PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Tournament list (am i kneive or is this pretty awesome?)

gamerguy1470
06-01-2011, 16:35
Prince (1#, 243 pts)
1 Prince, 243 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Shield)
1 Sword of Strife
1 Armour of Caledor
1 Luckstone
1 Potion of Strength

Archmage (1#, 350 pts)
1 Archmage, 350 pts (Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 Silver Wand
1 Talisman of Saphery
1 Folariath's Robe
Lore of Light
1 Exorcism
1 0. Shem's Burning Gaze
1 1. Pha's Protection
1 2. Speed of Light
1 3. Light of Battle
1 4. Net of Amyntok
1 5. Banishment
1 6. Birona's Timewarp

Noble (1#, 150 pts)
1 ×Noble (Battle Standard Bearer), 150 pts ( Barding; Hand Weapon; Great
Weapon; Dragon Armour; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Elven Steed (Swift Stride)
1 Enchanted Shield

Mage (1#, 180 pts)
1 Mage, 180 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 The Seerstaff of Saphery
1 Obsidian Trinket

1 Wildheart
1 0. Wyssan's Wildform
1 5. The Savage Beast of Horrors

Spearmen (32#, 313 pts)
31 Spearmen, 313 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour;
Shield)
1 Sentinel (Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield)

Spearmen (32#, 313 pts)
31 Spearmen, 313 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour;
Shield)

Phoenix Guard (24#, 440 pts)
23 Phoenix Guard, 440 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy
Armour; Causes Fear)
1 Keeper of the Flame (Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour)
1 Banner of Sorcery

Sword Masters of Hoeth (30#, 510 pts)
29 Sword Masters of Hoeth, 510 pts (; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand
Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Bladelord (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Ironcurse Icon
1 Banner of Arcane Protection

i posted a simliar list last week but this list seems to be more balanced and i feel tht it offers me a lil more killiability without havin to lose my characters, c and c welcome
(i do know that i dont have much on the way of troops, and i also intended no to use the hoard rule for my spearmen, those 2 statements usually fill the feed lol)

Chiungalla
06-01-2011, 16:39
Why do you take a great weapon and the enchanted shield on the BSB?

It is not the list I would play, but if this works out for you.
My lists usually contain a little bit of cavalry and archers/RBT and eagles at least, to add some other options then infantry and magic.

Oberon
06-01-2011, 16:56
High elves have "hoard rule" now? O_o I thought it was only dragons that hoarded stuff in their caves... I'd reconsider fielding spears in a horde, with just 2 ranks you will have to roll extremely well with your s3 attacks to win, as you won't be stubborn against anything that has at least 15 models left after combat. 6-7 wide is enough for HE.

Mounted BSB in a list without any cavalry is stupid, sorry. Any template weapon (cannons included) will target him and kill him way in an instant. As the BSB is your second most important model after archmage, you don't want that. I'd just take armour of caledor&guardian phoenix&GW like everyone else does.. I think the prince is unnecessary here, you could take a small elite unit/cavalry/4 eagles with those points and only lose one point of LD and some s4 attacks. You don't need to use up all those hero&lord points. :)

I'd try to fit MR1 item on the keeper of the flame for 3+ ward vs spells (it's PG that wants that MR, if you move the trinket to them, your lv2 mage can move around better without the trinket tying him to PG).

You definately need some eagles, with 4 ~30 big infantry units your army is very unwieldy, eagles help to share the pain with your opponent, and stuff.

tmarichards
06-01-2011, 21:52
Eagles are a must. Anything that can outfight you, like Warriors and Daemons, will roll right over your combat units unless you can re-direct them.

As already mentioned, Enchanted Shield is a waste of points on the BSB as he can't use it.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
07-01-2011, 04:26
Prince (1#, 243 pts)
1 Prince, 243 pts (General; Hand Weapon; Shield)
1 Sword of Strife
1 Armour of Caledor
1 Luckstone
1 Potion of Strength

Hmmm... you don't need the shield if you're using the AoC. Personally I'd go with a Prince with the White Sword setup if you're planning to go on foot.

Archmage (1#, 350 pts)
1 Archmage, 350 pts (Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 Silver Wand
1 Talisman of Saphery
1 Folariath's Robe
Lore of Light
1 Exorcism
1 0. Shem's Burning Gaze
1 1. Pha's Protection
1 2. Speed of Light
1 3. Light of Battle
1 4. Net of Amyntok
1 5. Banishment
1 6. Birona's Timewarp

Standard setup for HE mages not running book of Hoeth. It's one I often use myself.

Noble (1#, 150 pts)
1 ×Noble (Battle Standard Bearer), 150 pts ( Barding; Hand Weapon; Great
Weapon; Dragon Armour; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Elven Steed (Swift Stride)
1 Enchanted Shield

Trade out the enchanted shield for dragonhelm or helm of destiny if you want to make use of the great weapon and get an armor save buff

Mage (1#, 180 pts)
1 Mage, 180 pts (Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon)
1 The Seerstaff of Saphery
1 Obsidian Trinket

I think the amulet of light would be a better upgrade than the obsidian Trinket. If you're set on the magic resistance go with the amulet of fire as for 5 points more you get a +2 ward save against flaming attacks as well.

