PDA

View Full Version : Kick-ass Skaven

Finnblood
19-03-2006, 09:42
This list seems to work like a charm! I've killed knight RAF, SAD and other cheese-lists with it. Any thoughts?

Plague Priest no. 1 (G) 99
+Flail
+Warp-stone amulet

Plague Priest no. 2 134
+Flail
+Skavenbrew

Plague Priest no. 3 123
+Weeping blade

Assassin 155
+Warpstone star

Clanrats (24) 234
+spears
+musician
+standard
+warp-fire
+PP1

Clanrats 215
+musician
+standard
+fire

Clanrats 215
+musician
+standard
+fire

2 Giant rat packs 60
2 Giant rat packs 60

5 Night runners 25
5 Night runners 25
5 Night runners 25

15 Plague Monks 160
+Ad. h-w
+standard
+musician
+burning hatred
+PP3

5 Gutters 70
+Poison
+Assassin

4 Tunnelers 60

4 Rat ogres 200

3 DoW Ogres 133
+GW
+standard
+PP2

oma
19-03-2006, 12:04
why not some plague censerberers?

Finnblood
19-03-2006, 15:12
No, not them. In my experience, they're simply over-priced fodder for missiles and usually poison themselves to death.

Big fellas and combat resolution work well enough against knights and such (errant knights vs. giant rats - guess who held the first turn and prevailed on the 2nd. Yes, the rats!)

DeathlessDraich
19-03-2006, 15:13
3 plague priests and only a small block of 15 monks. Hmmmmm. Not sure whether that would be effective.
How did you manage against shooting or gunline armies?
Against Ogre kingdoms with 2 butchers or more your inability to dispel will cause a cascading panic.

Finnblood
19-03-2006, 15:28
I've found that the monks work best when in small, hard-hitting units - 15 re-rollable attacks hurt! (I use them in 5x3 blocks). And also, this unit will be affordable to sacrifice, which suits my suicide tactics.

Only problem's are if enemy gets the charge or if some sorcerer or war machine wreaks havoc on them. Well, that's why I have the night runners - good screens say I.

Also, they have frenzy, so sometimes it happens that something like mere four monks end up charging after some heavy shooting.

Heavy shooting is always a problem, but the scouting party tends to keep most archers on their toes. Also, the tunnelling team token besides a cannon or stone thrower makes opponents sweat.

High elves have been a problem - especially the dragon. Maybe a warlord with fellblade, but then again, dragons tend to fly away...

Strong screen of slaves is maybe one solution, but unless they are all dead in turn 3, they are an annoying nuissance in the way of my hard-hitting troops. Sometimes I'm forced to scorch them to make them panic and reveal the enemy.

Night runners are almost always dead when needed and if not, they're easy to clean from the way.

With OK and seer counsel, I trust my luck and sheer numbers.
I know butchers are mean with their brain gobblers, but failing a Ld-test with a full unit is not very probable. And if you could prepare yourself to anything, you would be invincible, eh?

But OK-players seem to concentrate on my Assassin - no body likes 3 warpstonestars on their wizards! And assassin has the Ld of 9, so no problem there.

Teach
19-03-2006, 21:06
Nice list, but way not take the Clan Pestilens list? 2x monks, 2x clans rats, 2x nrunners,2 gutters. Maybe save some points somewhere for 3 leadbelchers instead of normal ogres. You even have points to spare for some slaves or swarms. oohhthe Clan Pest list is not legal then anymore, so just the normal one. have fun

h4rdriv3
19-03-2006, 21:57
But OK-players seem to concentrate on my Assassin - no body likes 3 warpstonestars on their wizards! And assassin has the Ld of 9, so no problem there.
Arent assassin's leadership 8? but yeah i find that aswell warlords with fell blade are abit of a double edge sword but they dont half work well when they work:cool: