, 17:41
Hey guys I have friends who think that Farseer's are too overpowered and cheesy. They say Doom is broken and that it is the most overpowered ability in the game, and that the only reason why I win most of the time is because im casting doom every turn. They also say runes of warding is broken and overpowered even though I have told them that space marine librarians do roughly the same thing just without the increased perils of the warp chance. I have tried to reason with them that they are indeed powerful abilities, but not overpowered or broken. What is everyones else opinion on this? It has come to the point where one of my friends doesnt even want to play against my balanced Mech Eldar list anymore.

Michaelius
29-12-2010, 17:44
Proxy dual lash with 9 obliterators or SW with 3 rune priests loaded with jaws, tempest and hurricanes and ask them if they still think doom is overpowered.

dragonet111
29-12-2010, 17:47
I think your friend need to meet Mr rune priest and JotWW:).
Of course Eldar psychics abilities are powerful, they should be powerful and no I don't think they are overpowered.
Actually they are far from cheesy.

Culgore
29-12-2010, 17:47
Or they could kill your farseer, that generally ends the Doom casting

Thud
29-12-2010, 17:53
Your friends are hilarious.

You should have them go against SW Razorback spam, film it, put it on Youtube and send me the link. If they think Farseers are cheesy, they're in for a rude awakening.

Johnmclane
29-12-2010, 17:54
Gw will probably make farseers better in the next codex. Don't think they'll change the powers but probably lower the points-tag on them. The Craftworld eldar are a bit underpowered in everything right now ... so let them whine. You need the farseers in your army anyways. They are a key part of eldar strategy

Crusaderobr
29-12-2010, 17:57
Thats the sad part. I know Eldar are slightly underpowered right now in 5th Edition. Our tanks are overcosted, we need more options for troops, and we need cheaper and more anti tank heavy weapon platforms. I believe Farseers will become more powerful in the next codex, when it eventually comes out. I cant wait, its gonna be alot of fun, but I may have to find a new group of poeple to play with lol.

Johnmclane
29-12-2010, 18:05
I play eldar, which are fun. Then I followed my old dream of getting an imperial guard army, but after buying 2000 pts I realised it's to powerful to be fun to play (chimeraspam and all that, and yes , I tend to get everything I want, no cost too much) so I shelved it.

Well, now I bought a 2000 pts dark eldar army and that is a fun army to play. Fast and fragile, a bit of the same playstyle as CWE and you have to think like with eldar.
So if I was you I'd add a DE force in the waiting to return to the glory of craftworld eldar

dragonet111
29-12-2010, 18:05
Just out of curiosity. What are the armies your friends are playing?

dingareth
29-12-2010, 18:10
So they're not using Hoods are they? Well, it goes to show what their caliber is for sure.

Castigator
29-12-2010, 18:14
So they're not using Hoods are they? Well, it goes to show what their caliber is for sure.

Assuming they have access to Hoods.

Crusaderobr
29-12-2010, 18:20
My friend plays Tyranid and Tau. the other plays space marines ( and yes he has used librarians before ).

Aliarzathanil
29-12-2010, 18:58
You could point out that it's actually impossible to kill anything with Doom.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
29-12-2010, 19:04
Farseers are certainly not overpowered, they are simply powerful when used correctly, as you are obviously doing. They are one of the main things which allows Eldar to still be mildly competitive, without them Eldar don't stand much of a chance.

dingareth
29-12-2010, 19:07
My friend plays Tyranid and Tau. the other plays space marines ( and yes he has used librarians before ).

Tell both your friends to go Here. (http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/) They're probably not playing their armies to their full potential if they're complaining about Doom. If nothing else than Kirby's armies in 5th series should set them on the right track.