1 Wildheart
1 0. Wyssan's Wildform
1 5. The Savage Beast of Horrors

Spearmen (32#, 313 pts)
Shield)

Spearmen (32#, 313 pts)
Shield)

Phoenix Guard (24#, 440 pts)
23 Phoenix Guard, 440 pts (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy
Armour; Causes Fear)
1 Keeper of the Flame (Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour)
1 Banner of Sorcery

Sword Masters of Hoeth (30#, 510 pts)
29 Sword Masters of Hoeth, 510 pts (; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand
Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Bladelord (Always Strikes Last; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour)
1 Ironcurse Icon
1 Banner of Arcane Protection

I can't fault you for wanting magic protection for this unit but they are more often than not usually shot at by warmachines and conventional firepower than magic. Keep the Ironcurse Icon but change the banner to one that can make it get into CQB faster or help in CQB. Banner of Ellryion or Banner of Swiftness would be ideal for closing on targets while War Banner or Razor Standard helps for CQB. If you play with a lot of building terrain consider the Banner of Eternal Flame as this give ways to deal with regeneration and give them re-roll to wounds in building assaults.

i posted a simliar list last week but this list seems to be more balanced and i feel tht it offers me a lil more killiability without havin to lose my characters, c and c welcome
(i do know that i dont have much on the way of troops, and i also intended no to use the hoard rule for my spearmen, those 2 statements usually fill the feed lol)

Other than the lack of any shooting elements it's a pretty good compromise between CQB and Magic.

Trains_Get_Robbed
07-01-2011, 05:06
I don't mean to be rude, but that list is not only sub par, but absoultley not tourney-ready. :/

These are the standard suggestions, and things people take in lists:

AoC, G.P, G.W BsB upgrade on Noble (should be only noble).

If a lord level charcter has this at 2,500 points with White sword, etc. . . then instead take B.Steed, G.W, Tekgadmor's Gaunlets, and the Lion Gem (?) or the item that lets you use 3D6 for LD once per game.

The that lvl 4 needs either Life, Shadow or Death (I personally run Life every game). Also, consider taking a scroll on him instead of Silver Wand, you don't really need five spells with a cap of 12 dice (unless death).

Why are the spears in blocks of 31? Instead take on block of spears at 25 then, a LSG unit of 26/7 and give BoEF, to knock a wounds off of Hydras, HPAs, and the like (works well with units in the flank, that attack later, or with boosted S stat).

a Lvl 2 should have depending on your LvL 4: Shadow, or Death, Life, (beasts for Sig spell) or H.E. If you have Silver Wand on the Lvl 2 then I try to run Life sometimes, if not then one of the other 3. Miasma and P.Sun are the bane of anything. If not Silver Wand, then A.C as it just boosts your dispell phase into something good.

Your Prince's bulid is quite underwhelming, I could give you suggestions outside of the standard "One Popper" I have all ready mentioned, however just run Mr. White.

Drop the Banner of Arcane Protection -your not protecting yourself from anything really, all the good spells are no saves charcteristic tests.

Look to drop the P.G down to 19 (mage bunker I'm guessing?), S.M to 20 (Mr. White goes in here), lastly, put your lvl 2 mage into the LSG unit that you should have and and and and and and. . . BsB in either Spear, or LSG ( I would rather put the Mage in the spear unit, but if oyu give Reaver Bow, then he needs be in the LSG, otherwise switch what I said).

Look to add in a chariot or 2 eagles, D.Ps, or *shudders* RBTs to taste depending on what else you take out, fiddle with.

Gaargod
07-01-2011, 14:08
Please, don't copy paste out of armybuilder. You took the time to edit out the points costs, thankfully, but its just annoying to read.
As a side note, its 'naive' not kneive.

Elves actually get the least out of lore of light. They're already have good WS and great I and come with ASF - so the best buff spells are somewhat wasted. This leaves you with shadow, death or life.

Life will give your archmage the ability to make your elves live. Which is nice. Also, Dweller's Below is one of the best spells in the game, if not the best. On the other hand, you really want most of the spells, so silver wand is a necessary...

Death is angry, especially at character killing. However, it works best at short ranged - and with purple sun, at the flanks of battle lines.

Shadow is drop dead gorgeous for elves. The stat reducing spells (or Okkam's razor) make your elves shred enemy troops. Also has great synergy with both life and death, by reducing enemy stats to make them more vulnerable.

thesheriff
07-01-2011, 20:14
Basically, you are a naive. Gunline would rip you a new anus. I could kill your awsome 500pt unit of swordsmasters with one 75pt mortar. And i would regularly take 3 :evilgrin:

You need to split them, make them less intimidating a target. Hopfully, then they'll get to combat. 2 x 14 with command would be good.

The pg's are a favourite of mine (perfect for banner of sorcery).

I rarley find fighty chrecters not on monsters or something riden to be effective. Dropping him would get you a pair of lion chriots almost.

I could understand if you put your bsb on a steed with protection. Actually, no i couldnt. He needs to be on foot, with the pg's (for 5x5 block of imovable stubborn, 4++, re-roll ld awsomness). with armour of caelador, guardian phoiniex personally. Good combo and a half :D.

Give your lv.2 shadow for stats reducers. And life on the lv.4 is awsome.

Personally, would ahve the spearmen as 3x20 with command (205 pu). a bloodletter horde woudl love to get inot them and overrun past stuff. Smaller units, staggered, will be more flexible and yeild less individual points. Alternativly, make them seaguard.

But, other than that, good :p

thesheriff

tmarichards
08-01-2011, 10:03
Lol.

Sheriff, if you're going to correct someones grammar/spelling, make sure you do it right.

'Naive' is an adjective, not a noun. Therefore you are not 'a naive', you are 'naive'.

09-01-2011, 03:07
Lol.

Sheriff, if you're going to correct someones grammar/spelling, make sure you do it right.

'Naive' is an adjective, not a noun. Therefore you are not 'a naive', you are 'naive'.

Maybe he meant the OP is a knave?

Regardless, I heartily second all the Sheriff's counsel. (or council)

thesheriff
09-01-2011, 07:44
Lol.

I meant to do that :shifty:. At least I got the spelling right. God I hate iPhone predictive text :p

And thank you AotE, that os what I meant.