PDA

View Full Version : Information on the Battle for Macragge

cornonthecob
14-01-2011, 07:25
I need lots of information on The Battle for Macragge , what would the best sources be ?

I also need a lot of information on Marneus Calgar and the Ultramrines around the time of The Battle for Macragge.

Sikkukkut
14-01-2011, 09:25
Go to the originals, sez I. Find a second-hand book or game shop that has old GW stuff (or Ebay, of course) and get yourself the Hive War supplement for Epic and the original Tyranid Codex for 40K second edition.

shandy
14-01-2011, 11:32
Other sources for the battle (heavily influenced by Hive War):

5th Edition Codex Space Marines has a description of the battle
4th Edition Tyranids has a description as well (5th edition SM takes it lead from this)
Apocolypse Rulebook has the battle report on part of the Battle of Macragge - this then led to a slight retcon of the fluff when 5th edition SM codex was written as Calgar now took part in the land battle as well as the space battle.

The Anarchist
14-01-2011, 14:24
codex ultramarines has quiet a bit of detail on the Battle for Macrage, and the sacrafice of the First company.

ryng_sting
14-01-2011, 18:52
Codex Space Marines and Codex Tyranids.

cornonthecob
17-01-2011, 07:52
Does any of these codexes have a reprint of a last codex information ? Ie : Whats in the tyanid codex may be reprinted from a 3rd ed tyranid codex .

Also does anyone know where I can find the image of the ultramarine captain attacking a tyranid with a sword ? It's in the captain section in the codex but I need a online copy .

Col. Tartleton
17-01-2011, 13:54
The "northern polar fortress" is the fortress of Hera and contains the temple of corrections which is guilliman's final resting place. Not sure about the southern fortress other than dead marines.( Don't try modeling it, the FoH is as big as a mountain and the temple of corrections is a scaled up to 40k marvel version of the roman pantheon. Largest dome in the imperium...

Calgar, his HGs, and Cassius were Pulling maneuvers in space. Ancient Helveticus died but Wouldn't let go of the flag...