PDA

View Full Version : Calling all artists, writers and designers of 40k inspired works

Inquisitor Kallus
03-01-2011, 07:29
Hello everyone, I am in the process of starting an ongoing Campaign website and was looking for people who have any works they have produced that would be willing to let me use them on my site. They would be used to help set a tone and build on the background in Segmentum Tempestus (with plans to extend this in the long term).

I am looking for high quality art works that really fit with the background and ethos of the 41st Millenium and stories, descriptions, background, characters, statistics, world designs and the like.

If you feel like contributing please feel free to P.M. me or indeed post up here. I may also ask if I could change certain things such as names or small parts of stories or art to better fit the sites 'style'. All works will obviously still belong to yourself and i will credit you on the site.

Many thanks. Yours expectantly,

Inquisitor Kallus

captian Maklai
09-01-2011, 18:31
I'll let you use my art final piece (ORk) if you want, if so then i'll post a pic!:chrome:

Inquisitor Kallus
11-01-2011, 23:39
Thanks for posting Maklai. Well what are you waiting for! Post it up. By the way to anyone who offers, please dont take it personally if i dont use your work, I have certain styles that im looking for.

traitor_dice
12-01-2011, 08:18
I've only just began writing 40k related stuff, but you're welcome to put it on your site, along with any of my art (if I ever get a scanner) as long as due credit is given for the work.

StormCrow
12-01-2011, 10:22
Hey there,

I have a bunch of old pictures that you can take freely

Some have stood the test of time, the others...well

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/Untitled-2.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/DeathGuard.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/Chaos.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/CommissarofKrieg.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/Avatarcolourtest.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/DarkMechMachine.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/ThousandSons.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/IronWarriorStencil.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/EldarAttack.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/Chaplain.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/img150.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/GreatUncleanOneWIP.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/toBIASFTY/Necronsfin1.jpg

Inquisitor Kallus
12-01-2011, 20:35
Awesome stuff, thanks Stormcrow. I really like the Necron one.

kurisawa
14-01-2011, 06:16
Hmmm, I'll bite then.

I like to write, and rather than just post random stuff, why don't you give me a brief and I'll try to work to it. This is good for me, as being set a task, story, characters, etc, is essential practice.

K.

Inquisitor Kallus
14-01-2011, 15:01
Thankyou to everyone willing to contribute.

@traitor_dice like I said you will be given full credit. After all it is your own work.
@kurisawa Thankyou, what a great offer. I immediately thought of a desert world with different tribes/groups and such. A number of city sprawl areas both above and slightly below ground-level. Some of the cities a large trading areas, full of bazaars and the like, whilst others are the homes of poorer classes who brave the deserts to eke out an existence searching for rare minerals and jewels. On the face of it the planet is a fascinating place for travellers with its beautiful cities, but underneath the dark side of rival 'houses/gangs/tribes' looms. Mercenaries, Bounty hunters and Scum make their way through this place.

Things like Mos Eisley spaceport, locations from Firefly/Serenity, Hellboy 2 and Lawrence of Arabia sprang to mind with their textures and sights. How about a story of a young boy tempted to do something wrong to get by. A run in with a notourious Bounty Hunter (Venatus Hex: Think Hugh Jackman/Wolverine look crossed with old Necromunda Bounty hunter model and a fairly laid back but confident manner)?

Forgot to add, here is a link to my site...
http://warsofcountenance40000.webs.com/

Please feel free to join, the actual Campaign is'nt up and running yet

Jaraknarn
15-01-2011, 13:48
Sweet site, that first pic is immense

CasperTheGhost
18-01-2011, 11:24
I'd be happy to write some stuff; not boasting that it will be particulary good but I can give it a go.

I'll also have a look for some planets I mocked up in Photoshop if you need them; they're merely just the 'orbital picture' of the planet but you're look at having several planets in the campaign might be worth it. I'll have a look if they're on my new laptop.

I won't actually be able to participate in the campaign, I don't have access to models to actually play at the moment nor the funds to buy some new stuff, but I'm happy to write.

Anything in particular that needs to be written about?

Inquisitor Kallus
18-01-2011, 14:05
@Jaraknarn. IT is an awesome pic, courtesy of these guys http://www.malleus.dk/Ordo/Default.aspx

@ Casper. Thanks. What kind of things do you enjoy about the 40K Universe?

CasperTheGhost
18-01-2011, 16:45
@ Casper. Thanks. What kind of things do you enjoy about the 40K Universe?

Mainly the background; it's what drew me into the game in the first place if I am to be honest. The fact that it is a pre-exsisting world that you can effectively shape to your own imagination is always something I loved; I can carry on writing without having to do half the leg work of creating the setting :p

So yeah, being able to write things into the background. That's the thing I like most.

Inquisitor Kallus
18-01-2011, 17:49
Ha ha, ok thats cool. Though what i'm asking is what parts of the background interest you personally? In other words, if you could choose to write anything like a short story or about a characters exploits, what kind of thing would you choose to write about? I have a host of ideas and characters myself but would really like to see something that almost shows where your head is at. Does that make sense? So feel free to run wild, though Imperial stuff would probably be a good start.

kurisawa
19-01-2011, 04:46
@kurisawa Thankyou, what a great offer. I immediately thought of a desert world with different tribes/groups and such. A number of city sprawl areas both above and slightly below ground-level. Some of the cities a large trading areas, full of bazaars and the like, whilst others are the homes of poorer classes who brave the deserts to eke out an existence searching for rare minerals and jewels. On the face of it the planet is a fascinating place for travellers with its beautiful cities, but underneath the dark side of rival 'houses/gangs/tribes' looms. Mercenaries, Bounty hunters and Scum make their way through this place.

Things like Mos Eisley spaceport, locations from Firefly/Serenity, Hellboy 2 and Lawrence of Arabia sprang to mind with their textures and sights. How about a story of a young boy tempted to do something wrong to get by. A run in with a notourious Bounty Hunter (Venatus Hex: Think Hugh Jackman/Wolverine look crossed with old Necromunda Bounty hunter model and a fairly laid back but confident manner)?

Forgot to add, here is a link to my site...
http://warsofcountenance40000.webs.com/

Please feel free to join, the actual Campaign is'nt up and running yet

Hi again. Ok, I had a look at the site but don't see much detail of how the campaign will run yet. No matter, I'll turn to the brief in hand.

I understand the setting ok (funnily enough I am writing a deathwatch story right now set in a similar place). I take it that this is an human and imperial-run world? Otherwise I'll add my own "spice" to flesh out the location.

