- Fullcommand
Total 400pts

Special: 400pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 205pts

contenthumbug
30-12-2010, 15:16
Seems very small even for a WoC army, you could do with some marauders, just for rank bonuses

logan054
30-12-2010, 18:59
Cheers, I actually tried a unit of marauders on foot at first however i found they just got shoot to bits in like a turn or two, by the time they reached they combat they lacked the numbers to actually do anything.

Tenzing
30-12-2010, 23:37
Yeah, I feel your pain on Marauder foot Logan.

I take it you're planning on a fast flank to pin the enemy in place with all the beasts and fast cav. ?

logan054
30-12-2010, 23:58
I think the only way I can see marauders getting across the table is MoT and a BSB with blastered standard, as for the tactics hounds are more for drawing out deployment, moving cover, drawing enemy fire away from prime units, zipping through small gaps to hit warmachines, flank guard, redirecting charges or just zooming ahead to lock important enemy units in position via angling them away from my units.

Fast cav certainly zip down the flank, try and hit light units, take out warmachines, today I also used them to lock a dragon on position so it couldn't charge my hellcannon which gave me time to to actually charge the dragon and lord with my hellcannon and actually kill it (was only a moon dragon but funny none the less).

I am starting to think however that I actually do more damage in combat with my hellcannon than I do with shooting! awesome tarpit!

I have also been trying to figure what is the best way to actually use my sorcerer lord, the other day I used him against HE in 3k, had 3rd eye and didnt use it once, I have bee finding however that the ranged spells in lore of Tzeentch just don't do enough damage. Its makes units like SM rather hard to deal with unless you get a lucky roll on gateway, I have been wondering what really is the best lore to use with the army, after having a proper look at the lores I think I have it down to either Lore of Heavens or lore of Fire.

logan054
06-01-2011, 23:48
I have revised my list somewhat, in general I am happy with it but the only thing I still can't seem to get right is the damned wizard, I went against my better judgement and tried a Tzeentch wizard again and wasn't happy.

Really want I am looking for is advise for a wizard that complements the army well, my problem is I just can't decide on one :(

Sorcerer Lord
- lvl4
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Tailsman of Endurance
- 3rd eye of Tzeentch
Total 345pts

Lords: 345pts

Exalted Champion
- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut
- Great Weapon
- Charmed shield
- Talismans of Preservation
Total 333pts

Heroes: 333pts

18 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Nurgle
- Standard
- Musician
- Great Weapons
- Banner of Rage
Total 389pts

19 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Standard
- musician
- Shields
- Blastered Standard
Total 382

10 Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Khorne
- Flails
- Musician
Total 186pts

5 Warhounds
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds
Total 30pts

Core: 1017pts

8 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Fullcommand
Total 400pts

Special: 400pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 205pts

tmarichards
07-01-2011, 02:21
Mark of Khorne and halberd will do a better job than Nurgle. Great weapons are a no-no for Warriors, the extra point of strength is really not worth losing the benefit of I5. If you're worried about high armour stuff, take the Razor Standard.

Personally, I'm not sold on fast cav that can't shoot, but if they work for you then by all means keep them.

With regards to the problem of marauders getting shot up- that's why you run them in blocks of 50. The models are... well, a matter of personal opinion I suppose... but 300pts worth of Marauders with great weapons and Mark of Khorne will beat 300pts worth of Warriors with halberds and mark of Khorne every day of the week. Khorne Marauders with great weapons are, quite simply, the best unit in the game for their points.

The level 4 looks good as he is, making sure he has a 3+ ward is a must when he's on his own (I'm not familiar with the item names and don't have m book to hand, so if he already has that then ignore me). With Lore of Tzeentch, you have the uber spell in Gateway, as well as the ability to shut down enemy magic phases with Pandaemonium. Another things that he really needs is to be on a Disc. I kind of wrote this paragraph assuming he was on a disc, if he's not the proxy him on one for a few games and see how he goes. Just be sure make it clear to your opponents!

One thing to bear in mind with the hero is that he won't get a look out, sir. I'm guessing that's why he's got the Charmed Shield? If so, good plan. Just remember that with the great weapon, he can't use it combat. I'd also consider taking a different weapon, maybe a cheap magic weapon. Mainly because the great weapon is a bit wasted on him, and also because it's always nice to have another way to kill wraiths instead of relying on Flickering Fire.

logan054
07-01-2011, 11:12
Well they have banner of rage so MoN makes them hard to kill with ranged attacks and makes it so WS 3 hits them on a 5+, I would rather have that than MoK, halberd and razor standard (razor standard is just to many points). When it comes down to it CW with great weapons and frenzy are great at dealing with units with T4 and good to reasonable armour. Halberds are good at dealing with units with T3 and reasonable amour, it simply comes down to army synergy.

With that in mind I just haven't been feeling like lore of Tzeentch is really doing the job for me, gateway is ok but honestly i have found fireball is more effective, If I am honest all the lores in the BRB look far more attractive!

As for hero your hunch was right, No LoS is he has a charmed shield and wardsave, the build is very effective, had him take on a HE lord on a moon dragon and win last night and win, I was using Ogre blade and charmed shield but I think that was doing well due to luck more than anything.

You are right 50 marauders if it made it across the table indeed would beat a unit of chaos warriors, 50 marauders however are never going to make it into combat at full strength, I would expect that would lose atleast 15 before combat, the khorne warriors would kill another 14 which would only leave you with 21 guys, out of those 21 guys only 16 could attack which would what cause 7 wounds, have no steadfast, break and die. Its even worse if you play against HE or DE, they get in combat and die.