PDA

View Full Version : Horses, Necrons, Extraordinary Mounts and 40k!

Borg451
05-01-2011, 21:59
First of all, can someone (multiplr people if possible) post a pic of Warhammer Horse (preferably Empire Pistolier's) and a Standard Necron (preferably standing upright) next to each other for size comparison..

Other than that, this thread is about mounts in 40k.. Especially mods on conversions, Such as Orks on Boars or perhaps Eldar mounted on Dragons..

MajorWesJanson
05-01-2011, 22:21
I was planning on doing a squad of IG roughriders on velociraptors, to the point of building 2-3 of them. Then I remembered I don't plan to run roughriders, ever. So now I am thinking of taking the IG off and putting SM on and using them as thunderwolves when I play my Astartes as Space Wolves.

Borg451
05-01-2011, 23:02
I was planning on doing a squad of IG roughriders on velociraptors, to the point of building 2-3 of them. Then I remembered I don't plan to run roughriders, ever. So now I am thinking of taking the IG off and putting SM on and using them as thunderwolves when I play my Astartes as Space Wolves.

That sounds awesome! Can you post pics?

Pontiff
06-01-2011, 04:08
I've got some guard in my RT force that are going to be mounted on the old 'space marine riding lizard' (not Dewback honest guv) models.

Got one on the paint pile and a rider for the second once I get round to sourcing it...

In the same force I've two IG MK14 Bullock jetbike riders as well and as its for RT all the mounted figures have an identical 'unmounted' mini for the 50 per cent of the time it gets shot out from under you.

Pics of the riding beast I'll try and sort out but its this one:

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/images/2/24/Limited_Release_-_Space_Marines_Space_Marine_Riding_Lizard.jpg

lazy.sarge
06-01-2011, 06:06
Here's some of my recently completed Rough Riders, using the horses from the Empire Knightly Orders box set and various cadian and pig iron parts. If no one else has done a photo for you I'll do it tomorrow, as the baby is sleeping at the moment so shhhhh ;)

Borg451
06-01-2011, 08:26

That sounds awesome! Can you post pics?

Hypaspist
06-01-2011, 08:33
I know for a fact hrothgar has put IG on Cold Ones for his Rough Riders.

They look pretty good too :)

Born Again
06-01-2011, 09:00
Sorry, I don't have pics, but I know a go who ran a SM biker army. The twist? All the bikers were converted to be Space Marine Centaurs.

MarshallSam
06-01-2011, 17:40
Sorry, I don't have pics, but I know a go who ran a SM biker army. The twist? All the bikers were converted to be Space Marine Centaurs.

Was thinking of doing that for some CSM bikers, could you possibly get a pic of that?

Born Again
07-01-2011, 07:34
^ Haven't seen the guy in a while, but I'll see what I can do.

Lord Damocles
07-01-2011, 17:09
Here are some horses. Necron Warriors (depending on how hunched they are modelled) come up to about the riders' waists.

Borg451
14-01-2011, 14:54
Thank You Damocles.

But Can someone post a pic of a Horse and a Necron Together please.

preferably, Horse Side or 3/4 profile and the Necron Upright?

Thanks.

lazy.sarge
15-01-2011, 01:44
10 characters

Axeman1n
15-01-2011, 03:03
I have a squad of Catachan Jungle Cat Riders, jungle cats done up like Tigers. I got the Dark Elf Spearman spears, + the OK Sabre Cats, along with 10 Jungle Fighters. I'll post a pic when I get home.