PDA

View Full Version : Gift of Chaos for Daemon Prince

pointyteeth
18-01-2011, 20:05
Just a quick question about Gifts of Chaos for a Daemon Prince. There are 2 items that say Sorcerer Only. Are these available to Daemon Princes as they technically aren't Sorcerers. This seemed pretty obvious to me until I noticed that there is another item that only affects casting that doesn't say Sorcerer Only. What is the warseer concensus?

*edit* This is for the Warriors daemon prince, not Daemons daemon prince:D

DaemonReign
18-01-2011, 20:12
The Daemon Prince can have Gifts to a total of 75 points.

If you give him a Mark he can have 50 points worth of gift from that given Mark.

There are no Daemonic Gifts that are "wizards only" - but the Daemon Prince (just as any other Daemon that can have Gifts) have a specific list of Gifts it can choose - both the general generic gifts that it can take to 75 points, and the Marked ones for 50 points.

What Gifts in particular did you come across that gave you these ideas?

Cheers!

pointyteeth
18-01-2011, 20:14
Sorry, I meant Warriors of Chaos Daemon Prince. My bad.

DaemonReign
18-01-2011, 20:16
Sorry, I meant Warriors of Chaos Daemon Prince. My bad.

No "MY BAD" actually I should have realized you were talking WoC since you mentioned the word "Sorcerer" haha We DoC players don't have sorcerers..

Cheerio!

pointyteeth
18-01-2011, 20:25
No worries. Though you can have our sorcerers if we can have your list of gifts ;)

Lord Inquisitor
18-01-2011, 20:26
Aha! Found it in the FAQ.

Q. Can a Daemon Prince who is a Wizard take ‘Sorcerer Only’
gifts? (p110 & 112)
A. Yes.

No worries. Though you can have our sorcerers if we can have your list of gifts ;)
Bah, careful what you wish for. I'd happily take a WoC Daemon Prince, gifts and all, as a Lord choice over a DoC Daemon Prince. No stubborn, only 75 points of gifts and limited to level 2 and marks that don't actually do anything ... yeah, they suck and the gifts don't really make them suck much less.

Oh, just looking through the gifts selection. Does Fury of the Blood God give a 2+ Ward save against all magical direct damage attacks?

pointyteeth
18-01-2011, 20:58
Thanks for the answer Lord Inquisitor!

I don't necessarily want the DoC Prince rules, just swap the WoC gift list with the DoC gift list.

And you are correct, Fury of the Blood God is indeed a 2+ ward vs. direct damage spells. ;)

DaemonReign
18-01-2011, 21:05
I don't necessarily want the DoC Prince rules, just swap the WoC gift list with the DoC gift list.

As far as the Prince goes I've understood from more informed people that the WoC one is "better" from scratch while the DoC one can be tailored a bit further with the Gifts that you can give it.

Still, playing DoC (but not WoC) I've got to say that I agree with LordInq about those Gifts being sort of "meh".

Especially the fact that you don't get stat-changes (or Something!) for purchasing a Mark (I believe the WoC does get that) is really annoying.

Getting the mark of Slaanesh is almost completely redundant since ASF and Many Armed Monst. are already generic Gifts.

As far as my hopes goes I cross my fingers that they make a "new" prince in the next book that starts off a little lower in points cost compared to now, and then has a much (MUCH) greater range of possible Gift-improvements.. So that a Daemon Prince can cost anything between 250-800 basically.

That'd be cool.

Palatine Katinka
19-01-2011, 18:39
As far as the Prince goes I've understood from more informed people that the WoC one is "better" from scratch while the DoC one can be tailored a bit further with the Gifts that you can give it.

Funnily enough that's the EXACT SAME situation as in 40K! The Chaos Daemons' Prince has a much wider range of options but the Chaos Space Marines' Prince starts off better and is cheaper than the Daemons' one would be with the gifts he needs in order to catch up! Amusing bit of daemonic consistency across games. ;) However, the 40k Daemons' Prince does at least get something for the points you spend on a Mark...