I'll use the basic story plot: Local boy faces moral dillemna. I'll try to introduce the bounty hunter, too. How many words are you looking for?

K.

Inquisitor Kallus
19-01-2011, 09:47
Yes, the campaign rules are being worked on. They will consist of very basic rules and suggestions to link games together, to 'internal' campaigns which will allow players to take part in something specifically, such as a certain event, like a paticular fight on a certain world for example, hunt for an artefact in a certain area of space/region/system or tied in to a 'new release' that Games Workshop has Eventually I want to expand the site so people from over the world can take part and in certain regions, the idea being that people in California for example would be in their own area, obviously it being easier and less hassle to play people over there than say for example to make their way over to Germany to play a game.

At the moment the stories I am looking for are if you like foundations, keystones to the building of the sector to which the campaigns will be set, used to spark off ideas and such about worlds, characters and the like. They will also be something in their own right as not everyone plays games. I know this is slightly in opposition to the term campaign setting, but this is usually an initial draw for people and I want gaming, and indeed the hobby, to play a big part.

Jaraknarn
19-01-2011, 09:54
Here u go Kallus, let us know if u like it, or if u have any trouble opening the file.

Its called, Tales of Malphract Depht : Gathering Storm

A bit of a generic title but, MEH!

CasperTheGhost
19-01-2011, 10:42
I've only found the one (It appears the others are still on my old computer, which I won't have access to for while, if indeed they are still there) but feel free to use if you wish.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73907&d=1256935841

Inquisitor Kallus
19-01-2011, 14:03
thats awesome, thanks Casper. What program did you use to make it? And indeed, is it possible to make more?

CasperTheGhost
19-01-2011, 14:08
Just used Photoshop (CS3 at the time). It's possible to make more, although I no longer have access to Photoshop so I can no longer make them myself. I'll have a look for the method I found to making them, they're pretty easy to make once you've got the hang of it.

captian Maklai
19-01-2011, 15:16
Apologies, i will get the pictures up but i have problem s with my cameras -_-

Inquisitor Kallus
19-01-2011, 16:17
Awesome work there Jaraknarn. The story itself was a joy to read . Looking forward to reading more.

Jaraknarn
19-01-2011, 16:49
Thanks, any pointers? Particularly plot wise, do you like where its heading so far? Anything u'd like to see more/less of?

Inquisitor Kallus
19-01-2011, 17:06
Id always envisioned Malphract as a fairly robust/healthy looking Inquisitor, and when I read through it the first time I was taken aback that it wasn't exacly how i thought he would be. I then thought that would make for an awesome other story, the quest for youth(appearance and strength wise). There are a few bits I would tweak a bit, mostly to do with annonymity and saving things for later, though I pretty much said otherwise in my previous posts. Names are the primary thing I was thinking of here. The actual plot is very cool and paticularly cinematic. I could quite clearly see it playing out in my head and love the idea of this as a snap shot of his current position, I imagine him on the run as such or maybe only running from a few select individuals.

Jaraknarn
19-01-2011, 18:33
If thats how u envisioned him thats cool, just as soon as u describe him as shadowy and that he was a psyker i thought Sith.
I saw a him with a body that LOOKED wracked and ruined through channeling the warp, but in fact was still deceptively strong. Playing into the shadowy part by only revealing his strength when absolutely neccessary. Enemies always under estimate him, until they lose, swiftly, haha.

Ill let u decide which u prefer, but im cool with either.

Inquisitor Kallus
19-01-2011, 20:24
ts actually growing on me quite a bit although i previously saw him slighly middle aged in appearance. On a scale quality probably more powerful than Eisenhorn but not to a huge degree. I love the image of him sitting down just waiting, confident in his servants abilities to stop the sniper. Im going to make a copy and do a few tweaks and send it back to you to see what you thinkif thats ok?

Jaraknarn
19-01-2011, 20:30
Of course, its basically a commision so its yours to do with what u will

kurisawa
20-01-2011, 23:58
At the moment the stories I am looking for are if you like foundations, keystones to the building of the sector to which the campaigns will be set, used to spark off ideas and such about worlds, characters and the like. They will also be something in their own right as not everyone plays games. I know this is slightly in opposition to the term campaign setting, but this is usually an initial draw for people and I want gaming, and indeed the hobby, to play a big part.

Yes, I understand. Designers call it "colour text" - you see lots of it all over the armybooks and codexes. The question stands, though: Do you have a word target in mind?

If you want a simple piece of colour text like in a codex, I'll aim for up to 1000.

A very short story can be done in around 3000 - but won't have much in the way of character development or plot (it'll be more just an anecdote).

For complete short stories, with a nice conclusion and some proper characters, I must admit I struggle to keep them to 7000 (the usual target for the BL competitions). 10k ok? It's not that I ramble (I hope! - you can see some WHFB short stories on the batrep page of the website in my sig)

K.

Inquisitor Kallus
21-01-2011, 00:07
I've read a piece of your work already, nice site too. I have no paticular word target in mind. A short story sounds good. Did you take a look at Jaraknarns work? Something longer and broader would be nice so I can see something more in-depth and from a different view point as such?

CasperTheGhost
21-01-2011, 13:42
Ha ha, ok thats cool. Though what i'm asking is what parts of the background interest you personally? In other words, if you could choose to write anything like a short story or about a characters exploits, what kind of thing would you choose to write about? I have a host of ideas and characters myself but would really like to see something that almost shows where your head is at. Does that make sense? So feel free to run wild, though Imperial stuff would probably be a good start.

Opps meant to address this earlier.

To be honest, seeing as it seems to be in it's early stages, I was thinking something along the lines of building up and exploring the background of a world through the eyes of it's people; Arbites, Criminals, Inquistor retiune investigating a potential Cult (to link into the idea of invasion and therefore the 40k games), PDF forces if we're looking at specfic forces actually having landed on the world; that sort of stuff.

Of course it depends on what you had in mind; one world or a whole sector (you're leaning towards the latter if I'm not mistaken, no?). If it's a sector then I could happily just 'take residence' on one world and build up the backstory for forces fighting on it; as in why they're fighting on it. If it's the former then just point me anywhere; I'm happy to write whatever, although I'd most likely to best with just the 'human' viewpoints.

Also I thought I would link to an example of my work, while I'm here. It's the only real example I have that I have up at the moment, so take a ganders if you wish - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243862

Inquisitor Kallus
21-01-2011, 14:41
Very nice work there Casper, captures it through the eyes of 'mere mortals' very well. I really like it and it gives the image of Space Marines being elevated and different from normal humanity which is an awesome thing about the background to them. Unfortunately it is not seen so much in games, where marines are considered 'the norm', with all other races being compared to them as a standard as opposed to, say, the Imperial Guard/humans who shoudl really be the standard.

