3 Dragon Ogres @ 237 Pts
Great Weapon; Light Armour

1 Chaos Giant @ 225 Pts
Mutant Monstrosity

Casting Pool: 11

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 31

Total Army Cost: 1996

However, I am strongly considering getting rid off the Chaos Giant. He has been useful in the past, but I find he cannot keep up with the rest of the army, is very random, gets picked on by enemy firepower (and usually dies), and my conversion attempts on the model have been hopeless.

If he does go, what other options do I have?

Well, I have been looking to introduce something different into the list, such as Dogs Of War units (Galloper Gun), possibly Furies, maybe more chariots, another character, maybe some light horse.

My choice must fullfil the following criteria however:

1. A movement value more than 5 OR the ability to scout.

2. Fear or terror would be useful.

I am not too fussed about fluff, as I can tailor the model to suit (for example, if I did go with the galloper gun, I would convert a deamonic cannon/artifact weapon which would fit nicely into the army).

Any ideas out there???

leeoaks
03-06-2005, 14:50
dragon ogres??? i think there speed would prove valuble.

Chris_Tzeentch
06-06-2005, 13:35
They are pretty good, excellent for smashing up chariots and the like, but without support, they cannot deal with normal rank and file troops.

Nukem
06-06-2005, 19:56
How can they not deal with rank and file troops? 9 Attacks hitting mostly on 3-4's and with great weapons wound on 2's. Not to mention a 4+ Save and 4 wounds. I use a unit of 6 of these guys and man they can own anything thrown at them.

Chris_Tzeentch
06-06-2005, 21:43
Because if I hit a typical unit, they have the +3 rank bonus, +1 for having a standard, and +1 for outnumbering before I start. I have to kill at least 6 to stand any chance of winning combat. If they hit the unit in the flank, then it is a different story althogether.

Dragon Ogres and my Chosen Knights in a combined charge is a joy to behold however :evilgrin:

Nukem
06-06-2005, 22:18
The thing is. Most small units have a hard time hurting dragon orge's. A Empire Swordsmen.. strength 3... >< Elves.. Strength 3... Yeah those are those units that are hard to kill, but the thing is that even if they run, they run 3d6 and will most likely come to fight again. And if you are paranoid about them running, just have a Army standard with the banner of the gods next to them... or better yet in the unit.

Chris_Tzeentch
25-02-2006, 22:41
I have decided that a standard deamonic mount is much better than the rather poor disc of tzeentch.

I have also been thinking about trying out a nasty unit of ogre Rhinox cavalry.

Has anyone used them?