PDA

View Full Version : Females in chaos?

Commanderxenos
18-03-2006, 19:13
Would anyone object to using sisters of battle in chaos marine squads? I know they would have to be converted to look chaotic, but stil. Would anyone object if they fought a chaos army with battle sisters mixed within it. I ask, because I may do a chaos army, and mix Imperial marines and chaos marines, and I am thinking even battle sisters to give it the right chaoticness. And I think chaos is the equal oportunity army.. Well when the women aren't slaves or being raped... *If they can be, as I know marines are not well equiped, but chaos might change that*

Night Master
18-03-2006, 19:40
Don't see why people would be opposed to you converting up Sisters to be Chaos. I have a friend that was trying to convert up an entire Slannesh Chaos army using Sisters of Battle models.

Corporal Chaos
18-03-2006, 19:45
I think that it would be OK. I mean they are in power armor and have bolt guns. Chaos is Chaos and it manifests itself any way you want. I use the chaos Maruaders for Chaos SM's and no one has objected. Slight conversions but CSM the are. So some Sisters gon astray and fighting for Chaos, sure they would be gifted to be as deadly as their male counter parts. Go for it, sounds like a good theme.
Da Corporal :D :eek:

Hideous Loon
18-03-2006, 19:48
And you could even use a Living s(AINT) for a Daemon Princess-thingy, with Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Armour and Ether Lance. Some converting might be in order, but not much.

mattjgilbert
18-03-2006, 20:12
Sounds fine to me - I have half a mind to do a Slaneesh army and will probably include some in that.

precinctomega
18-03-2006, 20:20
I would feel positively privileged to play against such an army.

R.

MacVurrich
18-03-2006, 20:28
I use regually Sisters of Battle who are tainted
I.e Harpies as seraphim and a Living Saint convertd from Dark Eldar Lelith Hesperax held aloft on her hair.

Also at the Sabbat campaign last november there was a noise marine army base almost entirley on SoB models including Sisters on bikes and Sisters on steeds of Slannesh

have a look here for a couple of models

http://www.gcnm.org.uk/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album07/Low_Riders.sized.jpg
http://www.gcnm.org.uk/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album07/Sisters_of_Slaanesh.jpg

From what I heard they liklely to be featured in an upcoming Dwarf

Also have a look on cool mini or not
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/thumbnails/pics8/b6b17f6ee88fa40a10181c00bff8d99f.jpg

lord_blackfang
18-03-2006, 20:58
have a look here for a couple of models

http://www.gcnm.org.uk/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album07/Low_Riders.sized.jpg
http://www.gcnm.org.uk/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album07/Sisters_of_Slaanesh.jpg

So you're the guy who shelled out 20+ pounds per model for the Beautiful Deadly Children on eBay two months ago!

Yodhrin
18-03-2006, 21:22
You know what I'd like to see? A Chaotic female who's NOT dedicated to Slannesh. Hell, most of the women I know would end up with Tzeench or Khorne :p

Kadaan
18-03-2006, 21:25
Wow, these Sisters of Slaanesh are stunning. You bought them on Ebay?

ArtificerArmour
18-03-2006, 21:31
The guy who made them showed us on the P&T forum. he's a mercenary :p

Ardathair
19-03-2006, 00:17
Use the sisters models, you can find a number of ways to justify it as long as they look good.

Come on would either Slaanesh or Tzeench give a worshipper a gift which altered their gender.:D

OK they would. Too bad the only way to get the mark of Tzeench on a chaos marine squad is to make them walking suits of armor. Personaly I'm partial to Slaaneshi females but Tzeench ones would be cool. Khorne doesn't have enough of a sense of humor for that mutation. How about a unit of Khornate Berserkers who were the target of Fleshy Curse, only instead of the normal effects they were turned female?

Commanderxenos
19-03-2006, 01:48
well personally I was thinking undivided. So no specific god worship. And sorry I don't think there will be any transgender in my army!!!

Ardathair
19-03-2006, 02:43
Sorry about that last post, earlier in the day a girl I know was going on about some cartoon called half Raman or something. It stuck in my head.

CommunistBrother
19-03-2006, 03:15
Why would it have to be magic that would turn them female? Couldn't, say, some extremist sisters take purging the heretic too far? To the point where they fall to Khorne's blood lust and becoming one with the frothing maniac legions of the Berzerkers?

I think chaos has the easiest job explaining away female... well anythings, in fact, it's a simple explanation of a lot of things simply to point and say "Chaos did it."

Ardathair: Could that cartoon be Ranma1/2 that crazy anime show?

Rypher
19-03-2006, 03:31
Yeah, i think it was Ranma 1/2 he was talking about. a guy turns into a girl when cold water hits him.
in the grim darkness of the 41st millenium....a guy turns into a girl when Chaos consumes him.

MorningStar
19-03-2006, 03:48
You know I had the same idea to use in my WB army. And a friend of mine uses those Sisters Repentia as followers of Khorne, calls them Brides of Khorne. I mean they do run around with huge chainswords... why not. I say go for it.

Col. Dash
19-03-2006, 04:16
Bah, khorne marines are not a legion of frothing maniacs, stupid GW changing the fluff all the damn time.
The commander of my Night Lords chapter is a female. Trying to remember what I used, I know there is the head from a female Necromunda either plasma of heavy stubber figure. The one with the lower face mask and big top knot hair thing. Then I used a sister squad leader fig holding the sword up, dremmeled off the old head, storm bolter and all the Imp markings, threw on a chaos backpack and bolt pistol, dremmeled the sword around some and painted her in NL colors.

Ardathair
19-03-2006, 04:26
The big problem with using females as Chaos Space Marines is T 4. Nurgle is the only god who normally increases toughness (isn't his creed; That which does not kill me makes me tougher?). And sororitas do not look like bloated nurgle worshippers.

