PDA

View Full Version : Saurus and Skinks are both fine

Felworth
21-01-2011, 01:51
Slann Mage Priest, battle standard bearer, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation, Standard of Discipline, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones

Saurus Scar-Veteran, light armor, Gold Sigil Sword, Enchanted Shield

20 Saurus Warriors, full command

25 Saurus Warriors, full command, spears

10 Skink Skirmishers, javelins/shields

20 Temple Guard, full command

Stegadonů 235pts

10 Chameleon Skinks

2 Salamander Hunting Packs

2 Salamander Hunting Packs

Army Totalů 2,250pts

Slann holds center with his temple guard, other saurus blocks hold around them, saurus leader with the hand weapon group. Salamanders operate on the saurus flanks, burning anything that gets near by. Stegadon and skinks with javelins are on the extreme flanks to ward off big monsters or lull my opponents into believing I have a clever plan for them. I do not. Chameleons murder war machines.

Any thoughts or is this what all the cool lizzie players field?

metalloveman
21-01-2011, 05:19
Is this a response to my skink list?
I would drop the hero for more temple guard or a skink preist. Also I feel spears arn't worth losing parry, but thats just me.

tmarichards
21-01-2011, 14:41
Spears are better than Parry in my experience, the extra attacks will more often than not balance out the combat res.

Slaan needs to have his lore specified, I'd recommend Light. Life is very good, but it's also very dull to play against, Light requires a more tactical approach and balances out some of the major weakness of Lizards- I10 M8 Temple Guard? Go on then...

I'd recommend taking the flaming banner on the Temple guard, and if the Scar Vet is going to be in a different unit then give him the Burning Blade.

You could also drop a Salamander from each pack for more skink skirmishers.

Felworth
22-01-2011, 14:07
Is this a response to my skink list?
I would drop the hero for more temple guard or a skink preist. Also I feel spears arn't worth losing parry, but thats just me.

Not particularly. I saw your thread title and figured I'd get more responses if my thread title piggy-backed off of yours. A bit worried about throwing a skink priest into the line up as the Slann will hog up most of the spell dice.

Spears are better than Parry in my experience, the extra attacks will more often than not balance out the combat res.

Slaan needs to have his lore specified, I'd recommend Light. Life is very good, but it's also very dull to play against, Light requires a more tactical approach and balances out some of the major weakness of Lizards- I10 M8 Temple Guard? Go on then...

I'd recommend taking the flaming banner on the Temple guard, and if the Scar Vet is going to be in a different unit then give him the Burning Blade.

You could also drop a Salamander from each pack for more skink skirmishers.

Everyone says Lore of Life but more fighty temple guard is appealing.

Thanks for the responses.