PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from GW Online

Felwether
15-01-2011, 05:53
Not entirely certain if this is the right section so Mods feel free to move it.

Just a quick question regarding ordering from GW. I've noticed that there is a considerable difference between GBP prices and Euro prices. My order in Euro came to E245 (206) while in Sterling it came to 155 (E184).

My question is if I order from the UK site will I be charged the Sterling price and have it converted directly to Euro or will they simply charge me the listed Euro price?

shelfunit.
15-01-2011, 10:11
Simple answer - if GW can screw you out of money they will. Unless you are ordering direct only use http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=use&sub=lou at the price you are buying P&P is free and you get at least 10% of RRP - I think they still have their 17.5% sale on at the minute as well - take advantage if you can - I live in France and whilst it can take a little while for a few things to be in stock I have always recieved my package in about a week from dispatch. Great place.

Lyynark
15-01-2011, 10:15
Yeah, I ordered from waylandgames the other day. However, it turns out that GW no longer distributes the Orc Warriors box set (19 models) to retailers. So I had to buy them directly from GW at considerably higher cost.

yabbadabba
15-01-2011, 11:08
@Felwether - ignoring the advertising and ansering your question ....
GW will charge you from where you come from, not the sterling price listed. So as you are in the EU you will get EU prices.

AlexHolker
15-01-2011, 15:03
Simple, correct answer: GW cannot legally change the price they are charging you without your permission, so it should be perfectly safe to order in pounds and simply cancel the sale if they try to convert it to a higher price.

Just make sure you're not forgetting about any shipping costs.

Felwether
15-01-2011, 16:32
Thanks for the answers guys, just thought I'd check that out before I actually did any ordering.

I've decided to actually order from Maelstrom as the price works out at about E100 cheaper!