The human viewpoint element helps us relate to the events happening around, which is also one of the reasons why Forgeworld write their books from an Imperial standpoint too. I also like the obscure elements to 40k too, with some things being left unsaid or not paticularly fleshed out, which feels somehow more epic to a degree. A story or two from a human viewpoint on a paticular planet would be great, maybe a hive as this would be diferent from the other writers so far and would give a slightly broader view of area types/planets for me to use. If you feel like fleshing out a world as such let me know as I am in the process of working out all manner of things including 'World Templates' and 'Area Terrain types' (the latter of which will be used in games and will comprise of not only generic, but specific locations and types).

The works that I have seen so far have been extremely rewarding to read and Jaraknarn has done an amazing piece of work which even changed my perception of a character i've had in my head and played around with since the Inquisitor rulebook came out.

The ideas i am leaning to more are less fights with alien races and 'uber threats' like Chaos Space marines appearing on the doorstep at the moment, but more criminals, small cults and more standard 'Imperial characters' like arbites, planetary governors, hive gangs etc.

That being said I am also planning for 'alien held' worlds such as Fordian which is disputed between Tau and Orks.

CasperTheGhost
21-01-2011, 18:59
Well that piece of work is actually based in the Great Crusade period, so it does revolve around Space Marines being the norm. I know what you mean though and revolving around the normal arbites etc, works fine with me.

Inquisitor Kallus
21-01-2011, 19:27
In terms of scale it then makes the appearance of the Space Marines all the more awe inspiring, which I feel is as it should be from people who have never seen them before. I'm glad you understand where i'm coming from.

RandomSelect
24-01-2011, 17:02
I would like to do some pictures, i've always enjoyed a spot of drawing.

Inquisitor Kallus
24-01-2011, 18:09
Awesome, thanks RandomSelect. At this point I would also like to give a big shoutout to everyone who has contributed, thanks for all your hard work.

kurisawa
28-01-2011, 01:06
I've read a piece of your work already, nice site too. I have no paticular word target in mind. A short story sounds good. Did you take a look at Jaraknarns work? Something longer and broader would be nice so I can see something more in-depth and from a different view point as such?

Hey Kallus, thanks for the props. :)

As you may have seen, BL is opening a warp-portal, err I mean a submissions window, so I'll be working on that for the time being. I hope this does not put you out too much - I'm not sure how quickly you wanted stuff.

As a consolation, if I'm rejected (again :cries:) I can send it to your site instead!

K.

Inquisitor Kallus
02-02-2011, 14:11
Thats cool Kurisawa, I wish you good luck with your submission. Go for it Randomselect, if its something you enjoythen it makes it all the more fun! Does anyone else have any Necron style work? Or indeed Daemons/Chaos?

On another note I am also looking for anyone who would like to be affiliated with the site in a slightly more 'professional' capacity, such as artists, writers, moderators, rules/codex writers and the like. feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks again guys.

Wyrmwood
03-02-2011, 23:58
I have an old work in progress story, based around the Flesh Tearers that I can post if you're interested? As well as a World Eater tale and one or two other bits.

Inquisitor Kallus
12-02-2011, 15:52
That would be great Wyrmwood, thanks!

Wyrmwood
13-02-2011, 11:33
Okay, the Flesh Tearer story is about... Two years, maybe three years old. It is W.I.P (I know, I left it and never returned) so, here goes:

Prologue - Cathedral.

An effigy to an unfailing will; the ruins of the monolithic cathedral sat on the horizon, lording over the open landscape of Perdita II's once glorious countryside. All of its eternal splendour lost to the living, stolen by the empirical ravages of modern warfare. The encroaching grasslands were vaporised; less than ash. Innocence and beauty stolen and offered up as a testament of nuclear fire. In ages long gone when the Cathedral was erected to the gods of Perdita, it's purpose to provide an answer lost to humanity in the maelstrom of Old Night, it was a magnificent structure; no, it was more than that - it was a sanctuary. Myriad, intoxicating blends of reds, blues and greens marked out the stained glass windows that depicting images of saint and saviour, the triumph of good over evil and the eternal splendour of the Lord ascendant. Rows of ordered oak benches, splintering from overuse and the musty smell of rose incense; light pink smoke that would drift around the ankles, obscuring the ghosts of priest and peon masked in the humid air.

Now, bullet holes dotted the great granite walls, splintered fractions of refracted light lanced through the remnants of the great windows. A slab of granite had smashed into the pulpit, skeletal fingers clutching out from beneath, forever begging for salvation for a being that had never cared, nor ever would. Ash and dust coated the splintered oaken plinths, softly blanketing the ruined skeletal statues, fallen protectors and sentinels all.

Framed by the encompassing warm glow of six o'clock sunrise, it was indeed a picture of lost innocence and isolation. It stood against the dawn; defiant, resplendent - an effigy, in opposition to the wasteland of nuclear holocaust that knelt before it, as though it were addressing the people of the world still. What remained of a forest, now skeletal and lifeless, edged down the hillside and spread out into the grey valley. On the hillside, carved by man and machine, there was a labyrinth of trenches dressed in jewellery of finest barbed wire, dead husks of tanks and biped war machines were coated in blood and ash, kicked up by the morning wind and frozen in the darkness of night. No birdsong echoed, no rumbling engines, no distant chatter from the town parish, only the angry rumble of distant roars, violent and clattering - signalling the approach, only the high pitched howling wind, assuring the corpses littered across the hill that their end was nigh, that they'll be kept safe in the clammy embrace of death.

As the new dawn lorded over the valley, frozen in time, the Angels of Death soared overhead, on chariots of fire. Screaming Stormbirds loaded with black and red clad giants, bathed in the eerie red light penetrating the viewing slits of the mechanical birds. Beneath their trailing heat waves, stalked a snaking armoured column of Chimera troop transports and Leman Russ battle tanks. Beneath their iron treads, muffled crunching bones were drowned out by the engines of the armoured vehicles. On the hillside, sprinted bipedal Sentinels that advanced past dead trees, beneath the Cathedral. The cacophonous roar signalled one thing.

