PDA

View Full Version : 2.2k woc tournament list

EnglishGor
17-01-2011, 22:30
Hi i am new to both WoC and tournaments and this will be only my second ever tournament in 8th . . . any guidance or help on this list would be appreciated.

Hi all new to the WoC and any help or guidance on this list would be appreciated -

Level 2 Sorcerer
MoT
Conjoined Hommicus
Spell Familiar

Level 2 Sorcerer Death
Chaos Steed
Steam of corruption
Infernal Puppet

Exalted BSB
MoT
Shield

Core

30 Marauders MoK
FCG
Gt Weapons

20 Marauders MoT
FCG
Shields
LA

2x 18 Chaos Warriors MoK
FCG
Halberds and shields
(one of these will have the flaming banner for any HPA, hydras or treekin etc)

18 Chaos Warriors MoT (bsb tzeentch sorcerer in here )
Shields
FCG

3 x 5 Puppies

Rare

1 Hellcannon

popisdead
21-01-2011, 22:43
I don't think you need to take three units of warhounds, two should suffice?

WoC characters 'must' challenge so try to kit them out for killing enemy characters (thus penetrating defenses and causing lots of wounds, KB is good, hence Axe of Khorne is great).

I would generally recommend a single lvl 4 to start unless you prefer lvl 2's. A single lvl 4 is twice as good as two lvl 2s.

Your BSB could have Helm of Many Eyes, Halberd, and MoK. MoT non-sorc characters are useless.

What does FCG mean? full command? If you are taking MoK GW Marauders, take 40-50 :)

MoT Marauders wont' accomplish much.

The MoK Warriors are good. The MoT ones are not. They just won't kill much and Chaos is about really killing things bad, which they do well :)

Helcannons are fun :)

Eta
22-01-2011, 14:49
Your BSB could have Helm of Many Eyes, Halberd, and MoK. MoT non-sorc characters are useless.

MoT isn't useless. It is an easy way to get a good ward save on your combat heroes which they need with all the attacks that are coming their way due to step up and supporting attacks.

The MoK Warriors are good. The MoT ones are not. They just won't kill much and Chaos is about really killing things bad, which they do well :)

That is simply not true. MoT warriors with shields are one of the best anvils in the game. They are hard to take down and still have reasonable punch to take on most enemy units.

tmarichards
22-01-2011, 15:49
Can't see much point with the level 2 on the horse, I can see the logic behind it (hope to get Purple Sun then run and 6 dice it), but only getting 2 spells doesn't give you much chance of getting the spell, or of getting the spell off without a double 6. He also won't get a look out sir. I think you'd be better off taking heavens of shadow on that mage.

I'm also not sold on a level 2 with Tzeentch- I think it's a very under-rated lore, but really rewards the investment of a level 4. A level 4 with Tzeentch and a level 2 with Shadow would be my suggestion.

Making the BSB immune to killing blow would also be a nice touch.

I'm not convinced by the MoT marauders, I know they're there to survive and tie stuff up but you've already got 2 blocks of warriors that can do that job so much better. I'd recommend another block of Khorne marauders with full command and great weapons, as these chaps are easily the best unit in the game, pts for pts. Also, bump the unit sizes up to 40 and run them 10 wide.

21 warriors might be better, lets you run them 3x7- it maintains ranks and attacks for a longer than 3x6, without much more of a pts investment.

2 dogs is fine IMO, 3 doesn't really add much beyond another redirector (which this army doesn't need), another deployment (you've already got plenty) and 2 can cause your opponent to have to fortify each flank to stop them getting round. A third is more likely to get in the way, and give your opponent something easy to kill to get pts.