PDA

View Full Version : Horde width required with Screaming bell/Furnace

CmdrLaw
17-01-2011, 17:35
Had a quick search but nothing obvious came up.

Trying to work out the frontage required for a Skaven unit pushing a furnace or bell to get the Horde bonus. Is it

A) 10 models wide with the bell in the middle.
B) 7 Models wide as the bell displaces 3 models.

Didn't spot a concise answer in the army book or FAQ.

Lorcryst
17-01-2011, 17:40
It's the total frontage, Bell/Furnace included, that counts.

So, since the Bell/Furance is 3 models wide, you'd need at least 7 other models alongside it to be classified as a Horde.

CmdrLaw
17-01-2011, 17:41
Awesome sauce.

Cheers

Tregar
17-01-2011, 18:55
But if you don't put 4 on each side, it looks bad and my children will die due to OCD.

Ludaman
17-01-2011, 21:01
But if you don't put 4 on each side, it looks bad and my children will die due to OCD.

This is correct... if you don't put 4 on each side I have to wash my hands 6 times before playing you and then count the sesame seeds on top of my hamburger bun to make up for the uneven frontage of your unit...

Haravikk
17-01-2011, 21:07
I have the same problem with the width, absolutely has to be four on each side, but the damned modular movement trays only go up to 10! Have to cut off extra strips to stick on, is not ideal!

Still, the unit looks way more awesome that way, plus 40 goes into 5 ranks exactly that way with the bell/furnace proud in the front!

But erm, yeah, 10 for horde. More specifically, the bell/furnace rules state that it counts as the models that it displaces, so the bell is (for the purposes of ranks) a block of Clanrats/Stormvermin/Plague monks 3 wide and 5 deep. Add in the models to either side to figure out how many ranks that is for Steadfast, Strength in Numbers, etc.

Tregar
17-01-2011, 22:12
I made two 5x4 movement tray with lips only on 2 corners, so, 4x5 on each side, and if somehow my Bell is destroyed (yet the 40 Stormvermin pushers are somehow okay) then I can rotate them and push them together. Satisfying! If only they ranked up properly...

isanti13
17-01-2011, 22:28
I deploy my bell in a unit 6 wide so the command and the bell are at the front and my BSB can hide in the back :D

shelfunit.
18-01-2011, 09:37
I deploy my bell in a unit 6 wide so the command and the bell are at the front and my BSB can hide in the back :D

Nice idea, and very Skaven like :D

EDIT: Although he would have to go in the second rank.

isanti13
18-01-2011, 13:45
Nice idea, and very Skaven like :D

EDIT: Although he would have to go in the second rank.

That's the point of it. Having the BSB in the 2nd rank is the best protection I can offer the poor chap :D