It signalled Perdita's end.

the rancorous bark of bolter fire lit up the murky blackness of Perdita's night, kicking up clouds of ash and bone as rounds strayed and impacting cover or missed entirely. Shouts, screams and cries formed a malicious symphonic accompaniment to the terrible light show of muzzle flares. Above the skirmish amid the ruins of downtown Ostrubect, Valkyires and Vendettas soared in packs, their dark forms framed by the rising red moon of harvest, the setting sun and the glaring, crimson celestial giant of Perdita III that bathed the ruined city in a glowing bloodbath, stretching dark shadows and hiding cowering Guardsmen and Separatist alike; casting hell upon the fighting men and women of the Imperial Auretian 51st regiment and the crimson clad giants of the Flesh Tearers of the Adeptus Astartes.

Littered skeletons of archways, closed streets and fallen buildings littered the blood soaked soil of the former park. Guardsmen, their heads down, blind firing over rubble - some cowering, or muttering for the horrific, indescribable sound of the battle cries of the Flesh Tearers; they advanced through the murk, only muzzle flares giving clues to their position before they slammed hard into cover; forever advancing, toward the Separatist squad held up in a ramshackle encampment of makeshift bunkers and hastily dug trench lines.
"Push forward, as darkness is our ally, switch to chainaxes!” bellowed Sergeant Arthis, "Frag out!"
In response, a Flesh Tearer dashed past him, and slid into the cover provided by a fallen archway. Seconds later, a deep thud lit up the encampment as the belt of frag grenades detonated, along with the wet threshing of fallen innards and cries of hate and loss.
"Into the trench, my brothers!” this time it was a roar.
The Flesh Tearers ducked into the trench, chainaxes roaring; the carnage illuminated by distant cracks of artillery fire and once again obscured by shadows. In the brutal melee, bolt pistols were barking, chainaxes were roaring and the Flesh Tearers were laughing.

To some, this scene would have been baleful butchery, but to the Flesh Tearers it was art, it was beauty, it was magnificent.

...And it was a theatre for their fury.
++ Chapter One - Descend, the Shades of War ++
Two days ago, aboard Imperial Crusade Command Vessel "Cacophony"

The dull glint of security camera lenses fractured the almost perfect pitch black of the cavernous ceiling, hefty baroque archways punctuated the darkness that seemed to ooze, like water dripping from stalactites, and encompass the corridor to the Lord Solar's Stratagem.

Along the walls of the corridor, lurked statues of rusted, copper armoured sentinels that stared, lifelessly out from their shadowed alcoves, ever vigilant. However, their presence in the darkness, gave the distinct impression of peering eyes, the uncomfortable suggestion that something was watching.

Seth, Commander of the Flesh Tearers Chapter of Astartes, stormed down the passageway flanked by ten figures armoured in bronze - The Honour Guard; their footsteps in time with their Commander's but oddly detached and sinister.
At the end of the passage, a mighty bulkhead obstructed the path, guarded by two of the Lord Solar's own Honour Custodians. If the Flesh Tearers were detached and dour, then these men were terrified.
Seth and his procession stood before the two men, who visibly shook at the sight of the Space Marines, clearly having never seen them before, one man even let out a whimper that caught in the cold air, visible as a ghostly grey shape.
After a few painful seconds of growing impatience, Seth broke the silence,
"Lord Solar Matakison is expecting us. Are you going to open the door, like good little serfs or, alternatively, are you going to keep us waiting even longer?"
Seth's eyes pierced into the visor of the man on the left.
"F-forgive m-" stammered the man on the left, clearly not concerned about his companion. Seth took two steps forward and bent down, looking directly into the glassy visor covering the man's eyes, and cupped the man's chin in a baroquely armoured fist, soft as a lover's touch. His snarl vanished and his eyes softened. Seth spoke softly, almost a whisper:
"Dear child, we are your friends and protectors, do not fear us for we are your angels, your defenders, a bulwark against the nightmares of war. Now, will you please open this door so that we may talk to the Lord Solar, you don't want to make us late do you?" He had given the man, not the boy, a choice.
"Y-yes, m-my lord. I'm sorry to k-" sputtered the boy, clearly still worried by the giants before him.
"Don't worry about it, let's just get this door open shall we?" smiled Seth.
He stood up straight and his Honour Guard took two steps to fall in behind him. The boy fumbled with the key pad, unlocking the door after a few uncomfortable moments, silent but for the click of pushed keys. The hiss of pistons signalled the door to be lifted as unseen Servitors heaved the slab of metal up into the rafters.

Wyrmwood
13-02-2011, 11:33
Another random tidbit:

++'Opening the Adamantine Gate'++

Shoulder to shoulder; rank and file they stood, shivering. Mighty banners wrought from silk flew proudly against the battering, howling winds. Ghostly grey puffs of warm breath dissipated before the frozen, roaring rain spilling from the fiery heavens.

Upon the horizon they stood, stark shadows against a blazing backdrop; Giants bearing down before them, eyes glowing as gems plucked from the caverns of hell. Vicious stabbing light that scorched the ashen dunes was followed by concussive blasts that echoed through the night sky. A rumbling light show briefly illuminating the scorched earth between Giant and man.

Burning, searing orbs darted through the maelstrom; the eyes of the devils that haunted the darkest corners of the dwellings and fortresses of man, they disappeared behind the Giants on the crest of the storm. Then, as if erupting from within the earth, they would rise up and into the shrouded void, where the gaze of man cannot pierce.

In the legends of man and in the corrupted mythologies of this world, this was the time of 'Ragnarok'; the apocalypse that consumed all with lustful jaws of burning ice that stole the fire from the heart. The Dragon would break free from his prison beyond the veil, shrouded by storm clouds, amidst the burning prism of fire. Then, after devouring the very light from the sky, would feed upon the very earth itself. With its legions unbound, the power of the eleven would crumble, sucked into an inescapable voracious vortex. Their very screams all but forgotten, swallowed and frozen by the Dragon, to echo throughout the void for a brief second; a howling prologue of the ravenous hunger of the Beast.

Such a violent cataclysm would be begun when the giants, blackened beasts of hell, would destroy the barriers between worlds, escaping their diabolical torment and thus would burst forth into the cities and lairs of man with gleaming jaws and snarling oblivion. The Giants would leave rivers of the blood and festering carrion in their wake; for those that fought, would be slain. What could not be corrupted would be burned. What could not be taken would be smashed. Those of no use to their primagen would be left, defiled iconoclasts of freedom.

Wyrmwood
13-02-2011, 11:39
And one final W.I.P - World Eater. The first 40K story I ever wrote, when I was around fifteen/sixteen?:

W.I.P
Beta title: ++World Eater++
Chapter I: With Strength We Burn.

'Of all the Space Marine Legions created by the Emperor to reconquer the galaxy during the Great Crusade, none were more feared than the World Eaters. At the forefront of the bloodiest assaults and most vicious battles, the name of World Eaters became a byword for bloodshed and terror on a horrifying scale.'

