PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt TK vs Skaven

Maglok
19-01-2011, 15:06
I am building a list against Skaven. At the moment my idea is to dominate magic and shooting and hope she doesn't reach me. I am a bit worried about a warp cannon or doomwheel though.

This is a list that isn't entirely finished yet, I just feel it is missing something.

lords 524 pts
Isis (Tomb Queen) (Wizard hat)

Bakari (Lich High Priest)

Heroes 587 pts
Hathor (Lich Priest) (Brooch of the Great Desert, Enkhil's Kanopi) - Casket of souls

Naeem (Lich Priest)

Icon Bearer (Standard of the sands)

Core 811 pts
2 Tomb swarms

37 skeleton archers (Banner of the undying legion, champion + sb)

37 skeleton archers

5 skeleton light horsemen

Special 170 pts
2 Tomb scorpions

Rare 440 pts
Screaming Skull Catapult (Skulls of the foe)

Ammut (Bone Giant)

TOTAL: 2532 pts (over max)

============================

I am unsure on the Kanopi, I don't know if Skaven have remains in play spells anyway.

The idea is to stop her marching on turn 1 with standard of the sands. Bury the tomb swarms to then reappear to eat some warmachinery. The iconbearer should help with the stupidity on the tomb queen. Skeleton light horsemen to flank and take out single stuff. Tomb scorpions to potentially eat the grey seer off a screaming bell.

Any comments?

Pulstar
19-01-2011, 15:34
I like the list, but some random thoughts...

I'd be concerned that your only King has the hat and could get sucked into the warp on a really bad roll.

I'd also don't think a unit of 5 light horse would take out anything, even a skaven weapon team. And your skeletons already take you over you min core.

Send the scorps at the BSB before the grey seer. Once you kill him the SSC may break something.

The TK can take two dispel scrolls that may work better then the Kanopi for magic defense.

Not sure if you going to be playing, but a unit of 20 skeletons to put into the watchtower my be worth it.

Maglok
19-01-2011, 15:39
5 light horsemen have worked nicely for me so far. People seem to get scared of em. They can also charge and try to win combat with stuff. Charge + SB + maybe 1 wound = CR 3.

BSB, that's a good idea. I am considering a dispell scroll yeah. So does that mean the skaven don't have remains in play spells?

Don't think there will be a watchtower around.

ftayl5
19-01-2011, 22:02
lords 524 pts
Isis (Tomb Queen) (Wizard hat) good, fun, might even role some nice character sniping spells or something

Bakari (Lich High Priest) good

Heroes 587 pts
Hathor (Lich Priest) (Brooch of the Great Desert, Enkhil's Kanopi) - Casket of souls casket is good, drop the Kanopi, Skaven literally have no remains in play spell

Naeem (Lich Priest) yep

Icon Bearer (Standard of the sands) good standard, and the only way to get it

Core 811 pts
2 Tomb swarms great

37 skeleton archers (Banner of the undying legion, champion + sb) good

37 skeleton archers no command?

5 skeleton light horsemen ok, nice speed bump etc, don't expect them to do much though

Special 170 pts
2 Tomb scorpions great

Rare 440 pts

Ammut (Bone Giant)

TOTAL: 2532 pts (over max)

Skulls of the foe is ok now but with re-rolls and such high LD,it ain't worth it against skaven.

Maglok
20-01-2011, 08:35
Ah no remains in play spells? Drop kicking the kanopi then. Could try to add a command to the 2nd archer unit. I am really afraid of the 13th spell if I for example take tomb guard. Thus skeletons seem to work for me.

I don't expect the light horsemen to do much, but so far they have always been worth their points.

Think I'll replace Kanopi with dispell scroll and then shave a few points to get down to 2500.

ftayl5
20-01-2011, 10:40
Think I'll replace Kanopi with dispell scroll and then shave a few points to get down to 2500.

Most wise.