PDA

View Full Version : the Invasion Scenario: Who has played it and how did it go?

Malorian
04-01-2011, 16:13
Looking through the book, and in particular the extra scenarios, I came across the invasion scenario.

For those who don't know, think of the watch tower scenario but there is three of them, and the attacker comes on the short board edge and his troops keep coming back for an 8 turn game.

Looks interesting to me as long as the 3 defense points weren't all set too far back, but I was wondering how others have found it.

Does it make for a fun and fair game?

Wakerofgods
04-01-2011, 22:50
That does sound cool!

AdamAtCollege
04-01-2011, 23:13
It does sound cool, but looks like not a lot of people have tried it. I don't have three towers to use.

Pancakey
05-01-2011, 00:32
I've played this scenario and its really fun! We played on a 6x4 board so we only played 6 out of the suggested 8 turns but still it was great fun!! Try it and let us know how it goes! :)

Don Zeko
05-01-2011, 03:09
I played it at 5000 points per side on the recommended 6x8 board: Dark Elves attacking a Dwarf/Empire alliance. I thought it would just be a catastrophe for the elves against the artillery battery, but they had bad artillery dice rolls and I had some lucky war machine hunters. I might even write up the battle report one of these days...

Torpedo Vegas
05-01-2011, 03:56
I wrote one a while back,, the basic premise follows:
Three armies, two allied with each other.
Armies divided into "Attackers" the two allied armies and "Defenders" (the remaining one.)

Played on a 6 by 4, with defenders deploying on the short sides, in a 24 inch 24 by 48 inch zone. The attackers roll a d6, 1-2 is left table side, 3-4 is right, 5-6 is far, the come in off the table edge.The is an objective "the village" 12 inches ahead of that deployment. If the attackers get the village, then the defenders have to take a toughness test in each unit to represent the attackers cutting off supplies, while it counts as a normal objective for defenders. Similarly, the defenders get 2 capture points if the manage to keep at least one unit in their deployment zone at above half strength, while if the attackers finish with no Defender units in the defender deployment, the attackers get the 2 capture points. There is a capture point on the opposite side of the table from the defender deployment called "the pass", worth one capture point. Additionally, if an attacker controls it, they may re-deploy a destroyed (core) 0unit, without command, from this table edge each turn. The game last I think 6 turns,. who ever controls most points wins.