"We are not upstart Black Legionnaires, nor cowardly Iron Warriors. We are not the foolishness Thousand Sons to an accursed father; neither are we the unfeeling Death Guard, nor the proud and vain Emperor's Children. We are warriors of Angron, the Red Angel: Where we strike worlds fall, where there is but a whisper of our name empires are rendered asunder. We are the Eaters of Worlds! And we will know no fear! Only victory and conquest and in the death throes of our foes will we know true glory!
So take up your chainaxes and your bolters with a proud heart!"

The warrior paced up and down the dank decking of the Strike Cruiser's launch bay, violent intention in every booming footfall. The rusted iron decking groaning beneath his immense bulk and his deep crimson armour glinting dully in the cavernous room, lit only by starlight faintly trickling in through the viewing ports dotted around the launch bay. There were over two hundred World Eaters assembled in the bay, it's ceiling now obscured by fathomless darkness, which had once been the beating heart of the Emperor's Great Crusade: Docked stormbirds, drop pods ready for deployment, Astartes marching rank and file ready for deployment. Where oaths of moment were sworn, and promises of feasts of victory were here. The essence of the Crusade and of Astartes Brotherhood. It was now the polar opposite; Daemons lurked in the dark, forgotten corners of the massive industrial room. It stank of blood. Achilles glanced at the warriors assembled before him; some were old comrades and others he barely knew: All were potential enemies when the blood was up. Achilles wore his battered helm, showing he was prepared for the drop and although his eyes were obscured by the visor of his ancient, barely recognisable MK.IV armour. Every warrior felt naked beneath his gaze, as though he possessed some kind of preternatural cunning, which was more profound than his lust for slaughter. He thumbed the activation switch on his chain-axe and continued his roaring oratory.

"For today, we will cut deep into the heart of the feral Ork! Let this conquest be known for centuries to come!"

The World Eaters around him, submerged in the half-light of distant stars began to roar in confirmation of Achilles’ promise. Over two hundred butchers, every one having killed countless civilians, warriors and xenos alike. It mattered not from where blood was shed; all that mattered was that it flowed.

"Prepare to embark the dreadclaws!" Achilles called over the deep booming of the power armoured footfalls. As the warrior turned and ascended to take his place in a dreadclaw assault pod, he hesitated...

... It began with a dull thudding sound, intense tremors picked up by the auto-senses of his power armour. Bolter rounds whizzed past his visor, flames scorched his armour and screams pierced his ears. Death was all around him and he was in the thick of it, an effigy of war. Chainaxe roaring, bolt pistol bellowing and the World Eater was laughing...

... The warrior could see blackened ash, scorching the sky were distant tongues of flame pluming up from vast exhaust vats the size of an Astartes battle barge. He could pick out skeletal birds of prey circling him, vultures waiting a moment of weakness so as to strike at his naked form. He was Naked. The warrior looked down and realised his blue and white armour had been torn from his body, leaving his skin charred and broken. Covered in blood, the warrior was a terrible sight to behold and the vultures kept their distance.

The warrior could taste the acrid stink in the air, so thick it obscured the burning sphere of gas light years from the barren world. What world was he on? He didn’t know... Or he couldn’t remember. It didn’t matter now.

As the giant took his first step forward on the red soil a new smell penetrated his senses. It was Death. There had recently been a battle here, but where were the corpses? The ammunition rounds, craters from high impact shells?

The searing heat lightly cooked the skin of his feet as he slowly trudged towards the exhaust vats, waves of thick, enthralling heat dancing on the currents of air intoxicating his vision. It was his vision. Who was he? How had he come to reside on this planet and to what end?

Several hours had past, it seemed like an age of war had perpetrated this planet. The life Eater virus had spared this planet the bane of life; hundreds of skirmishes had left its lands scorched and acrid. Millions had laid down their lives in the defence of this world, but who had won? It seemed to the warrior that there had been no victor; the last action of a conquered foe had been a scorched earth policy in the past. Had such an event occurred here?

The sheer monolithic stature of the exhaust vats became clear as the warrior was but a few hundred meters away, the toxic smoke should surely have killed off the cells in his lungs by now... The heat seared the flesh from his bones. A human would have long met his end on this inhospitable rock.

The warrior paused. “Human...” his voice was little more than a phantom whisper on the scorching wind... And the warrior continued. He could see spent ammunition cartridges now, he could see bones and tattered walls; bunkers and an insignia... It seemed familiar to him, but what was it? An ember remained of the civilisation that had once called this world home. An Aquilla, a double headed Eagle. He could recall something, a long war fought for this symbol. This symbol could have been an ideal of a great warrior, perhaps a past king who had ruled over this planet.

It didn’t matter now.

Days had past the warrior by and the world always seemed to be bathed in the glow of the distant star, trembling echoes on the wind spoke of life but the inhospitable ecosystem revealed the lies behind the whisper. The warrior had ascended a ladder on the side of the first vat, it had taken days but he had made the climb. Impossibly, the summit of the vat was constructed of a smooth substance like marble and no trace of the origin of the smoke could be seen. Could it be another ploy to fool the warrior, like the whispers on the wind or the vultures in the sky?

It didn’t matter now; he was too close to his goal to fail.

The warrior could pick out a shape, submerged in the murky fog: A chair or, no, it was a throne. A golden throne so vast it could only be the seat of power on this planet, or what was left of it. Perhaps these vats were not a form of industrial production, but the remains of a palace, a fortress. The warrior’s strength was failing, but he was too close now to fall. His salvation lay perched on the throne that much was clear to him. The warrior’s eyes blurred and his footfalls were treacherous, he fell. A titan groaning, a giant falling and a sun god lay watching.

He could now clearly see the sun, through bleared vision, and the irony was not lost on the warrior. He could make out a shape, etched in the fires of the vast gas giant. He could see a forked mouth, engulfing an agricultural world, rich in greenery and ocean. The symbol was more than that; it was an ideology that he was all too familiar with. But it didn’t matter now.

He clawed his way forward, for he could only crawl as his legs were not there. Had he possessed legs? He couldn’t remember, nor could he recall where he was. The warrior only knew where he was going. He reached the throne and what he saw ripped him to the core.

A blood tattered banner lay over a skeletal god, a banner bearing an eight times anointed star, bearing its fags and feasting upon a world. Feasting upon a world... The star was gorging itself on the planet, eating it. It was an eater of worlds, souls and the hearts of men. It was a symbol of shattered brotherhood and a Legion torn apart from within. It was the World Eaters Legion. It was a symbol of chaos.

