PDA

View Full Version : Savage Orc Big Uns?

CaliforniaGamer
05-01-2011, 17:28
Im not super familiar with the OnG book. In reading the upgrade to "big uns" in the back section of the AB, it states that orc boyz upgraded can carry a magic banner. Although it gives the point cost for upgrading orc savages, it doesnt have the full wording about carrying a magic banner as the first entry at the top of the page.

My search fu has failed and googling shows some disagreement. Likewise, there is no mention of this in the newest FAQ.

BUT...can savage orc big uns carry a 50pt magic banner or what

Malorian
05-01-2011, 17:29
Nope, for some unknown reason savage orcs big uns can't have a banner.

papabearshane
05-01-2011, 17:32
Just another thing we were unhappy with for the 7th edition book. Hope they fix it in the new book.

Malorian
05-01-2011, 17:36
Just another thing we were unhappy with for the 7th edition book. Hope they fix it in the new book.

That and our unit champs getting a magic item allowance :D

:shifty:

CaliforniaGamer
05-01-2011, 18:36
Thanks for the replies.

Another follow up ?:
Can OnG units who fail their animosity test at the beginning of a turn still be Waagh!'d forward via the spell Waagh?

ColShaw
05-01-2011, 18:50
Can OnG units who fail their animosity test at the beginning of a turn still be Waagh!'d forward via the spell Waagh?

Yup. Animosity failure precludes movement in the movement phase, spellcasting from within the unit, and shooting. Magical movement is just fine.

WAAAAGH!

CaliforniaGamer
05-01-2011, 18:57
Another follow up then: can fanatics be moved via Waagh spell? I dont see why not at this point. Follow up again: if Fanatics can be moved via Waagh, how do you determine which units you have LOS to now in 8th ed? (given single models no longer have 360 LOS, right?).

thanks everyone for posting.

Malorian
05-01-2011, 19:02
Yes they can, and they simply go towards the closest enemy unit.

(They are suppose to be spinning around so even with TLOS they should get 360.)

Grimgormx
05-01-2011, 19:02
Fanatics dont need Los to move, just move them in the direction you want, after all they swirling like crazy nuts, so they may see all or nothing

CaliforniaGamer
05-01-2011, 19:05
Can they stop within a unit (which they normally arent permitted to do) via the Waagh spell? or must they pass through?

Malorian
05-01-2011, 19:13
They would just jump to the other side like normal.

CaliforniaGamer
05-01-2011, 19:52
thanks!

last ? I promise: does adding a crew member to the Orc chariot add a wound to the model?

Malorian
05-01-2011, 19:54
Nope, just an extra attack.

However adding an orc bully to a warmachine adds a wound.

Synnister
06-01-2011, 02:21
Another follow up then: can fanatics be moved via Waagh spell? I dont see why not at this point. Follow up again: if Fanatics can be moved via Waagh, how do you determine which units you have LOS to now in 8th ed? (given single models no longer have 360 LOS, right?).

thanks everyone for posting.

Moving a fanatic with Waaagh or the little waaagh version is currently broken.

Like you mentioned no LOS for the model. Therefore you cannot determine if an enemy is visible.
The spells say that if you contact an enemy unit you count as charging. Nothing in the Fanatic rules say that it cannot charge only that it can't be charged.
Since you cannot determine if an enemy unit is visible or not you have to move directly forward. Since the fanatic model is on a round base (since that was what was supplied with it) there is no forward arc therefore no way to determine where the fanatic goes.

With that many issues it is often prudent to discuss with your opponent prior to starting the match so everyone is on the same page. I personally use the same random movement that the fanatic rules describe for subsequent turns. That seems the fairest ruling. Hopefully in the new book they fix this abortion.