PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight Ink WIP

Flame of Udun
20-03-2006, 01:01
I was feeling inspired by Aerion's comic stylings and decided to dig out some of my old sketches and offer them up for your pleasure. Some of them need abit of tidy up work doing as they've ended up rather crumpled but here's the first of them for your enjoyment.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d119/Hellboy555/greyknight.jpg

Warboss Garfang
20-03-2006, 02:26
It's a good drawing, although the whole chest plate seem sto be lacking depth, specifically the central...seal? Whatever the bit with the book and sword would be called. Deffinately a nice job, although it doesn't come out quite as dark as I envision most of the things in the 40k universe.

*EDIT* Your sig also just caused me to chase through LoTR references for 10 minutes...

chris_valera
20-03-2006, 02:58
It's an exceptionally good rendering, and I'd love too see more. For a constructive critique, the chest plates do just out more.

Still, an impressive effort.

--Chris

Aerion the Faithful
20-03-2006, 03:50
Hey there, Flame of Udun!
I'm glad that my art moved your 'creative juices' (hope that doesn't sound bad :D ) and got you working on this great piece! I actually like it a lot, and you've got your style really defined, as can be appreciated here... Of course, i believe that (if done well) this tyle can fit 40K as much as any other or the 'official' GW stuff. I believe that if you are going to colour this piece, you can bring more darkness to it. I agree with the comments on the chest plate too, but since you stated this is a WIP, then maybe we have to wait a little longer for the finished version. Or perhaps you meant for the adornment to be flat... And (if i may) i would add a little detail too: purity seals; remeber that this guys are all for 'the Emperor way', and religious fanatics.

All in all i really enjoy your art, mate, and i hope to be seeing more SOON (and that's not a request :p )

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

Flame of Udun
20-03-2006, 18:20
Cheers guys! Your comments are most appreciated :)! Like I said originally, it is an old piece but seeing as you like it I think I'll do a revised version with purity seals and stuff.

I agree with you Aerion, although I like alot of GW art I don't believe that you always have to keep to the same style.
Bestest,
Flame of Udun

[EDIT]
Here's a quick colour mock up just as a trial run.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d119/Hellboy555/greyknightcopy.jpg

Cyberjankie
21-03-2006, 19:45
The coloured one is very nice! Keep it up.

chris_valera
23-03-2006, 20:22
Oh snap, it looks even better colored! Good job!

--Chris

juddski
24-03-2006, 19:43
nice pic :cool: ,you can see where your inspertion came from ,from the style of your drawing ,
still a very nice pic which for some reason makes me smile:confused:
kudos,keep up the good work Flame of Udun:D