The warrior wept, for he knew what was beneath this banner. He wept bloody tears for he knew his part in it, of the slaughter he had reaped in the name of dark gods laughing as they whispered honeyed lies and cut into his soul with poisonous fangs born out of a ravenous all consuming hunger. He extended a claw to pull the banner from the god, to see him beneath the flag. A sharp tear that pierced all of the industrial sound around him, even the “vat” went quiet. The warrior saw his resplendent golden armour, what remained of his dark hair and saw his penetrating dark eyes, forever watchful, all knowing and benevolent. But life had been torn from them by another god. As the warrior wept, he looked up and saw Tens of thousands of giants like him, arranged in rank and file bearing banners of deepest evil, symbols of power and corruption. They were wearing red armour, with the all devouring symbol. They were World Eaters. The warrior could not halt his tears; they were cutting into his skin. Leaving his face withered as the salt bored into his wounds. He was a War Hound no more, now he was a World Eater.

He slowly looked back at the throne. It had changed, from golden splendour to a mountain of bones and skulls. The throne had become a twisted parody of majesty, it was now brass. It emanated hate, a lust for killing. Atop the throne stoop a Bloody God. His head was shaven and his fangs were barred. His armour was twisted and molten from an age of constant warfare and slaughter: it was a deep, dry blood red. It was no upstanding philosopher; it was no cowardly spy, no Phoenician nor an honourable wolf. It was a gladiator and a conqueror. It was Angron.

Howling chants grew: the stamping of iron boots and the roar of chainxes and God bore down upon him, a silent scream.
“Awaken, World Eater.”

Gorshin awoke to the sound of thunderous artillery and the sights and smell of charnel slaughter. He had been in the thick of the bloodshed, raking his chainaxe across flesh and bone, tearing out the hearts from the weakling humans that dared oppose Lord Zhufor's war band. Violent ringing pounded throughout Gorshin's skull and his vision swam, while his anger flared. Gorshin's squad had been caught in the blast and he could see three warriors pick themselves up, while another four lay in ruin; in pieces around the large blast crater. More so than this, lay over eighty Imperial lapdogs. How cowardly and weak the Imperium had become, that it would sacrifice it's warrior's so needlessly in order to kill a handful of attackers. Gorshin spat, blood and bile sizzling on the scorched mud and, to his surprise, Gorshin saw one of his white fangs swimming amongst the spittle. The blast had wrecked his ancient helmet, the metal had flared and buckled around the centre of his Iron helm framing his face with scorched and twisted iron. Gorshin ripped it from his head and cast it aside. It was useless now and he could easily kill on another battlefield and loot the dead. Pushing himself to his feet, he staggered and blinked the swirling maelstrom his vision had become, away. He signalled to his surviving warriors, who nodded that they could continue the fight. Only during this pause in the battle could Gorshin survey the battlefield and get a bearing on his surroundings.

The sky was a sickly crimson colour, mixed with the black of booming ash thrown up from panoply of orbital lance strikes and burning wrecks and scorched bodies. A towering Imperial bastion stretched for miles from north east, to south west. A vast monolithic defensive wall that the Skulltakers and their World Eater allies had been fighting to breach for well over a day now. Ugly red smudges were smeared across the barren, ashen wasteland outside of the wall with small trading settlements or villages in ruins. Vast craters, collected acidic rain and blackened blood and the bodies of the fallen warriors; men, women, children, Astartes and Guardsmen lay littered across the grown while nuclear fallout blackened the sunlight. It was a grim sight, but the world was cut off and Zhufor's war band had the Imperial city surrounded: it wouldn't be long now.

It had been this way for several thousand years though, to Gorshin, it had seemed like only six hundred years since the defeat of Horus. In that time, Gorshin had followed Lord Zhufor from the heart of the Eye of Terror and into the thick of fighting all across the Cadian Gate. He had fought alongside his comrades in the Black Legion and even amongst the Word Bearers and Iron Warriors. Ever since the Battle of Skalathrax against the hated and decadent Emperor's Children, the World Eaters had fractured and split into war bands when Kharn, now known as Kharn the Betrayer, had taken a flamer and burned down the shelters of his comrades as frozen night took hold. So strong was Kharn's devotion to Khorne, the exalted Lord of skulls, that it stoked him to see such cowardice amongst his brothers, hiding when the fight should be taken to Fulgrim's decadent fops. Gorshin had fought alongside Kharn several times, each time he knew that he was lucky to have left the battlefield with his life as Kharn was known to have turned upon his allies after all enemies had been slain, but to see such an avatar of slaughter was dumbfounding, even to Gorshin, he had not seen such slaughter since the days of the Great Crusade when the Primarch Angron had lead his warriors to war against the hated enemies of the fledging Imperium; how foolish it seemed now, to Gorshin.

Brushing aside such ancient thoughts, Gorshin set about navigating his way out of the blasted crater. His surviving warriors, all World Eaters, were already slumped within a wrecked bunker, just on the lip of the impact crater.

"Report." growled Gorshin; it was not a question but a statement.
"Lord Zhufor's Devourer squads have broken through a phalanx of Imperial defences northwest of here. We received word through the vox channel that all surviving Skulltakers are to converge on his position and assist with the break through. The cowards of the Machine Cult are bringing their mindless Skitarii to bear in support of the Defence Force." delivered Chairne through thick, bared fangs.

"And? What else have you to say?" Gorshin was becoming impatient.
Chairne hesitated, for he knew that it was times like these that Gorshin could become unpredictable. When the lives of his quarry were taken from him in the very crucible of battle.
"We were unsure of your fate commander, we saw you thrashing in your comatose state..." Chairne trailed off, suddenly seeing his folly. But Brother Bane continued his voice thick and guttural.
"... You made mention of ancient battles, such as the siege of the false Emperor's palace on Terra."
Gorshin bared his fangs and growled, before spinning on his heel and exiting the bunker through a neatly cut blast-hole in the wall. Chairne and Bane shared uneasy glances, before they too followed Gorshin out. In the distance, to the North West, the sound of bolter fire, the cough of artillery and the screaming of chainswords could be heard. As Gorshin glanced back to his subordinates, something caught his eye. To the east, sat several Artillery guns previously shrouded by smoke flares but the wind had picked up and the guns were swivelling to the north west, to fire on Lord Zhufor and the Skulltakers.

