PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 500 points, No Magic

Archon Lex
05-01-2011, 19:45
I'm entering a campaign, 500 point starters and I wanted to do High Elves.

There is no magic and normal army limitations apply (percentages, three units and a general minimum), one unit MUST have a unit champion and a standard bearer, this can be any unit.

I'm not overly sure what I could do, but i was thinking along the lines of;

Noble
-heavy armour
-great weapon

12 Sea Guard
-Shields
-Champion
-Standard

10 Archers

10 Archers

Any ideas? If the list won't work at all, feel free to slate it and offer something else, I can run any combination of models so feel free :)

thesheriff
05-01-2011, 20:12
All though a quick fix now, thsoe archers will become annoying and pointless later on. Consider just taking 10 Spears now, less points, and build them up to horde eventually.

The noble; Armour of caelador, luckstone, GW will keep him at 113 (or 111) and he will have a one time 2+ re-rollable svae, 2+ ward vs. fire (which i guarentee some people will take). Be tempted also to take an eagle and skimp on the archers. In fact;

*Noble, Armour of caelador, luckstone, GW = 113
*17 Seaguard (6x3 with Noble) w. command, shields = 246
*10 Spears = 90
*Eagle = 50

_499_

thesheriff

Archon Lex
05-01-2011, 20:15

Kellindel
05-01-2011, 20:36
All though a quick fix now, thsoe archers will become annoying and pointless later on. Consider just taking 10 Spears now, less points, and build them up to horde eventually.

The noble; Armour of caelador, luckstone, GW will keep him at 113 (or 111) and he will have a one time 2+ re-rollable svae, 2+ ward vs. fire (which i guarentee some people will take). Be tempted also to take an eagle and skimp on the archers. In fact;

*Noble, Armour of caelador, luckstone, GW = 113
*17 Seaguard (6x3 with Noble) w. command, shields = 246
*10 Spears = 90
*Eagle = 50

_499_

thesheriff

Pretty solid list....

Though when I was running the same campaign I had two 5 man archers and spearmen. Granted the rules we were using (Warbands) allowed for less than normal unit numbers.

Pulstar
05-01-2011, 20:44
Noble w/GW and AoC = 118
Eagle = 50

and then

17 spearmen w/ Champ and stand = 173
6 Silver Helms w/ Champ and Mus = 159

or
18 spearmen w/ champ and stand = 182
5 DP or 10 Sword masters/white Lions = 150

Run the spearmen 6x3 with the noble.

While the cav unit can't break steadfast, they can add +1 to combat from a flank charge. The SM can do damage, but will die to small arms fire. White lions hold up better vs that.

edit: when you say no magic do you mean no magic items, or no spell casters? If there is no magic items, then you drop you noble down to dragon armor and free up 19 points. Which you then use to get the Swordmaster/While lion unit a champ. (Who should be able to kill most hero by themselves.

Archon Lex
05-01-2011, 21:00
No Magic spellcasters...

Urm, yeah :) thats given me quite a bit to think about and I shall definately have a look :)

thanks

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
06-01-2011, 06:17
Here is an alternative list you could try at 500 pts.:

Noble w/ Greatsword & Armor of Caledor: 118 pts.
14 Lothern Seaguard w/standard, musician, & shields: 197 pts.
Tiranoc Chariot: 85 pts.
2x Great Eagles: 100 pts.

Total: 500 pts.

Similar to the Sheriff's list but with some added CQB punch with the chariot and 2 eagles. It has a decent amout of shooting and has a some command elements for the LSG for helping with CR.