PDA

View Full Version : Any new Space Wolves info?

Ghost Dog
20-03-2006, 01:44
I've been away from 40K for a little while (well, since about the time portent.net went down), although I've occasionally checked back in to see what's up. I was just wondering what the latest info on new Space Wolves stuff was. I'm figuring on a new commander-type mini like the other chapters have gotten, but what other info is there. Besides, "It's gonna be awhile," type info. Thanks. ;)

BlitzPig_Gunner
20-03-2006, 02:02
All rumor points too BA next. The Manager at one of the Virginia shops told me that several chapters were getting the same treatment as the Black Templars. I am sure the SWs are near the top of the list. I would be willing to bet that it is them or the BAs done after the DAs. I would say sometime in 07. He said that 07 was going to be a huge year for Space Marine Fans.

Have you seen the Forgeworld SW stuff? Great Terminator set.

HiveFleetEzekial
20-03-2006, 02:13
rumors do not point to B.angels next. everything says DA. concept sketches, hints from people inside.. a general release date schedule, with SW and BA nowhere to be seen in it. and DA being either late this year, or sometime next year.

there's already several topics up about it..

BlitzPig_Gunner
20-03-2006, 02:16
rumors do not point to B.angels next. everything says DA. concept sketches, hints from people inside.. a general release date schedule, with SW and BA nowhere to be seen in it. and DA being either late this year, or sometime next year.

there's already several topics up about it..

I meant to type DA, acronyms got me... You are very correct Ezekial.

player21
20-03-2006, 03:42
DA should be after eldar. At games day someone aske when the wolves were coming, the answer was no time in the near future.

Ghost Dog
20-03-2006, 03:45
Thanks for the info, guys. I pretty much figured it would be at least next year The Forgeworld terminator stuff is very nice.

Hey, Blitzpig, I really love the paint job on the figure in your avatar. I just picked up that figure last week. Kudos to you if that's your work. ;)

Xhalax
20-03-2006, 19:25
From what my older sibling things (and i trust his opinions as he's very much a vet of the game...playing it for almost as long as i can remember)....it'll probably be quite a while til we'll see the Wolves getting a revamp, coz he says that their army lists are some of the most balanced. So all they really need, apart for some minor tweaks are some new models (resculpts) and maybe some more background here and there.

Maybe so more on the 13th Co.

But this is all just speculation based on what he knows of the game...so don't quote me on any of this.

BlitzPig_Gunner
20-03-2006, 20:06
Thanks for the info, guys. I pretty much figured it would be at least next year The Forgeworld terminator stuff is very nice.

Hey, Blitzpig, I really love the paint job on the figure in your avatar. I just picked up that figure last week. Kudos to you if that's your work. ;)

I can't claim that. I am a pretty good brush but not that good yet. I like the pic and the mini. I am just finishing the slayers from my army box. Now just 32 Warriors, 16 thunderers to get through and I can start on the 14 character models I have waiting....

Lord Hjamlar
20-03-2006, 20:09
SW balanced!!?? IMO they're a bbitittt to poor... But... As u think.
Hjamlar
Btw Ghost Dog are u an SW player? If yes contact me via email plz...

Xhalax
20-03-2006, 20:51
Well Space Wolves were the last of the main Space Marine Chapters done before 4th edition started and they were done by Jervius Jonson.....who I think did a very good job on the 3rd Ed Wolves.

Though I'd really like to know what you thing is so unblanced and broken about the the 3rd edition Space Wolf army list.

And can you cut out the text speak please!

Battlewolf
20-03-2006, 21:06
completely agree. SW is still one of the most balanced lists around. though some actually say we are overpowering, which i dont see personally.
a great job it was the SW codex it brilliant, only a few minor changes are needed to bring it properly kicking butt in 4th, though it can do it now lol

Kindred169
21-03-2006, 00:37
As a fellow Wolf player i wouldn't mind a codex either but the FW terminator conversion set and the plastic scouts (current and upcoming snipers) will keep me happy for now.

Xhalax
21-03-2006, 09:29
Indude. A new codex and some lovely new models (be they're deliciously Forge World....or not) would be brilliant. Or failing that just some conversation sets to make the lovely plastics we have now into something more in fitting with the Wolves.

But as I said, the fact the army list itself is so well balanced and doesn't need heaps of work makes me think that we'll have to wait a while to see what they come up with.

Leman Russ
21-03-2006, 20:53
That is quite True.
The only gripe I truly have at the moment are the overcosted Termies and the lack of super cool varied powers (which IMO would suit SW far better than any "Codex" chapter like those silly Dark Angels).
Other than that the 3rd ed list works fine.

Son of Morkai
21-03-2006, 20:59
I demand new plastic wolves (I would be willing to accept them being released with Orcs and Goblins) and the Wolf Packs FA choice for non-13th Company. Either that, or infiltrating Grey Hunters as a FA choice.

I also demand pancakes.

Wolf Scout Ewan
21-03-2006, 23:00
Jervis was great for balance but the wolves got nerfed unintentionally with codex creep.

Blood Angels... now thats a bloody awful codex.

As I have mentioned elsewhere. Wolves are supposed to very proud martial warriors, excelling in close combat. They are not true berzerkers but headstrong and trained to hit the enemy before they can strike first so they may seem like berserkers.

In whatever fluff you read the wolves are excellent fighters in dense terrain and this makes them good geurilla fighters.

Kahadras
21-03-2006, 23:06
I would like to see a few changes when the new codex comes out. Long fang are my particular gripe but really they just need a lot of tweaking. Blood claw jump packers need to be sorted out (keep the limited numbers, drop the cost) and other things rebalanced to take into acount 4th ed.

Kahadras

Xhalax
22-03-2006, 18:06
Since I like having a fluff army,
it always seems wierd to me, giving the Space Wolves jump packs coz they're kinda technophobic when it comes to stuff like that.

But that's not to say that having people jumping around on jump packs isn't fun.

In turth I can't really say what I'd like to see in the Space Wolves 4th Ed lists because I don't actually play conventional Space Wolves....I play 13th Co. And the only thing i'd like to see in the 13th Co. is the Long Fang pack leader being able to take things from the other options of weapons like the ordinary LF pack leader can.
The 13th Co FL pack leader gets a bolt pistol and a CC weapon and that's it! Which isn't very good, especially when the rest of your pack is running around with speacial weapons.

Plus, I wonder why 13th Co. can't take multi-meltas?

cspo
22-03-2006, 18:44
combat shields and proper servitors for me.

oh, and um.... pancakes too , please.