PDA

View Full Version : Multi Meltas

jthdotcom
04-01-2011, 00:52
How many multi melta's do you get in the devestator box? I know some of the weapons you get 2 off, but which ones?

MajorWesJanson
04-01-2011, 00:58
2 Heavy Bolters
2 Las Cannons
2 Plasma Cannons
1 Missile Launcher
1 Multi-Melta

jthdotcom
04-01-2011, 01:12
Typical, was multi melta's I was after, for long fangs

zantis
04-01-2011, 04:27
funny, when i think longfangs i think 5 missile launchers. but i guess since the dev box only comes with 1 missile launcher that wouldnt fix your problem.

Mini77
04-01-2011, 06:04
Missiles are normally a better option because they're double the range.

As for getting hold of the meltas; ask around. People may have spares from their Land Raider, Land Speeder or bike kits. They're not difficult to convert for use with infantry.

Castigator
04-01-2011, 08:09
funny, when i think longfangs i think 5 missile launchers.

Not if you pod them with Logan...

Vaktathi
04-01-2011, 09:31
Not if you pod them with Logan...

Logan +1 long fang squad and pod costing more than what 3 full ML long fang squads would however. Unless your opponent is running two land raiders close to each other, there's generally no reason to run Logan like that other than giggles. The 15 missiles at up to 6 different targets are generally going to accomplish more.

Castigator
04-01-2011, 09:34
Logan +1 long fang squad and pod costing more than what 3 full ML long fang squads would however. Unless your opponent is running two land raiders close to each other, there's generally no reason to run Logan like that other than giggles. The 15 missiles at up to 6 different targets are generally going to accomplish more.

Isn't "giggles" why one plays? ML-spam = no giggles = I'd rather watch paint dry than play 40K.

Also, it doesn't strike me as a very "Space Wolf-thing" to do to sit as faaaaaaar back as possible and wittled down the enemy by attrition, rather than go for the opponents jugular with some hardnend Long Fangs unafraid to get in close and dirty.

Vaktathi
04-01-2011, 09:57
well,lets be honest, putting a super elite CC character, a unique an mighty hero whose renknowned for his fearsome personal assaults, into a cheap HW squad full of anti-tank guns also doesn't seem exactly like the most wolfy thing in the universe. (well, given the quality of the recent 5E SM fluff, it just might...:()

insectum7
04-01-2011, 10:03
And I thought I was aggressive in putting Devastators in a Rhino...