PDA

View Full Version : An Eldar idea....

captian Maklai
01-01-2011, 15:44
Now after pouring over the Eldar codex i happen to have I've been reading a particular bit about the solitaire quite a bit, and I've always been intrigued by harlequin armies.

And after getting back into one of my favorite DS games Castlevania Dawn of sorrow i happened upon an idea. It just so happens that my to favorite bosses in the game are Zephyr And Paranoia, both harlequin-ey styled characters. So i thought what a great idea it would be to sculpt one or both of these characters and have them in an eldar army as the solitaire or other harlequin character. What'dya think? Good idea?

captian Maklai
01-01-2011, 16:00
Here are Paranoia and Zephyr from the game :)

Hendarion
01-01-2011, 16:37
For me not the idea counts, but the result.

captian Maklai
01-01-2011, 17:00
For me not the idea counts, but the result.

Ok Ok i'll try but i'm not an expert sculptor

Stilton
01-01-2011, 21:54
Cool idea. Their colour schemes fit vey well. :)

captian Maklai
02-01-2011, 17:51
An update! I've started progress! I'm gonna make a log and post the pics I've taken of the progress so far, as soon as i get them up on the computer.

I chose Paranoia (The red jester/plague doctor one)

Finally, thanks for input and the log will be called The Paranoia Harlequin sculpt

loken23
02-01-2011, 21:47
Go for it, armies with a little flair of individuality like this are often worth the extra effort :)

Dreamseru
03-01-2011, 00:39
Id be interested to see how it goes, although I haven't played castlevania if I remember correctly it was supposed to be one of the harder games out there, is this just one of the games in the series or all of them?

captian Maklai
03-01-2011, 13:19
Id be interested to see how it goes, although I haven't played castlevania if I remember correctly it was supposed to be one of the harder games out there, is this just one of the games in the series or all of them?

Just one of the games. Its castlevania dawn of sorrow for the DS

Dreamseru
04-01-2011, 00:41
Just one of the games. Its castlevania dawn of sorrow for the DS

ok, I have a ds, would you recommend it?

im kinda into games that I think will last me a while eg: on mh3 I have docked roughly 110 hours and haven't finished it yet, my brother hasn't finished it either but easily has twice the amount of time docked on it.

so would you also say that it is a game that would last me a while?

on topic:

I dont know much about sculpting 40k models, but what are you going to use for this job? greenstuff? im rather curious

Dead7
04-01-2011, 00:42
Dawn of Sorrows for the DS... I GET IT!
that game was tons of fun :D

a guy at my flgs has converted night bringer that he uses for a daemon of some sort that looks kind of like that. its pretty awsome.

cromanobtroir
01-02-2011, 22:42
I'd also take some ideas from Slaanesh aswell.

impala
01-02-2011, 23:51
I like the idea very much... I would like to see the finished project...