PDA

View Full Version : WOC Quick Questions!

Alexander Keith
17-01-2011, 18:53
Oh great Warseer....please help me! I've had several things that have come up in a couple games, and haven't been able to find the answer to.

1) If I have a unit of chaos knights with champion and chaos lord in combat, can I challenge with the champion, or must I challenge with the lord?

2) When shooting with my hellcannon do I draw line of sight from the crew or the barrel?

3) Can a character capture the tower in the Watchtower scenario, and would they be steadfast if they lost combat?

4) If the Watchtower is destroyed, can you still capture it by being within 6 inches?

4) If you pursue a unit that has broken from combat, and you catch them, can you then reform if you have a musician? Page reference?

Many thanks!

Little Joe
17-01-2011, 19:18
1) No, p102 paragraph 4 deals with this, you can choose who does the challenge. But what champion would follow a lord not to challenge? Is it not beneficial for a chaos lord?
2) Barrel.
3) A lone character is a unit, so yes. Page 5 even says a unit consits of 1+ models.
4) Yes this should be found in the Skaven FAQ as only they can destroy it with their bell.
5) No free reforms can only be done in combat(p55) and with light cavalry(p68) or skirmishers(p77). You can reform with a musicain and a Ld-Test in your next movement phase though.

Alexander Keith
17-01-2011, 19:37
Little Joe you rock!

Question one: I'd like my champion to beat up the other champion while my lord kicks some a$$ :-)

Thanks man...

Palatine Katinka
17-01-2011, 20:31
You can reform if you successfully restrain but not if you pursue.

RogueCanadian
21-01-2011, 14:13
The only time that you couldn't choose who challenges is if you have a character that MUST issue a challenge. Skulltaker for instance.

tmarichards
21-01-2011, 14:53
The Hellcannon is a monster and handler type, not a war machine- you take the line of sight from wherever you like really, as the thing doesn't have any obvious eyes.

If you destroy the Tower, the game basically then revolves around the patch of ground where it used to be- so you need to be as close as possible to that, not just within 6".

BigbyWolf
21-01-2011, 15:24
The only time that you couldn't choose who challenges is if you have a character that MUST issue a challenge. Skulltaker for instance.

I think the problem with this is that any WoC model that can issue a challenge, must do so. But, seeing as they all have to, Little Joe is correct, you get to choose who does it.

larabic
21-01-2011, 15:36
The Hellcannon is a monster and handler type, not a war machine- you take the line of sight from wherever you like really, as the thing doesn't have any obvious eyes.

How does this differ from war machines? Do they only use LOS from the crew?

theorox
21-01-2011, 16:16
I think the problem with this is that any WoC model that can issue a challenge, must do so. But, seeing as they all have to, Little Joe is correct, you get to choose who does it.

To be picky, it says that a character who can issue a challenge must do so, unless they've fixed it. So stupid RAW-wise, the character must challenge but the champion must not. ;)

Theo

Matt.Wood88
21-01-2011, 16:21
The rules for challenging with WoC are weird, any model who has the call to glory special rule must issue a challenge. So unless you have a warshrine, it must be the character...
Cheers
Matt

Eta
21-01-2011, 16:28
To be picky, it says that a character who can issue a challenge must do so, unless they've fixed it. So stupid RAW-wise, the character must challenge but the champion must not. ;)

Theo

Read the WoC FAQ, this has been addressed a long time ago.

AMWOOD co
21-01-2011, 16:53
The rules for challenging with WoC are weird, any model who has the call to glory special rule must issue a challenge. So unless you have a warshrine, it must be the character...
Cheers
Matt

Actually, the Eye of the Gods rule says (and the FAQ confirms) that any model that can issue a challenge must do so (this will include all unit champions) but that no character may refuse a challenge (this does not include unit champions). Models with the Eye of the Gods rule listed on their special rules may benefit from the chart when they make certain kills, but all models are bound by the challenge rules whether they have Eye of the Gods or not.

By the by, Call to Glory is a Tzeentchi spell. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Palatine Katinka
21-01-2011, 17:05

How does this differ from war machines? Do they only use LOS from the crew?

War machines draw line of sight from the muzzle/crossbar if they have one otherwise pick a point and use that consistently. The Hellcannon is a monster but it fires like a war machine and part of the rules for firing any war machine is where you draw line of sight/measure range from.

Matt.Wood88
21-01-2011, 18:03
Actually, the Eye of the Gods rule says (and the FAQ confirms) that any model that can issue a challenge must do so (this will include all unit champions) but that no character may refuse a challenge (this does not include unit champions). Models with the Eye of the Gods rule listed on their special rules may benefit from the chart when they make certain kills, but all models are bound by the challenge rules whether they have Eye of the Gods or not.

By the by, Call to Glory is a Tzeentchi spell. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Ou yeah, forgot the name of the rule lol :S
Ooh, I hadn't read the FAQ, that clears up a lot of stuff for me :) (even though I have a warshrine in my army lol)

Cheers
Matt

tmarichards
21-01-2011, 18:28
War machines draw line of sight from the muzzle/crossbar if they have one otherwise pick a point and use that consistently. The Hellcannon is a monster but it fires like a war machine and part of the rules for firing any war machine is where you draw line of sight/measure range from.

Not exactly- it fires like a stone thrower, the rules for which can be found on pg114. A fairly minor distinction, but an important one nonetheless.

BigbyWolf
21-01-2011, 19:06

Theo

To be extra picky, it says chaos models that may issue challenges must do so. :p

EDIT: That being said, maybe the Swedish translation has it a bit differently to the English one. But as Eta says, it's been FAQ'd anyway.

theorox
21-01-2011, 19:38
Read the WoC FAQ, this has been addressed a long time ago.

Thank Gork.

Theo

Palatine Katinka
21-01-2011, 21:31
Not exactly- it fires like a stone thrower, the rules for which can be found on pg114. A fairly minor distinction, but an important one nonetheless.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I checked stone throwers were war machines. ;) A Hellcannon fires like a stone thrower and stone throwers fire using the war machine line of sight rules. Ergo Hellcannons fire using war machine line of sight rules.