PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings - Crumble & Overrun?

polanowj
20-03-2006, 15:09
First time against Tomb Kings yesterday with my Chaos Undivided troops. His failed charge against Marauders, left him open for a flank charge by a unit of knights. Killed 4 of the 5 heavy cav, last one crumbled due to CR (they lost by +7), went to overrun through them (since there was DOW giant looming near their flank) and was told that if you destroy a unit by crumbling, that you cannot overrun, TK special rule. Player didn't have his rule book but he had been playing them awhile. For you TK players out there - is that the case?

The reason I ask is that he plays in the store locally and was going to let him know that he did his Bone Giant's unstoppable assault incorrectly (he did it off hits, not wounding hits) and his blessing of the asps can't be used unless Khalida is in the Army (she wasn't) and possibly this. While he is a younger player, he plays a bunch of younger players and since he is very well read, the younger players believe him, though I have seen him get the rules confused before (normal Giants in his Gnoblar list always get to attack first, things like that).

Commander X
20-03-2006, 15:26
The special rules about our "Break Tests" litteraly say that if the enemy wipes them out due to crumblin in the first round, they may overrun as normal. (Last sentence of the special rule.)

So it appears he's wrong on another thing there.

polanowj
20-03-2006, 15:28
Harrummph. Thanks for the info.

EvC
20-03-2006, 19:38
I hope you won anyway!

polanowj
20-03-2006, 19:39
ah, no, but thank you for your continued support.....

gortexgunnerson
22-03-2006, 16:56
For TK archers they aways hit on 5+ regardless of modifiers in all TK armies. The special character just gives them the ability to take poisonous attacks for +2 points a model.

On the crumbling point yes you can over run if they crumble in the first round of combat

Neesh
26-03-2006, 20:21
For TK archers they aways hit on 5+ regardless of modifiers in all TK armies. The special character just gives them the ability to take poisonous attacks for +2 points a model.

On the crumbling point yes you can over run if they crumble in the first round of combat

They always hit on their BS, not on a 5+, so if you reduce that statistic to 1 or improve it in any way they just won't be getting any modifiers but still hitting on the required unmodified score.

ZomboCom
26-03-2006, 22:52
They always hit on their BS, not on a 5+, so if you reduce that statistic to 1 or improve it in any way they just won't be getting any modifiers but still hitting on the required unmodified score.

Which since TK archers are BS 2 is EXACTLY the same as saying they always hit on a 5+. Sheesh!

Arnizipal
26-03-2006, 22:57
So if you cast Word of Pain on skellie archers, they'll be hitting on 6'es?

T10
27-03-2006, 06:12
If the effect provides a modifier on the To Hit-roll then the Tomb King Skeleton Archers will disregard it.

If the effect modifies the Ballistic Skill then they will be affected.

-T10