PDA

View Full Version : Star wars battlefront and other online starwars games...

Marsekay
29-05-2005, 16:41
Hello all.

i purchased battlefront today just to see what its like, i havnt had a go yet as my hard drives taking a week to defragment.

Anyone played it before? or even own it?

I played galaxies for a couple of months last year, where it succeeded in messing my life up. but i soon grew tired of it.

anyone else have any views on star wars online games?

Cheesejoff
29-05-2005, 16:44
I played it on the XBox, it was pretty good but got boring soon, although I didn't haveXBLive... I hear it's good online though.

The boyz
29-05-2005, 17:44
I have got Star Wars Battlefront for the PS2 its a great game. I would highly reconmend it for the PS2 especially when you play the two player split screen mode.

Cypher
29-05-2005, 20:05
Its not bad, but it's a poor subsittute for BF1942. Lots of cool stuff, but I found that it just lacked any real depth. But it is a bit of fun.

SW:BF2 is on the horizon, and from what's been said it sounds pretty good.

Galaxies was a really strange one. Its undoubtably the best realisation of the SW universe possible for an MMO. It looks fantasic, and there's plenty of cool stuff out there. Problem is, it's completely lacking any focus. While an MMO should be open-ended, having some sort of direction or sense of purpose for the player is still essential, and Galaxies doesnt have that. I played it for about ten days almost non-stop, before I just kinda realised I was bored with it.

Delicious Soy
30-05-2005, 07:33
I have it on PC. There's only a few servers that have anyone on them but the game is pretty fun.

Samoth
30-05-2005, 14:27
One of the few bf style games on xbox. I think I'll get it, after call of duty, which is my favourite game for realism and skill right now.

Cypher
30-05-2005, 16:56
Id suggest waiting until SW:BF2 is released later this year. By the look of it the quality game is pretty huge, and I mean that in a good way.

DisruptorX
30-05-2005, 19:29
Just get Jedi Academy. The lightsaber battles in that game are literally the most enjoyable thing ever. Manual control, heck yea.

SpecChild
31-05-2005, 01:03
Battlefront is a good game. I found it good because it gave me a different game to play besides Battlefield 1942. Battlefront 2 is going to be even better though, with the option of being a Jedi and ship battles.

The boyz
31-05-2005, 15:51
Yeah I was quite annoyed with Battlefront, mainly due to two things in particular.

Trying to pilot a plane of whatever type X-wing or Snowspeerder etc, is nearley impossible.
Also you dont get a Light Sabre.

SpecChild
01-06-2005, 03:37
Yeah I was quite annoyed with Battlefront, mainly due to two things in particular.

Trying to pilot a plane of whatever type X-wing or Snowspeerder etc, is nearley impossible.
Also you dont get a Light Sabre.
Well they fix the two things you found most annoying. As mentioned before, you can be a Jedi and the designers have completely rehauled the ship controls.

Kiro
01-06-2005, 04:15
Got Battlefront for the xbox, and I loved it. Me, my brother, and his flatmates played it nonstop for about two months before we finally got bored of it from playing the damn game too much! I still crack it out now and then and have a go because it's so damn enjoyable. I'm looking forward to Battlefront 2 and intend to snap it up the day it's released.

Delicious Soy
01-06-2005, 12:46
The aircraft wouldn't be so bad, if you could roll them.

The boyz
01-06-2005, 18:25
Well they fix the two things you found most annoying. As mentioned before, you can be a Jedi and the designers have completely rehauled the ship controls.

Ideal, cant wait for the game to come out. At last I should be able to fly about with out any hinderance. And chop some stuff up with a Light Sabre. :D

Delicious Soy
14-06-2005, 05:46
Great. Lightsabers. As if the dominance of mines wasn't bad enough, now they're going to introduce lightsbaers to the mix. How exactly do they plan to balance THAT out?

Samoth
14-06-2005, 12:57
You are a jedi "apprentice", and so can't block every shot coming at you?

warlordgrubnatz
14-06-2005, 19:59
ive got it on xbox, it gets a bit boring but is great fun evry now and then when you have a quick blast.