Karhedron
19-03-2006, 11:19
I think that using converted SOBs in a Chaos army is a cool idea. I toyed with idea about a year ago but I was too much of a wimp to convert that many metal models (plus a friend of mine had just started a Slaneshi army). If you have the inkling to do it then I say go for it! :)

MacVurrich
19-03-2006, 15:35
So you're the guy who shelled out 20+ pounds per model for the Beautiful Deadly Children on eBay two months ago!
Actually No
I just saw them at Sabbat and the others on Cool mini
I actually did a poorer version of my own before I saw these ( there even worse in my mine now:p )

susu.exp
19-03-2006, 17:44
I think chaos has the easiest job explaining away female... well anythings, in fact, it's a simple explanation of a lot of things simply to point and say "Chaos did it."

I disagree. The easiest job of explaining female models goes to Witch Hunters/SoB. Second easiest is a tie between Eldar, DE, DH, Chaos and IG followed by Tau, Vespids and Kroot (where sexual dimorphism seems to be non-existent), then Marines (where you could at least argue for gene seed mutations, etc.) and with Necrons (unless you argue, as Donna Hardaway did, that cyborgs are female by default), Orks and īNids (Though a 40k skale Norn Queen might be an interesting GD display piece) being the hardest.

wexlovexalyson
19-03-2006, 21:16
i honestly think converting sisters would be a great idea for chaos, iv never seen anyone do it around here and if you starting an army of slaanesh it make the idea that much more beautiful.

Zheardok
19-03-2006, 21:31
While it would be neat, I don't think thats possible due to their dedication to the Imperium (Like a priest is to his religion).

Ardathair
19-03-2006, 22:03
While it would be neat, I don't think thats possible due to their dedication to the Imperium (Like a priest is to his religion).

Space Marines, during and since the Horus Heresy, have turned to Chaos, even Inquisitors have. These organizations are supposed to be dedicated to the Imperium just as much as anyone else. And priests have been known to loose faith. Chaos sisters would be rare, certainly but not impossible. Aren't the Grey Knights supposed to be the only organization not to have any member turn to chaos?

Zheardok
19-03-2006, 22:18
No, the Grey Knights have never had any member of their numbers have ever turned to Chaos(It says that near the end of the "Grey Knights" novel by Ben Counter.

Ardathair
19-03-2006, 22:29
I said only. I know that the Grey Knights haven't but all other organizations including the SoB apparently have at one time or another.

Zheardok
19-03-2006, 22:37
I meant only the Grey Knights.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
19-03-2006, 22:46
Well my World Eaters have a female sister convert in their ranks. :evilgrin:

However I agree with the guy ranting about Khorne.. it doesn't make any sense at all that the World eaters are all maniacs... so Mine are Not.

I can feild a World Eater list as per Khorne in the codex, but I also run another version which uses the main list. I loose the free aspiring and +1 to summoning rolls, but I bring Havocs, Obliterators and Raptors to the table.. painting up as my blue and white World Eaters. Nice. :skull:

Jonathan =I=
20-03-2006, 01:37
From what I heard they liklely to be featured in an upcoming Dwarf I hope Hortwerth is going to be credited for it (doubt it though).

acommoncold
20-03-2006, 05:57
Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but there is a GT army with daemons and sister of battle (as chaos space marines converted ) out there. Better yet its called No Man's Land.

Rather interesting, so yes of course and you can say the power of chaos gave them strength like a Space marine and blah blah blah.

Cheers and good luck man.

Insane Psychopath
20-03-2006, 07:10
Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but there is a GT army with daemons and sister of battle (as chaos space marines converted ) out there. Better yet its called No Man's Land.

If you mean the UK GT

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/image/52313952

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/image/52313953

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/image/52313954

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/image/52313986

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/gt_heat_3_nov_05&page=6

Or

http://www.pbase.com/vyrus/image/52313966

Xhalax
20-03-2006, 19:20
The thing is Sisters can fall into Chaos After all they are still human. And despite their level of Faith, they can still be broken and corrupted.
Just read Daemonifuge....and you don't have to go all that far to find at least one tainted Sister.

I think a Choatic Sisters army would look very nice.

Commanderxenos
20-03-2006, 21:07
Ok, I love all fo the feedback, and ideas everyone is giving me. As soon as I get some models. If things go as I want I am going to create a massive army. And I will post progress in the Project logs! It will be a mix of Chaos/Lost and the Damned/kroot. Now I know it sounds weird. But I am going to try and have it be over several force organization charts, so more or less it could be 3 armies. I know it sounds weird, but I think it will be awesome. And yes the combination could work, as lost and the damned can take chaos and kroot allies!

Agamemnon
21-03-2006, 02:26
However I agree with the guy ranting about Khorne.. it doesn't make any sense at all that the World eaters are all maniacs... so Mine are Not.
Yes, it does. Khorne is not a God of Honor or Bravery, he is a God of Murder, Brutality and Bloodshed.

Besides, did you completely miss the part where the World Eaters messed with the brain wetwear and created berzerker implants?

Astartes Rule #1: There are no female space marines.
Slaaneshite Rule #1: Gender is maleable.

So, if you want female space marines, they have to be Slaaneshi. If you simply want to use the space marine rules for female models, that's different.

Agamemnon
21-03-2006, 02:37
The commander of my Night Lords chapter is a female. Trying to remember what I used, I know there is the head from a female Necromunda either plasma of heavy stubber figure. The one with the lower face mask and big top knot hair thing. Then I used a sister squad leader fig holding the sword up, dremmeled off the old head, storm bolter and all the Imp markings, threw on a chaos backpack and bolt pistol, dremmeled the sword around some and painted her in NL colors.
Why?
:eyebrows: