PDA

View Full Version : Two WoC lists, which list is better?

guardian angel
31-12-2010, 10:54
I'm trying to get a good 2k list I am happy with (it's hard at 2k!).

I have come up two lists I kinda like but was wondering which people thought was better.

The lists:

List 1:

Heroes:
Sorcerer(lvl2)+MoT+Collar of Khorne+spell fam+charm shield+Iron Curse Icon+3rd eye=215
Ex hero(BSB)+MoT+halberd+tals o preservation=194

Core:
19 warriors+MoT+shields+fc+rapturous std=374
42 marauders+MoK+gw+m+sb=252
5 warhounds
5 warhounds

Special:
17 chosen+MoT+shields+halberds+fc+favour of the gods+std of discipline=430
6 Trolls

Rare:
Hellcannon

List 2:

Lord:
Sorcerer lord(lvl4)+armour of destiny+necrotic phylactery+iron curse icon=335

Heroes:

Core:
5 warhounds
5 warhounds

Special:
17 chosen+MoT+shields+halberds+fc+favour of the gods+banner of rage=450

Rare:
Hellcannon
Warshrine

I like list 1 as it contains more troops but am scared I'll get hammered in the magic phase with only a level2 (although I coped in my first try with that list!).

List 2 seems more powerful to me somehow, but I get less troops on the ground. Am also undecided if I should go for shadow or heavens on the level4?

Would be glad to hear peoples opinions:)

Eta
31-12-2010, 12:18
I'd go for list number 1. You should be able to stop the most dangerous spells with the level 2 and more troops on the field is always a good thing to have.

Demon-cookie
31-12-2010, 12:28
what lore does the sorcerer lord use in list 2? shadow could be fun

guardian angel
31-12-2010, 16:31
Either shadow or heavens. I'm just not sure which one would be better.

I've used shadows before but really missed not having any ranged damage spells.

Heavens gives me ranged damage spells but not as good hexes!

Hence I can't decide;)

Archaon999
01-01-2011, 05:01
list 2 and shadow always shadow

logan054
01-01-2011, 08:29
I would say that list one is the better of the two however I think it could use some tweaking.

Sorcerer(lvl2)+MoT+Collar of Khorne+spell fam+charm shield+Iron Curse Icon+3rd eye=215

If you have 3rd eye i wouldn't bother with spell familiar, I also wouldn't bother with Iron curse icon, just take you wardsave (preservation) and charmed shield. Collar of khorne is ok but I find its rare i come across spells that i really need MR against. If someone takes a lore of metal mage its usually a lvl2 and I just make sure I kill it damned quick.

I think your sorcerer will need the wardsave more as he is easier to kill in combat, with that in mind I would go with
Talisman of endurance, SoM and shield, dragon helm and a halberd is also a option if you are worried about lore of metal picking out characters of id you want to take advantage of peoples fear of models with regen.

Core:

blastered standard on this unit, with the high save, high amount of attacks and great resistance to shooting it shouldn't be that hard to have at least equal ranks to a enemy unit.

5 warhounds
5 warhounds

All fine

Special:
17 chosen+MoT+shields+halberds+fc+favour of the gods+std of discipline=430

I have found chosen are just to many points for what they do, I guess if you want to try for the 3+ wardsave then the terror banner is what you really want.

6 Trolls

fine

Hellcannon

I love this thing!

Either shadow or heavens. I'm just not sure which one would be better.

I've used shadows before but really missed not having any ranged damage spells.

Heavens gives me ranged damage spells but not as good hexes!

Hence I can't decide;)

Ever thought of using lore of fire! great ranged spells, good buffs, default spells is amazing, you don't need the hexes to so much when you caste flaming sword on you unit, +1 to wound is so much better than +1strength, wound a stank on a 5+, yes please

Fubar
01-01-2011, 08:52
The list I use, is very similar, but instead of chosen I take Throgg, war shrine and a chariot, it's works pretty well so far.
My lvl 2 takes tzeentch and hopes for pandemonium, getting that off really messes up there magic phase, either by spending dice to dispel or forgetting and miscasting which usually is nasty along with Infernal puppet.

guardian angel
01-01-2011, 14:32
The list I use, is very similar, but instead of chosen I take Throgg, war shrine and a chariot, it's works pretty well so far.
My lvl 2 takes tzeentch and hopes for pandemonium.

So if you take Throgg I guess you don't have a bsb?

I agree in that I like the idea of tzeentch on my level 2. How are you finding your warshrine and chariot are working out?

Marked_by_chaos
02-01-2011, 21:58
lose a handful of marauders and take Tzeentch for your level 4 sorceror. Arguably the best deck in the game. Pure awesome and you get a better ward save and +1 to cast