"Chairne, Bane. Imperial Artillery, to the east." Gorshin's thickly accented voice cut through the cries and chants that could be heard through the background chatter of the vox network.
"Affirmative." They barked in unison.
"Gather the rest of the squad"

Thick ropes of smoke snaked through the rent open carcasses of torn Chimeras. Buckled, rusted metal protruding in jagged tongues scrapping in defiance against the toppled towers of forward observation post. Beyond that, corpses and small sandbag emplacements dotted the rolling hill, just before the makeshift artillery camp. Gorshin and the remnants of his squad slithered through the ruins; so far, undetected.

This will be fun; I'll enjoy this, thought Gorshin. Abandoning the use of his vox, lest the Imperials intercept whatever commands he may have issued, giving away his position, he had reverted to combat gestures and hand signals. Gorhsin held up his fist, signalling his brethren to stop. Outstretched, he moved his arm in an encompassing sweep - three metre spread, flank. Bane moved to his right and Chairne, to his left. Delfrack remained behind him.

Gorshin could make out three men standing in a triangular shape, casually talking and one was smoking a cigarette; it's slim weave of smoke slipping effortlessly up, snaking around the large barrel of the Earth shaker cannon. Two other men were hunched down beyond a dotted, small wall - their auto guns at the ready. The rest of the squad were obscured by the Earth shaker, or were down in basement of the ruined home that the position occupied.

Spitting, Gorshin signalled his squad to advance. It would be a slaughter.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Reading back over these relics, there is quite *a lot* to work on and alter/improve. I remember writing what I thought would be cool, not so much good. So, what do you think?

Inquisitor Kallus
13-02-2011, 17:20
Really cool works there. Would love to use some of your work.

Wyrmwood
13-02-2011, 18:17
Really cool works there. Would love to use some of your work.

Thank you Kallus; any thoughts?

Inquisitor Kallus
13-02-2011, 18:18
Check your PMs

andyg2006
19-02-2011, 14:55
Hi, I'd like to try to write something Necron-related for this...
Not "world-destroying horror" or anything big, just an awakening/initial phase kind of stuff (probably including some sort of Imperial scum/criminal/Arbites involvement): small scale ideas which you can keep/amend/ignore, however you want (I'm not 'precious' about what I write).
I'm not saying it'll be up to the really high standards already here, but would this be okay as an attempt?

Inquisitor Kallus
19-02-2011, 19:23
@andyg2006: For sure. On my site I want to try to tie in new releases from GW, so when the Necrons come out it would be awesome to have a raft of stories to use, coming from different areas and planets as they awaken.

By the way does anyone have the skill to make decent maps for worlds/areas/locations?

Inquisitor Kallus
13-08-2012, 00:44
Re-opening an old thread as I have started work again on my campaign/resource site

Alan
13-08-2012, 18:59
Great, if you like you can use any of my art. There is too much of it to repost it here but feel free to visit my deviant art page http://alanbajric.deviantart.com/ and pick if something suits you. Some of art maybe wont be visible if you are not a member because of parental lock (nudity, gore, violence etc.).

Son of Sanguinius
14-08-2012, 02:36
Anything specific you're looking for, Kallus? Or just Tempestus based material?

Inquisitor Kallus
14-08-2012, 12:23
Literally anything, though id prefer smaller scale stuff over some of the more epic things. Stuff like items/artefacts, low level characters (that would be at home in games of Dark Heresy for example), groups and factions, worlds/cities etc.

Inquisitor Kallus
13-11-2012, 21:01
Sorry, thought id bring it back, see if people are still interested

Son of Sanguinius
13-11-2012, 21:10
I am, Kallus. Work got in the way of writing for fun for a while there, but I have more time now. I'm going to go over the PMs we exchanged and rework some of my earlier ideas. Anything in particular you're looking for or trying to avoid?

Inquisitor Kallus
13-11-2012, 21:20
Hey dude, same as before really. Ive been running DH games so a lot of effort has been put into them .

Son of Sanguinius
13-11-2012, 22:06
Here is a Tau special operative that I've been working on. Feel free to use how and when you see fit.

Serra Mont’yr, The Blooded Shade

“For the Greater Good” is not merely an ideology. It is a way of life. It is theoretical and practical, applicable to all facets of one’s existence. For the Tau Empire, it is a phrase that has come to encompass their galactic perspective. For all its seeming simplicity, it contains an inherent duality. On the one hand, it represents the impossible utopia that the Tau strive for – to render the galaxy into an image of prosperity and unity, where both the collective and the individual benefit. On the other, it represents the totality of one’s commitment to that goal and that ultimately any act, no matter how severe, can be justified if it in fact serves the greater good.

Serra Mont’yr is that totality, or at least, one of its many invisible facets. Most Aun do not fully appreciate or understand her origins. It is speculated by some that she and those like her were created out of reaction to the Gue’la Emperor’s use of assassins in the field of war. Others postulate that she was a Fire Warrior of unique and superlative talents whose ingrained nobility drove her to immerse herself in shadow so that her fellows could remain in the light. Some conjecture, though rarely ever given voice, even suggests that she is some metaphysical embodiment of the Greater Good in its most relentless aspect.

Whatever her true nature, Serra Mont’yr has proven extremely capable at covert operations and tactical advisement. She is a superb markswoman and technical genius and goes into battle equipped with the best training and equipment that the Fire and Earth castes can offer. She possesses a battlefield acumen that rivals most Shas’o, who will often defer to her strategies and opinions on the rare occasions that she makes her presence known. Perhaps most useful to the Empire are her stealth and surveillance talents, of which no Tau can match her. She has walked on planets from one side of the galaxy to the other, from the Eye of Terror to the Solar System itself. She reports to the Ethereal caste on the workings of the galaxy’s other powers, with a particular emphasis on any directly looming threats to the Greater Good. What she has seen has driven her to a life of almost total silence and solitude, but nothing has yet shaken her resolve.

Inquisitor Kallus
25-11-2012, 01:47
Awesome, thanks Son

Inquisitor Kallus
02-03-2013, 17:46
Anyone else? Still looking for artists and writers

andyg2006
16-03-2013, 09:36
Thought I'd add this in here (I hope it works for people).
Just like the other tales I have transcribed, I imagine that these will be more about "the small, personal stories" from individuals (i.e. nothing like crusades, wars etc), but this is just the background setting which came into my mind for them to have a play around in.

I'd be really grateful for your thoughts and suggestions. Unless it's something offensive or crude, I don't think there's anything such as "negative criticism" as it always helps to have a fresh pair of eyes looking over things.

I'm happy to answer queries, receive responses/advice/ideas and provide more thoughts if anyone wants to ask. But please do this via private message, so that they do not hijack or take over Inquisitor Kallus' thread here.

