PDA

View Full Version : 1800 WOC tournement list

martijn
19-01-2011, 17:58
hey everyone!

the first weekend of february i'll be attending this tournement and i'm really looking forward to it. One of the problems i'm facing though is the points value. It's a weird amount if you ask me and i'm not sure what to do with it given recent experience.

Last saturday I attended a small tournement and my 2 opponents both ran heavy magic (1 mono tzeetch deamon army in which everything could cast spells! and a skaven army with, i believe, 3 magic users.) So, i'm not to sure what to do with magic. I like magic but since woc characters are expensive in general i'm not sure wheter i should go for several wizards or not.

anyway, this is what i came up with:

level 2
Mark of Nurgle (I like their lore the best...)
dispel scroll

BSB
shield
Mark of Tzeetch
warbanner

50 marauders
flails
Mark of Khorne
musicien
Standard

30 warriors
shields
Mark of Nurgle
Full command
banner of Rage (frenzy)

5 hounds

5 horsemen
flails

5 knights
Mark of Nurgle
Musicien, Standard

Hellcanon

the BSB goes into the warrior unit and remains, the wizzard into the marauder unit or he goes about on his own.

if anything is unclear feel free to speak your mind :P

C&C are more than welcome (needed!! :P)

-martijn

tmarichards
19-01-2011, 18:33
Give the marauders great weapons.

martijn
19-01-2011, 19:39
yeah, there's a small problem, i equiped all the models with flails, so.....
i know now that i shouldnt but yeah i'm kind of stuck with those.
thanks for reacting though

anything else? ^^

BaSe
19-01-2011, 20:15
What is a great weapon? Flails on a model could quite easily be classed as a great weapon. Its no wysiwyg in warhammer. As long as you explain it at the start of the game then no one will complain.

martijn
20-01-2011, 13:46
hmm oke.... alright ^^.
anything else? how is the rest of the list?

BaSe
20-01-2011, 20:30
Personally I'd dump the knights add another 12 warriors and have 2 units of 21. Not sure how that would fit points wise but they would do better than the knights IMHO.

immortal git
20-01-2011, 20:51
find points to give the horsemen mos, its pretty much free anyway, if not, drop em for more hounds

martijn
23-01-2011, 10:09
okay, thanks everyone! ^^
after i did some, reading, thinking and calculating, i came up with the following

level 2
Mark of Nurgle
dispel scroll

BSB
shield
Mark of Tzeentch
war banner

50 marauders
great weapons
Mark of Khorne
Musician, Standard

18 warriors
shields
Mark of Nurgle
Full command

18 warriors
shields
Mark of Nurgle
Full command

5 horsemen
flails

3 ogres
Chaos armour
Great weapons
Mark of Khorne

Hellcannon

How about that? possitive changes? better? worse? what do guys think?

@base, I wanted too, and it would fit, but i just dont have that many warriors xD. 36 is the max that I have and the tournement is the 20th of February so I wont be be able to finish all of that by then.

@Immortal git, thank you. I tried to change it, I wanted to change it, but then i had to cut it again to make some room for those ogres.

martijn

BaSe
23-01-2011, 10:22
I quite like this list. One addition i'd try and fit in on your lvl 2. The spell familiar at at 15pts so you can have 3 spells and if possible the 3rd eye of tzeentch is great. But minimum the familiar makes magic choices that little bit netter (and more chance of getting the spells you want).

martijn
23-01-2011, 11:07
@ BaSe. Okay, i know.... but how??
haha, there's no room for anything! the total is 1798. So i would need to cut 13 points.
I suppose i could drop the marauder horsemen.

and perhaps if i'd drop the ogres as wel i could make the wizzard a level 4..... hmm, would that be better?

stronger magic, but no element of speed and only 3 units (though or nbig numbers...) and a hellcanon.

what should I do?