PDA

View Full Version : 2K Mono Khorne Daemons

Jonas666
04-01-2011, 22:58
What do people think about this as a fluffy 1st army?

Lord

Bloodthirster of Khorne
- Immortal Fury
- Armour of Khorne

Heroes

Herald of Khorne
- Armour of Khorne
- Battle Standard - Banner of Unholy Victory

Herald of Khorne
- Armour of Khorne
- Firestorm Blade

Core

23 Bloodletters (4x6)
- Musician
- Standard: Skull Totem
- Bloodreaper

23 Bloodletters (4x6)
- Musician

Special

8 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

8 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

TOTAL: 1993

Lord 24.5%
Heroes 16.5%
Core 30.65%
Special 28%

I'm brand new to Fantasy with 8th. edition, all I know is that Daemons were a bit cheesy in 7th. But my friend persuaded me to play & I have plenty of Khorne Daemons plastics etc from 40k. My limited knowledge now makes me think they face a bit more of a challenge & I don't look forward to my games against Orks &/or Gobbos, Skaven & WoC; advice is needed!

my main concerns are:

1) The Bloodletters coming up against massive deep units of like 50 Clanrats/Goblins etc & getting bogged down in combats that they can't win (due to their relatively low toughness & poor save I'll just get out-numbered).

2) The Bloodthirster getting picked off by cannons/war-machines &/or getting into trouble against deep rank units led by heroes etc.

3) The Flesh Hounds not packing enough punch to break ranks & not get bogged down themselves. I imagine they will easily wipe out war machine crews & weak troops. I also think they will work getting flank charges on units engaged with the Bloodletters; I just worry that 8 won't pack enough punch?

I only want to run mono-Khorne. Any thoughts/ideas are most welcome! I've already begun converting/painting this army but I can add in/min stuff if needed.

Thanks!

Ajatar
08-01-2011, 15:31
It seems pretty well rounded for a mono Khorn army. Flesh hounds are really good at warmachine hunting, I have seen only packs of five never eight I am guessing that you are going to run a 4x2 group.

RMacDeezy
08-01-2011, 15:40
i'd swap the banner of unholy victory for either icon of despair to help break those big units you mentioned or standard of sundering for a modicum of protection against magic. also you could run a big unit of 10 hounds that will hit like a ton of bricks and a small one of 5-6 for war machine duty. the BT will be able to pick his combats fairly well as he is a flyer so don't worry too much about him getting into scraps he can't handle. also ditch the skull totem, it is garbage this edition. icon of endless war however, is pure gold. and if you have any crushers, small units of them (1-2) are great for WM/wizard hunting.

thesheriff
08-01-2011, 22:25
I play mono khorne, here's some advice;

Icon of endless war is better than skull totem in 8th. Your ld 9, re-roll with bsv for march block, or you could get an average 16.5" charge?

Flesh hounds should only ever be 5 for war machines.

Icon of despair is alot more useful than +d3 CR.

Skull taker is the dogs dangles. Never leave home without him. Consider hin on juggernaught in the found unit to charge out and mince ab enemy general.

By the end of this, you'll want bloodletter hordes. For the sake of 12 models (or dropping those flounds down to 6 each), you get loads more attacks

thesheriff

Jonas666
10-01-2011, 22:59
Thanks for the replies guys, I fully took your comments on board & have come up with the following!

Lord

Bloodthirster of Khorne
- Immortal Fury
- Armour of Khorne

24.5%

Heroes

Herald of Khorne
- Armour of Khorne
- Battle Standard - Great Icon of Despair
- Juggernaut

Skulltaker
- Juggernaut

22.75%

Core

26 Bloodletters (5x6)
- Musician
- Bloodreaper
- Standard: Icon of Endless War

26 Bloodletters (5x6)
- Musician
- Bloodreaper

34.85%

Special

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

17.5%

Skulltaker & the Herald both go in a Bloodletter unit so I can get 5 ranks of 6 in each, both units should pack enough punch. Flesh Hounds can kill War Machines etc. Thirster can go beat anything Skulltaker doesn't kill. In the magic phase I just pray :)

Thanks for all the help!
Jonas

thesheriff
11-01-2011, 06:41
Trust me, magic phase is usually fine (ignore magic missiles, the test=death spells are all S and I so your good. Use your dice on the buffs)

And I would personally rather have 5 bloodcrushers than 10 flounds.

Bodysnatcher
11-01-2011, 17:49
Thumbs up for the multiples of eight!
The only downside is it denies you the big advantge for 'letters of fighting in horde formation.