I don't have "all the answers" myself about what everything is, how it works, or for a start + middle + end, or who (or what) the characters will be yet. I think it needs some Necrons in it, though.
As always, I am keeping my mind open to the Muses and thoughts which enter my consciousness.

The desert world of Learo Tertius was no stranger to disappearances, yet none of these caused alarm.

Whilst the first planetary explorers and terra-formers had established themselves on every rocky outcrop their scanners could find, they saw little reason to branch out onto the further reaches of the swirling blue sands.

Mid-days saw them scorched by the system’s twin suns and the winters had brought constant winds.
Yet the rest of the year was relatively pleasant: when the heavily-laden harvesters returned from another successful mining shift, their crews rested safe in the knowledge that the rocks offered cool shade against the worst of the day’s heat.
Tunnelling afforded them ample protection from the gales which whipped the sands and smaller boulders into whirlwinds which chased each other across the dunes and horizon.

From the bodies of incautious families found season after season in the Western Quadrant, the winds were believed so severe that they could not only erode buildings at an alarming rate, but also scour the flesh of a body inch by inch, leaving merely their bones behind.

With virtually the entire population engaged in strip-mining the planet, phenomena had quickly been found: vast underground pools and fountaining springs which were soon tapped and diverted.
These not only allowed the humans to thrive and survive instead of having to import their supplies, but the planet also exported it to other worlds, earning an increasingly healthy trade income.

Generations grew up on wild childhood speculations and rumours about the origin of the waters which had brought them so much life and prosperity.
Nobody in living memory had ever sought the true source of the waters, nor the reason for them, but crude carvings of several faces and forms amongst the otherwise featureless rocks had given this resource the collective name of Shadewater.

Eventually, the teeming inhabitants outgrew their surroundings and had to decide whether or not to extend their domains into the shifting desert wastes.
Ignorant fears and dreads abounded about what they might find and whether it would be safer to stay as they were.
Heated debates raged whilst the ruling council of four considered the merits and flaws of such a program.
Unwilling to send the latest population boom to other worlds, in the end the bravado and mortal selfishness of the expansionist faction prevailed. Accepting the decision, all put their best efforts towards succeeding in the task set before them.

The agreements had initially set out parameters for maximum yearly expansion in order for the powermongers and Councillors to maintain some kind of control and reason over their lessers.
But iron and other metal badly needed for construction soon lured the most intrepid to stretch and break the boundaries of what was permitted.
In a moment of human weakness and avarice, the Council reluctantly agreed to let their people forge their own destinies from any foreboding lands which they could reach.

Thus, the Forge-Houses of Learo Tertius soon forgot about the maintenance of equipment and the researching of new technologies.
Instead, they turned their hammers and metal-presses to satisfying the increasing demands for speedy landers and hover-caravans which came from nearly every family.

In the hope of securing more than a fleeting interest from an off-world cartel, the Council had also created hundreds of huge slab-sided machine-parts and metres-thick lengths of armour plating for a Land-Train...a gigantic vehicle from ancient days which was envisaged to be able to survive even the harshest conditions and to continue mining for months -or even seasons- at a time.

As construction of the modular outer hull panels neared their end, this behemoth was to be named after the planet's most wondrous supply.
Caught up in their eagerness to show progress to their paymasters and complete at least one stage in the process, many concerns still existed about the power source for such a leviathan...

Inquisitor Kallus
17-03-2013, 19:27
Like it a lot Andy, great stuff. People should feel free to post up any feedback c+c in this thread, I have no problem with it at all and would like to encourage it.

Inquisitor Kallus
29-11-2014, 22:14
Ahoy hoy, still on the lookout for anyone interested in doing art and design style work

Inquisitor Kallus
14-03-2015, 15:19
Looking for some ideas as to what I can add to this planetary governor to make him a bit more 40k

Khaines Wrath
15-03-2015, 00:40
Looking for some ideas as to what I can add to this planetary governor to make him a bit more 40k

That's very good, did you do it?

I don't if this is the sort of thing your after but...

- Vast sweeping robes. How would people know you we're important without vast sweeping robes?
-An ostentatious symbol of office, like some enormous eagle medallion fitted with jewels.
-One hand could be clutching something like a gold handled whip, this guy screams slaver or at the very least "no nonsense disciplinary work or I kill you".
-His face is very hard, like perhaps he has seen battle? A well placed trophy can speak volumes and adds to the characters history. A string of Ork teeth, an Ethereals rotting head hanging by its topknot around his belt, some Eldar runes, a weapon fashioned from Tyranid chiton.
-Nothing saids 40k like bionics, a power fist or lightning claw would look pretty good.
-And what's a governor without servo skulls and an entourage of slavish servitors?

Inquisitor Kallus
15-03-2015, 02:06
That's very good, did you do it?

I don't if this is the sort of thing your after but...

- Vast sweeping robes. How would people know you we're important without vast sweeping robes?
-An ostentatious symbol of office, like some enormous eagle medallion fitted with jewels.
-One hand could be clutching something like a gold handled whip, this guy screams slaver or at the very least "no nonsense disciplinary work or I kill you".
-His face is very hard, like perhaps he has seen battle? A well placed trophy can speak volumes and adds to the characters history. A string of Ork teeth, an Ethereals rotting head hanging by its topknot around his belt, some Eldar runes, a weapon fashioned from Tyranid chiton.
-Nothing saids 40k like bionics, a power fist or lightning claw would look pretty good.
-And what's a governor without servo skulls and an entourage of slavish servitors?

Aye, I did, still very WIP heres a bit more.

Hes kind of corrupt ish, not in a chaotic way just a bit dictator like. Runs assasin houses to carry out 'punishments', restricts water usage etc. I thought about adding personal water containers to his back or something. I dont know. Im trying to do some portrait style stuff for the site, different planets will have different things. Those are some cool ideas and ill probably add some if I do a full figure piece. Trying to get my head round the concepts and colour

Khaines Wrath
15-03-2015, 10:41
It's an excellent piece.
I quite like the idea of personal water containers, I'd either have really fancy glass vials or a full blown water tank servitor, essentially some bionic slave shuffling beside him lugging some huge tank of water to dispense at his pleasure.

Art_Steve
13-04-2015, 11:16
Hey I'm new to Warseer but thought I would introduce myself. I'm an avid gw painter and im a freelance illustrator also. I was planning on doing art based on my models. You are welcome to use any and all images I do.

Inquisitor Kallus
13-04-2015, 12:59
Thanks, that is very kind of you. What sort of things interest you the most from an artistic standpoint?